AC Time Attack Challenge 2.0 - see post #590 for a link to a Boxing Day event with the Alfa GTA

312barca.png

My first attempt, I haven't driven this car in over a year. Not really happy with my time, I feel I can shave two seconds off that if I get the time

This is quite a fun car when you get used to it. Am using the Penso tune, thanks for that @Johnnypenso

Also, there's a bump in the penultimate corner exit and it can go wrong.

Very wrong.
Death%20Rides%20a%20Ferrari_zpsxrj8rc5m.jpg

The marshals be like, "Yo, see this every day, ain't nuthin' new...and get yo' damn self outta da car.":lol::lol:

I've run about 10-12 laps and every time I'm doing well, for me, I do something and screw it up. My best registered time, thus far, is: 1:47.785... BTW, all of a sudden I can't take screenshots of the New Personal Best screen by pressing F8. What's up with that?

Ferrari_312t.jpg

BTW, all of a sudden I can't take screenshots of the New Personal Best screen by pressing F8. What's up with that?View attachment 478467
What Sureboss said, or use a third party overclocking/recording/measuring tool like Afterburner or Precision X. Also, could it be that you have software running in the background that uses the same key and overrides AC?

What Sureboss said, or use a third party overclocking/recording/measuring tool like Afterburner or Precision X. Also, could it be that you have software running in the background that uses the same key and overrides AC?
Hmm...I'll have to check and see if I have anything else running that might have taken control of F8. I don't think so, off the top of my head, but you never know. Thanks for the suggestion! I've just been pressing Print Screen and then pasting into Photoshop the last couple of times that F8 didn't work for me.

Is everyone running with damage on or off? I don't want to post a time with it off if everyone is keeping it on. :)
I have damage on all the time but the OP says you can set it any way you like. If I go with RSR Live Timing or something similar next time around I'll be able to specify but this time it's open.

Had a go with this a couple of nights ago. Liked it so much I made a video:

Very nice driving. I took mine out for a spin a couple of nights ago. While it's not a very powerful car, it can become unsettled quite quickly. You must be extremely focused to drive this Porsche 550 Spyder fast...and quick reflexes don't hurt! :D

Went with damage on today and went a tenth better than my lap yesterday with damage off.

upload_2015-11-12_21-39-40.png

Using Johnny's tune with a few tweaks. Would be no where near 44's nevermind 43's without it. :)👍

I think using a shorter 2nd gear and using 3rd instead in a few places gives you better acceleration out of some of the slow corners.

Looks like this combination is scaring off a few people:nervous::nervous:. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a spin, don't be intimidated by this car, especially with the tune I posted. It carries big slip angles quite easily and it's quite controllable with the throttle.

Looks like this combination is scaring off a few people:nervous::nervous:. If you haven't tried it yet, give it a spin, don't be intimidated by this car, especially with the tune I posted. It carries big slip angles quite easily and it's quite controllable with the throttle.
I agree. Based on the entrants in the previous rounds, I am clearly one of the slowest drivers who has participated. Now, once again I am several seconds off the pace, but I wouldn't say that I find the car particularly scary to drive. I'm just finding it difficult to put together a lap where I don't make a BIG mistake. Usually my mistakes involve too much throttle. Either I'm bombing into corners with too much speed, or I mash the throttle on corner exit and get the car all out of shape. Still, I think there are much scary cars you could have picked. I'm sure you will, in future rounds. :lol:

There are some very impressive times submitted thus far. I hope that I give this round some more effort. I know that I can knock time off of my submitted time. No, I will not find myself sneaking up on you, Saidur_Ali or Aderrrm, but I'm okay with that. I just want to be able to say "I submitted the best time that I could, for where my skill level is currently at."

I didn't submit for a couple of rounds already because I didn't put in much effort and my lap times reflected it greatly. I'm not embarrassed to come in last place each round. It is what it is. I'm sure, in time, I will improve. But, I do get upset with myself if I'm not concentrating and giving it my best.

i enjoyed the car more than I thought I would. It's a good combo, I prefer the car to the SLS.
I don't know if it was the combination of SLS and Zandavoort, or just one of the two, but I did not enjoy driving that round at all. I really like the look of the SLS...I always have. Yet, for some reason, I had a very difficult time getting that car to perform.

I agree. Based on the entrants in the previous rounds, I am clearly one of the slowest drivers who has participated. Now, once again I am several seconds off the pace, but I wouldn't say that I find the car particularly scary to drive. I'm just finding it difficult to put together a lap where I don't make a BIG mistake. Usually my mistakes involve too much throttle. Either I'm bombing into corners with too much speed, or I mash the throttle on corner exit and get the car all out of shape. Still, I think there are much scary cars you could have picked. I'm sure you will, in future rounds. :lol:

There are some very impressive times submitted thus far. I hope that I give this round some more effort. I know that I can knock time off of my submitted time. No, I will not find myself sneaking up on you, Saidur_Ali or Aderrrm, but I'm okay with that. I just want to be able to say "I submitted the best time that I could, for where my skill level is currently at."

I didn't submit for a couple of rounds already because I didn't put in much effort and my lap times reflected it greatly. I'm not embarrassed to come in last place each round. It is what it is. I'm sure, in time, I will improve. But, I do get upset with myself if I'm not concentrating and giving it my best.
Good to hear:tup:👍 Did you try my tune? It really stabilizes the car and makes it easier to drive hard. It's worth a few laps to try it out. The gears are a bit taller than they need to be and that helps to get the power down. If you are tuning and struggling to get the power down, stretch the gears out a bit, add 10-15 kms to second and third gear so you can exit the corners before the power curve really peaks. It's often faster around the track that way anyway. Glad you are sticking around though, I thought we had lost you after the first round:crazy:

I've driven the combo - don't worry, it's a great combo to drive, essentially a 'big-boy' shifter-kart on a wonderful track. My issue is having freetime/motivation after a long workday, I've only managed to dedicate time for a handfull of practice laps - half of which was setting FFB & such. :indiff:
2015-11-11_00002.jpg

Line was all over the place and, again, I was pretty much starting from scratch with the car. I'm sure given the time I could get closer, you know, 2-4 seconds off-pace vs. the ~10 from the last round :sly:

Where was this game when I was in Highschool ?, I had all the time in the world back then. :lol:

Last edited:
Looks like this combination is scaring off a few people:nervous::nervous:
I'm not scared off, I loved it (stock) in the 1hr I spent earlier this week. 👍 But it was a 1:48.3 and I knew that there was 1 or 2 sec out there, and I guess I like to put up a good first effort. Will definitely make some more time and try out your tune. :cheers:

Did you try my tune? It really stabilizes the car and makes it easier to drive hard.
I think I'll have to give your tune a go then.

@ALB123: Good to see that you're not worried about coming in last. Neither am I. Too old to care. :P In fact, before starting here I was sure I was going to be miles behind the others. I'm lurking near the bottom of the lists, and I expect to do so in the near future as well. But it's just plain fun, both as a challenge and also watching other's videos and learning things from them.
Agree about the SLS being a tough beast, although I personally really enjoyed it. But it demands a quick reaction when you lose the rear. In comparison the 312T lets you enjoy a light supper before you have to countersteer.

Back