ACC now has multi class AI racing with the British GT dlc

• Thread starter VFOURMAX1
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Been watching some racing online of the new single player AI multi class racing on ACC and it looks really well done. Cars race well and the GT4 AI cars hold their racing line and you need to pass cleanly if you are in the GT3 car.
I have not seen a race yet where the driver was in a GT4 car and the AI was all GT 3's
I have not had a chance to try out the new download since I bought it but having GT3 and GT4 AI multi class racing is totally awesome.
You need to launch it out of the new British season but it can be run from my understanding on all tracks in the game not just the new ones.

This is a great addition and I believe maybe the first AI to pull this off at least that I am aware of.

Been watching some racing online of the new single player AI multi class racing on ACC and it looks really well done. Cars race well and the GT4 AI cars hold their racing line and you need to pass cleanly if you are in the GT3 car.
I have not seen a race yet where the driver was in a GT4 car and the AI was all GT 3's
I have not had a chance to try out the new download since I bought it but having GT3 and GT4 AI multi class racing is totally awesome.
You need to launch it out of the new British season but it can be run from my understanding on all tracks in the game not just the new ones.

This is a great addition and I believe maybe the first AI to pull this off at least that I am aware of.
If you're talking about multi class AI racing, Project CARS 2 let you choose up to 4 different classes per race I believe.

But if you're talking about how well those different classes race each other then I imagine ACC does it much better lol

Last edited:
can you make multiclass racing "outside" British GT? I mean... GT4 and GT3 on Laguna Seca for example?
Just seen some footage from random callsign on YouTube with multi class at Bathurst so seems like it's possible, yeah.
Think it has to be with the British GT drivers and liveries though.

Yeah you have to have British GT selected to run multi class racing but you’re still able to select tracks outside of the British championship.

If you're in a GT3 do the GT4 cars hop out of the way pretty quickly once you come up to lap them?
The replays I watched that answer is as in real life, The GT4 cars will not block or actually defend but they will hold their racing line and it is up to the gt3 to safely pass.
Just like in real life the blue flag rules do not require the slower cars to get out of the way, slow down or concede the preferred racing line. JUST NOT DEFEND BEING PASSED OR MOVE OVER TO BLOCK BEING PASSED.
Streams I watched looked pretty on spot as where the GT3 cars caught the traffic could help or hurt depending.

The replays I watched that answer is as in real life, The GT4 cars will not block or actually defend but they will hold their racing line and it is up to the gt3 to safely pass.
Just like in real life the blue flag rules do not require the slower cars to get out of the way, slow down or concede the preferred racing line. JUST NOT DEFEND BEING PASSED OR MOVE OVER TO BLOCK BEING PASSED.
Streams I watched looked pretty on spot as where the GT3 cars caught the traffic could help or hurt depending.

I've got my AI strength turned up enough that I no longer lap cars but I know when I used to come up to lap a back marker they would really make an effort to move over. I figured it would be the same in multi-class.

I've got my AI strength turned up enough that I no longer lap cars but I know when I used to come up to lap a back marker they would really make an effort to move over. I figured it would be the same in multi-class
You have to remember though that the GT4 cars though being lapped by the GT3 class are not backmarkers per say in the race as there is a race within a race with both classes actually have a winner along with the overall race winner getting recognition.

Back