ACC uninstall - gone back to AC

• Thread starter Shaun H
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
princessgloria17
Hi everyone.

I don't know if it is the frame rate, the feedback on the G29 or something else but I cannot gel with this game.

Anyone else feel the same?

AC on PS4 feels and plays so much better and has a nice flow to the driving experience.

I know practice makes perfect and maybe I should stick with it. Iam hoping for an update in the future that may improve at least the feedback. Struggling to get a constant spot line lap after lap.

There is an issue with the G29 feedback and I believe the developers have acknowledged as much. Too much clipping at anything over 70 Gain which means with an already relatively weak wheel, having to set the Gain quite low means we’re losing out on some FFB effects. It’s difficult to drive right at the very limit because of this. Hard to feel when the cars on edge and about to let go on you.

However, I do still love the game. Trouble is, if you’re going back and playing AC the same time as ACC, of course you’re going to prefer it in its current state. While AC is still buggy on PS4, it’s still in a better state than ACC. I know for a fact if I went back to AC I would prefer the FFB feel but I have purposely deleted it from my PS4 as ACC is the game I’ve always wanted - full simulation of a the GT3 series. My favourite racing series. I’m happy with it and am just eagerly awaiting for the bugs to be fixed. It’s the whole muscle memory thing isn’t it. Keep changing between the two games and yes, you’ll prefer AC. Stick to ACC for the time being and there’s lots of fun to be had even with the bugs.

So I understand where you’re coming from, but give it time and hopefully, ACC will be in a much better state than it currently is in the not too distant future.

There is an issue with the G29 feedback and I believe the developers have acknowledged as much. Too much clipping at anything over 70 Gain which means with an already relatively weak wheel, having to set the Gain quite low means we’re losing out on some FFB effects. It’s difficult to drive right at the very limit because of this. Hard to feel when the cars on edge and about to let go on you.

However, I do still love the game. Trouble is, if you’re going back and playing AC the same time as ACC, of course you’re going to prefer it in its current state. While AC is still buggy on PS4, it’s still in a better state than ACC. I know for a fact if I went back to AC I would prefer the FFB feel but I have purposely deleted it from my PS4 as ACC is the game I’ve always wanted - full simulation of a the GT3 series. My favourite racing series. I’m happy with it and am just eagerly awaiting for the bugs to be fixed. It’s the whole muscle memory thing isn’t it. Keep changing between the two games and yes, you’ll prefer AC. Stick to ACC for the time being and there’s lots of fun to be had even with the bugs.

So I understand where you’re coming from, but give it time and hopefully, ACC will be in a much better state than it currently is in the not too distant future.
I have avoided going back to AC for the same reason. I'm use to ACCs issues now so dont want anything highlighting them.

Ya I wish I could get the feel of AC on ACC but I found decent wheel settings that work for me and make it enjoyable. Then again I play any racing game I can get my hands and am able to adapt and go back and forth through all my racing games pretty well. You can obviously notice differences between lets say GTS and ACC but i appreciate what each game offers. Hopefully you'll stick with it and eventually find good settings that feels good to you.

I play both. I just don't drive any GT3 or GT4 cars on AC. Using openwheel or classic cars only helps trick my brain that its the car not the game.

What gets me is the FOV. Once I can can set that on ACC and the GT4 cars are released on PS4 I will play it exclusively for awhile.

Edit. I learned recently that my Ubifi 4G LTE rural internet is faster than the speed test is telling me. I was able to install and update both AC and GTS in the same night.

Personally, I found AC on the PS4 unplayable with a G29 for most cars... the FF deadzone is massive... though it's was fine with a T300.

ACC is much better in this regard, plus has better physics and tyre model. It's a level above AC.

Personally, I found AC on the PS4 unplayable with a G29 for most cars... the FF deadzone is massive... though it's was fine with a T300.

ACC is much better in this regard, plus has better physics and tyre model. It's a level above AC.

Yeah, agreed. I didn't like PS4 AC at all with the G29. I liked PC2 way better.

ACC, though, is so much fun - even with the ffb a little off.

I must admit the update has seriously improved the G29 wheel...……… but why I am still struggling to like this game?
The brakes feel wooden and I hate to say it but the frame rate for the standard PS4 nearly makes this unplayable for me.
Cant seem to judge the corners correctly.... or I could be just a **** driver I don't know...… I prefer project cars 2 by a long way.

Back