AC Time Attack Challenge 2.0 - see post #590 for a link to a Boxing Day event with the Alfa GTA

I have to hit the sack early tonight and be up early so I'm going to post the next challenge a couple of hours ahead of time. I'll get the stats updated with last week's results tomorrow night. It's the classic McLaren F1 GTR at Mugello this week for our final event of the competition. A very fast car that is fun to drive, but lacking the sure footedness of modern race cars. Mugello is a very smooth and fast track and a good test for this high speed machine.
LJDLgVjHkBAAM-kVdv_oZdmImuE-WvJMC8yjydKsQA-X1nvcSi7YgTaL1D4YT8q5KVlPYFWoj0bc_jDBYI6bE8s2gjSkTsO3QIHmeO9ZIP6axCUNaRFf72-7azuxTx7_0OCTZ99ff6gXybKqB7QbA47eC-WrAHPCREoZRCYjg34-iYC9-Swog8UpTqexEggSuG5ebj1Bg9SlipJko5RNM0PNg7svn8HB6K9waSGXN7qWicUJkGqM3TmNP28nJHVwcV332Xmqj_ObBidRnp0jDWwFF3nfpyGG5e8U8QyCnJgDx2ozMGe8255F87WOae3wCu3doNvOlZ21Kl-GRSjy1-jsr7cJy1B_T28uAleMk_RBh-c-c-0zKcRRT8hHaqS8JCCaCSa8DmbdajwPUcISgE8hmj6Uy_CPUzGpQY5WhsZ51y9GqQrffY2o4xs21dVREztpq8Su2aPbpISSCqIyL-WaQIvSdY3Y740PvGzYO00PYp8tCKa3_WwffpXT4SPzv6ym8spDgUcNNt3PbS4vf0uolfpmCybF4ZFxovlz4g0=w1862-h651-no

I had a real brake failure on my lap, I was braking for a corner when suddenly I completely lost my brakes and went off as a result - felt unnerving in the game let alone what it must feel like in real life just being a passenger as you spear off the track at speed.

Luckily for me I only had to spend 20 mins in the pits for repairs - spare load cell fitted and I'm ready to go again.

Not raced at Mugello before, so I look forward to trying that out. Didn't have time to do anything with the Audi, but I need to drive it at some point!

Didn't get a lot of time to do this after my load cell died, and the first few laps I did do I was wondering why I wasn't getting the same speed down the straight, realized my brake was on a little bit :embarrassed:

Anyway, sorted out that little problem and laid down a time. I adore this car, it sounds and looks like sex and it drives really well too. I'm not too experienced with Mugello but it's a lovely flowing track when linked up properly.

Mugello%201_56_635_zps4ozes4ii.jpg

I may need to have another go once everyone comes in and obliterates my time lol.

Also must say thank you to Johnnypenso for organizing this, you've done a great job with these combinations and I've really enjoyed giving it a go.

d0d5ec0555.jpg

Did a few laps with soft tires, 3 front wing, 8 rear wing, and slightly harder rear suspension. I'll probably end up going back to baseline when I try again. :lol:

This was also done with right foot braking like it should be. Maybe I'll improve on it if I decide to use my left foot. ;)

I'll have a video up later tonight or tomorrow. I fiddlefarted around tuning but only gained a little more than a tenth but of course, forgot to save the replay. I did save an earlier .979 that was run with the stock setup and that's the replay I'll post. I will probably have another crack at the stock setup but with the 320 km/h gearing and a 58 brake balance.

2015-12-07_00001.jpg

When it finishes processing:

Last edited:
I'll have a video up later tonight or tomorrow. I fiddlefarted around tuning but only gained a little more than a tenth but of course, forgot to save the replay. I did save an earlier .979 that was run with the stock setup and that's the replay I'll post. I will probably have another crack at the stock setup but with the 320 km/h gearing and a 58 brake balance.
You may have said this before, but what FOV are you using?

Kudos to you guys using H-Shifter. 👍 Problem I find is after a few shifts it comes off my desk so I rarely use it. :lol:
Mine does that if I shift with too much vigor. So I've learned to shift lightly. But I still have to screw the shifter down really tight. :lol:

Back