ACE COMBAT 8: WINGS OF THEVE

  • Thread starter Thread starter driftnut753
  • 33 comments
  • 5,611 views
Same, except at the other end of the spectrum - gotta see how it does on Steam Deck before I buy.
IMG_6024.webp
 
Ran well for me last night on pc. 9800x3d, 5080, 32gb ddr5 6000. All settings at high with balanced DLSS had me between 90 and 120, which is what i limited frame rate to. Could possibly run a little higher fps without a frame late limit or lower settings. I did M1-M5 and 1 or 2 matches online.

We are so back from a gameplay prospective. Planes feel heavy but good so far.
 
The co-op against the CPU is pretty fun. =)
The memories of Ace Combat Infinity on PS3 are coming back.
ACE COMBAT 8_20260929225843.webp


I want to complete Ace Combat Zero again first, before getting into the AC8 story.
 
Last edited:
About five or six missions into the campaign and thoroughly enjoying it.
Playing it on a PS5 pro and it looks gorgeous, the replays are stunning to look at.

The planes feel a bit weigthier than in previous AC games, from what I remember.
But maybe that's just the F/A-18 or that I haven't unlocked enough upgrades yet, for the moment haven't flown any other aircraft either.

Sound design has also got an upgrade it seems, aircraft sounds are louder and explosions sound much beefier from what I recall from previous installments.
 
Last edited:
Back