Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies

• Thread starter Concept
  • 17 comments

Concept

(Banned)
I am now the proud owner of Ace Comabt 04: Shattered Skies! :eek: I was going to buy Grand Theft Auto 3 tonight but Wal*Mart was freaking out of them! :mad: So I ogt the next best thing, ACE COMBAT 04! Man this game is fun. You fly around in various airplanes and shoot enemy aircraft and just totally open up a can! :cool: Anyway, sorry for making a thread about me getting a new game. I just thought I would let everybody know how good it is. If your looking for a flight simulator game look no further than AC4! On a rating of 1-5 thumbs I give it a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ViperConcept
I am now the proud owner of Ace Comabt 04: Shattered Skies! :eek: I was going to buy Grand Theft Auto 3 tonight but Wal*Mart was freaking out of them! :mad: So I ogt the next best thing, ACE COMBAT 04! Man this game is fun. You fly around in various airplanes and shoot enemy aircraft and just totally open up a can! :cool: Anyway, sorry for making a thread about me getting a new game. I just thought I would let everybody know how good it is. If your looking for a flight simulator game look no further than AC4! On a rating of 1-5 thumbs I give it a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That game rocks man!!!! I have already beaten all the stages and levels. I have all the planes and only thing left to do is get first place in all the Trial missions. I think you will open that game up once you beat a certin difficulty.

I have 22 hours and 11 min of flight time and i have 1710 air target kills and 3155 ground target kills.

The plane i use the most is the F -14A and have 36 mission flights on that plane. :eek:

Oh yeah.. I think there is one more plane i can get. But i have not opend it up yet. :( I think i need to get 1st in all the Trial missions first. :confused:

This game is the most photo-realistic game I have ever played. And to unlock all the planes beat the game on normal getting an S ranking on all missions.

I downloaded some movies from acecombat04.com and

MAN DOES THAT LOOK ..... AWESOME!!!

I have three questions:
-Does it have multilplayer and if so, 2 player or iLink or both?
-Is it not to easy/short?
-What's the European release date? (DAMN you americans always get everything first :mad: :D )

Originally posted by Sole

I have three questions:
-What's the European release date?

Yes it has 2 player multi-player but no link cable option.

On the 'very easy' setting it will take you two days at the most to finish it. The 'expert' and 'ace' settings are extremely difficult

I'm suprised it isn't available in Europe yet. One thing you Europeans got that we didn't was Headhunter for Dreamcast. And the PS2 version of Headhunter may be European only also.

Another cool thing to try in Ace Combat 4 is to fly very close to the ground and watch all the dust getting kicked up from your engines. I've also tried seeing how high I can fly and have got up to 49,000 feet.

One of the biggest improvements besides the graphics is the ability to hit target from great distances. On most console flight sims you can only get a lock at a range of less the 1000 feet which is unrealistic. In AC4 you can bomb ground targets, without having to lock on,from an altitude of 3 miles.

Ok thanx :)

I allready found the European release date February the 8th 2002 :(
at least thats earlier than Metal Gear Solid 2 (February the 22nd) :)

Same situation.... Went on a mission for GTA3 or Time Crisis with the GunCon2 and the entire town was out! So I got the next best thing, AC4! It's been a really nice brake from the other games I've been working on...

Anyways... Fun game, the terrain is awesome to look at, that is if you stay at or above say 4,000 ft. most of the time, I'm flying around 20-50 ft. (I know, *pull up* your too low) and the graphics at those low altitudes are pretty fuzzy, and pixally....but seriously who, besides me, are going to fly that low anyways? ;)

Love the game, waiting for GTA3....

I have three questions:
-What's the European release date? (DAMN you americans always get everything first :mad: :D )

:lol:

Sorry man, I guess that the nature of things.... If it makes you feel better, I (and lot's like me) are always saying the same thing about the Japanese getting everything first. :lol:
(Dang them! :mad: ) ;)

I have three questions:

I FINALLY BEAT THIS GAME EVERYBODY! :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:

To answer your questions Sole yes it is multiplayer.......no it is at all not to easy the missions are long and there are 18 of them also...the AI is good. Enemy planes actually shoot you down and your guys actually shoot them down. Sorry I do not know about the release date.

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies is cool. I like the 'anime-esque" cutscenes before each mission. Having only played AC01 and 03, it took me a few minutes to learn how the game plays, but now that I know how it plays, it's awesome!

I got AC4 for Christmas, and I agree with everything that has been said. It's great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Jordan
I got AC4 for Christmas, and I agree with everything that has been said. It's great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I think it is too. :sonar: :) And if you don't believe me, I got it yesterday! :embarrassed:

Whoaaa.. FINALLY the game is released in Europe.. I got the game last Friday and it is SOOO great
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whoaaa.. FINALLY the game is released in Europe.. I got the game last Friday and it is SOOO great
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Have fun man. It is a great game. :P

Back