ACC PS5 Version "Crashes" after joining or creating a private lobby

Portugal
Lisbon
Oinsert_coinO
Hello community,

So I'm having this weird glitch that is causing my PS5 version of ACC to crash in multiplayer only whenever i try to create a private lobby or even if i join one after an invite from a friend i immediately get disconnected from the game and into the PS5 menu and a error code message appears.
The strangest thing is that this crash only happens if I have my steering wheel (Thrustmaster T300) connected and on the options menu of the game the "Wheel" controller is highlighted. If i have the "wireless controller" highlighted instead...nothing happens, no crash or bug whatsoever (even if the wheel is connected)....but the moment I highlight the "Wheel" option...after just a couple of seconds the game crashes.... weird as **** to say the least.
And has i mentioned earlier, in offline mode (Single Player, Career, Championship,etc) there's not a glitch what so ever.

Is anyone experiencing this situation? Today was my first time trying the multiplayer mode with some friends and was really disappointed by it ( it only glitched on me,my friends are using Fanatec ecosystem and didn't have any issue like this)

Last edited:
I have exactly same problem also t300 ps5 playing acc multiplayer. Downgrade t300 firmware did not help... plz reply here if you find solution

Last edited:
I have exactly same problem also t300 ps5 playing acc multiplayer. Downgrade t300 firmware did not help... plz reply here if you find solution
Hey, i still didn't found a solution for our problem unfortunately 😕. On YouTube there is nothing and on other forums i can only find people replying that have the same issues but no helping answers as well 😕. Probably we are stuck with this error until a new update arrives and only if they are aware of it.

Did you had any issue prior to this new update? Like i said above, it was my first time trying multiplayer and i can't say if the error was around before the new update

Hey, i still didn't found a solution for our problem unfortunately 😕. On YouTube there is nothing and on other forums i can only find people replying that have the same issues but no helping answers as well 😕. Probably we are stuck with this error until a new update arrives and only if they are aware of it.

Did you had any issue prior to this new update? Like i said above, it was my first time trying multiplayer and i can't say if the error was around before the

Did you had any issue prior to this new update? Like i said above, it was my first time trying multiplayer and i can't say if the error was around before the new update
Unfortunately it was my first time with the wheel on the ps5 version of acc.
But I have a friend with the same wheel, he have been playing multiplayer acc for a while on ps5, I am waiting for him to try if he still can play. Hopefully it crashes for him so it's just because of a recent patch.

I will let you know!

Unfortunately it was my first time with the wheel on the ps5 version of acc.
But I have a friend with the same wheel, he have been playing multiplayer acc for a while on ps5, I am waiting for him to try if he still can play. Hopefully it crashes for him so it's just because of a recent patch.

I will let you know!
Tell him to try to create a Private Lobby with you or someone else and see if it crashes on him. I can't tell if this happens on those public lobbies you see in multiplayer because i don't have yet a high enough Safety Rate to participate on those, just private ones with friends. In PS4 version of ACC i never had any issues on those public lobbies but in PS5 version everything resets and i still didn't unlock safety rates, etc

Last edited:
Same problem for him now, I think that's good news! And another friend with a fanatec have ffb problem since last patch, so hopefully just wait for a new patch! Have a nice day!

Hello, do you still having this issue? Because my friends playing with thrustmaster t300 have the same problem.
Hi. Still have the issue unfortunately but I'm almost certain now that the crash only happens if i (or a friend) try to create a private lobby. I've been trying for a couple of days now those public lobbies and none of them is crashing me out. I stay and play in them for some time and didn't had any kind of issue.
Ask your friends to try out those public ones (either with a SA requirement or not) and reply me back pls 👍

I still can't create my own lobby, as soon as I select drive it crashes. but I could join public a lobby yesterday and drive, but only tried once...
Hello 👍, Check my reply above regarding what you wrote 🙂

Last edited:
Hi. Still have the issue unfortunately but I'm almost certain now that the crash only happens if i (or a friend) try to create a private lobby. I've been trying for a couple of days now those public lobbies and none of them is crashing me out. I stay and play in them for some time and didn't had any kind of issue.
Ask your friends to try out those public ones (either with a SA requirement or not) and reply me back pls 👍

Hello 👍, Check my reply above regarding what you wrote 🙂
Hi,thanks for the answer.
When i trying those public rooms neither i or my friend having problems.
It’s only when i or my friend making a private room, the time when he pressed race his kicking out of the lobby.
I will try tomorrow making a private room and asking another friend to join who also has fanatec gear and i will reply what happens than.

