AC Time Attack Challenge 2.0 - see post #590 for a link to a Boxing Day event with the Alfa GTA

3_pc89HnF5kIp4l9Ua_ocXeoZ-IcHZGPdbBw1B6uFsOfxTfhoTPbsxeW6X4KvAAfApS60Azv5nfCkG-U8_cmp9O4aVuS3B5PyqpDd50yqWRL9aCT5sid5AeyVhhGoawGejRzNJY89DtWqgml7WhrhXdgBr2a7_-hPJBEZ6-o6-QYmUChZWryaWwJ8UQhYMmZUa_w8NGqNST4_HKs8PUiih_1pJ7RYbRqZqK3_uadir0TdzuEwPazf0p42rAicneTaKttRJ_ImppWXt0BJdQRVY75i4t7VH7F2xhSf_rda-qQGCmbtLH8kvCQlTyCEJ015Z7WS2mO8UYw8HS8bQ7WWEovCrsqMLGr3Ojlvy4tchMmNtu-uc9_pHX1rI_ZwcdV0zSk4JhAjaa5bJVBwXmfe__gW0e-erA56Cc-9gAvmqHQ4OKGALyA37rL-Uf3G6vUsfNTfmacBM01J3rYzrpY7Og0Uzx-LcVrWS812tkBUqFOu8F93DviCfIlefCKbssp8i63nRgDfDePwwin1-86FsHry7-6Vp9FD6vNseoTAwM=w1604-h912-no
The SLS AMG on Zandvoort is like trying to tame a bucking bronco. Massive amounts of torque are ready to spin the tires with a heavy foot so smoothness and getting the power down should be rewarded here. I had no time to put in a competitive lap and the RSR boards are reset so I have no idea what a decent lap looks like. Should be a challenging combination.

Last edited:
Sadly I couldn't improve any further. The next combo looks great! Unfortunately, I won't be able to put any laps in until Friday since I'm going to Berlin. (if I wanted to make a big deal out of this, I could call this a "business trip" :lol:)
Congrats to everybody who participated - and especially to @Aderrrm - incredible lap time! 👍

Must be because of my schedule, but Monday night (it's 9pm here in Australia) seems to suit me for some Assetto Corsa so looks like embarrassingly I'm setting the first time again. This combination is a bit of a handful and I'm taking it fairly easy in a lot of parts, which takes it's toll on the laptime obviously. Hopefully I get to keep practicing this combination this week and gain some confidence in the car to enable me to drive it a bit harder and smoother and improve my time.

Zanvoort%201_55_783_zps6v1mryqh.jpg

Must be because of my schedule, but Monday night (it's 9pm here in Australia) seems to suit me for some Assetto Corsa so looks like embarrassingly I'm setting the first time again. This combination is a bit of a handful and I'm taking it fairly easy in a lot of parts, which takes it's toll on the laptime obviously. Hopefully I get to keep practicing this combination this week and gain some confidence in the car to enable me to drive it a bit harder and smoother and improve my time.

Zanvoort%201_55_783_zps6v1mryqh.jpg
You give us all something to shoot for all week. :cheers:

I have updated the total points in the OP. I did it manually while I'm away from my pc and I'll double check when I get home in a couple of days.

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes. I'll fix it when I get home and I'm not on my phone.

Should be a good exercise in learning how the new tire-model copes with heating & traversing such a bumpy surface under various loads. 👍

Also a good chance to try the new TCS/ABS models too. Gotta give myself something to do if I'm only Chris-Harris fast against GTP folk :lol:

That is if real-life doesn't throw wrenches at me this week...

Shabiha is a difficult word to translate into English. It comes from the word Syrians used to describe the luxury Mercedes favored by the Assad family's operatives that the enforcers of the regime used to move money, smuggle weapons and intimidate opponents
photo(5).JPG

Getting a lap on the board in case I don't get another chance. I feel I can knock two seconds off this time though with a little practise and a smidge of trail braking

slszand.png

Man, I'm gonna have to grind this one. Don't even know the track properly. Looking forward to it. :)
At least I`m not not the only one who doesn`t know the track! I ran some laps yesterday to learn which way it goes. I must say its a cracking drive! I`ll post a time when I`m less embarrassed by it!:lol: Can anyone post a video to show me hows its supposed to be done? It would be much appreciated. 👍

Got down in to the 55s eventually, but new car and track, so there's loads left out there.

As a bit of an AC noob, I assume semislicks are the faster tyre?

I'm late to the party! I'll try and find some time to give this a go... I don't know the track at all so... I'll try and reserve a lot of time lol

I might recommend a fixed tune, put everyone on level footing, all focus on car control... But then we would miss out on collecting some nice tunes...

These go from Sunday to Sunday if I'm reading this correctly?

Great to have more "motivators" to drive cars I might otherwise ignor.

Wasn't the cleanest lap by far, but I feel I got around 50% of the corners hooked up exactly as I wanted. I always seemed to lose the most time after the sweeping right, left, right. The next two corners after that (the strange left and the even stranger right) catch me out big time! I think I am losing a good 0.6-0.8s just there.

slszand.png

Back