Hi everybody,
I found this happens when you start the game with a controller and then switch to wheel. I haven't had any issues when I start with the wheel to begin with or make sure to change controller type before you jump into a game at least for ps5

Unfortunately in my specific case that doesn't seem to be the issue that is causing my crash.
I've tried all the combos that I could think of to overcome the problem (regarding the switches between wireless controller and wheel) but nothing helped.
I believe it's something that will only be resolved in a future patch (i hope 🤞)
Thanks anyway for your reply
Hi everybody,
I found this happens when you start the game with a controller and then switch to wheel. I haven't had any issues when I start with the wheel to begin with or make sure to change controller type before you jump into a game at least for ps5

Unfortunately in my specific case that doesn't seem to be the issue that is causing my crash.
I've tried all the combos that I could think of to overcome the problem (regarding the switches between wireless controller and wheel) but nothing helped.
I believe it's something that will only be resolved in a future patch (i hope 🤞)
I am still facing this issue on my PS5 with the T300

I am still facing this issue on my PS5 with the T300

Same! Fortunately the public servers or even thoose that someone creates that's password protected works perfectly fine 👍
I am vdtry new to this, I'll give it a try... Stated playing it last week and already facing this issue.. man it's such a drag!! I miss the good 'ol days

Last edited:
That's why I didn't buy it recently for the SX, even though it was on sale for £8. To many stupid little issues on both platforms for a game that's been out what... 4 year's.

Do a port & do it properly or don't do it at all.

PS5 patch coming today according to discord.

1. Rwaggy - ACC Community Manager — Idag 13:28​

PS5 Community! New Patch is coming TONIGHT at 5pm GMT. Patch notes coming soon!

Achievements - The knowledge achievement did not unlock at TR99 when DLCs previously
used are currently uninstalled.
Audio - A high-pitched sound is heard everytime the title is unpaused during a session. Camera - While in the hood or dash view, holding the backview input button and pressing
one of the sideview input buttons causes the camera becomes temporarily misplaced
The title crashing when starting as driver in a private lobby.
Game crashing during races
Graphics - Al cars in close proximity in the pits are rendered invisible.
GT4 - Custom GT4 cars cannot be selected and used in Open Series.
Indianapolis/Watkins Glen - Ferrari Velas Esports Series assets remain present.
It is possible to see through floor in rear back mirror
Multiplayer - Incorrect DLC association of BGT tracks on CP server.
Multiplayer - Mandatory pitstop not recognized in CP races. Multiplayer - Often, the car list in private lobbies fails to populate with the relevant user
data, preventing a start of the session.
Physics - Mercedes GT3 car models jitter in even-numbered grid slots P26-P30 at Brands
Hatch in the rain with a full formation lap and multiple opponent classes.
Saves - Positions for the player and Al cars are not loaded accurately. Settings - Adding multiple opponent classes in certain conditions prevents mixing of GT4
brands and creates single make GT4 fields on the grid. Text - In Japanese, in the opening Career mode video, the previous subtitle flashes up
very briefly before a new subtitle string is displayed.
The Player is redirected to the BMW M2 CS when selecting a custom car in Single Player.
The Player's car will overlay the background image after 20 to 30 seconds in the Race
Weekend Settings.
UI - Incorrect DLC name in error message regarding missing 2020 Season DLC.
UI - Missing event posters of official GT4 championship. UI - The title toggles the Mute Voice Chat setting when selecting Start As Driver in a Private
Multiplayer Lobby, preventing the user from proceeding into active gameplay. UI - Trying to back away from the car selection menu after having entered the team
customization screen shows a black screen.

Last edited:
Well, for me it actually got patched. I can now create a private lobby without any issue 👍. Still have to try to join one that a friend created to see if i still crash but so far so good

Back