"Acura NSX '91" text strings can be seen in a glitched Sports mode loading screen

• Thread starter Bass
  • 98 comments
I do ask myself exactly how this ended up in the news section.

For all we know, it's a glitched text string - like when the track at that one event was displayed as Seattle Short, but that turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. The difference is that we now have the game and unless they've got some R*-style dripfeeding scheme in mind, I seriously doubt this is any more than a leftover from GT6, in which case it'll have been there from the beginning and just not surfaced until now.

But hey, what do I know? The February Update Discussion thread is just short of reaching the tenth page after all.

'GoodGrief PD'... thats what my new tag to. So far all i read here, as far as new GTS cars go, are rehashed 6cars. Wheres the fat tyred and fendered Demon? Of course theyd serve up some 3yo hypes from their Vision menu. These people have lost their way a long time ago. I really hope yall are enjoying your GT6 1.5 minus 500.

Glad i havent bothered...

I do ask myself exactly how this ended up in the news section.

For all we know, it's a glitched text string - like when the track at that one event was displayed as Seattle Short, but that turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. The difference is that we now have the game and unless they've got some R*-style dripfeeding scheme in mind, I seriously doubt this is any more than a leftover from GT6, in which case it'll have been there from the beginning and just not surfaced until now.

But hey, what do I know? The February Update Discussion thread is just short of reaching the tenth page after all.

It very well could be a glitched text string, like the Seattle Short one you mentioned. But we don't know, and that's what makes it interesting. Stuff like this — be it an actual leak like some of the recent FM7/PCARS2 findings, or an uncertain one — also tends to draw big numbers from our readership, suggesting we're not alone in wanting to find out more about it.

Plus, as it's roughly the same time of the month that the previous two updates that featured cars landed, it's timely. While PD hasn't confirmed a February content update yet, there is still the 50/March target, and we're keeping that in mind.

It very well could be a glitched text string, like the Seattle Short one you mentioned. But we don't know

And that is exactly my point. I'm not saying (typically) recently-added strings can't foreshadow future content - I'm merely asking people to keep in mind that the opposite can happen as well, especially given the history GT Sport has with glitched text strings.

As of right now, as you say, we don't know if this string has been in the game from the start (suggesting it is indeed nothing more than a leftover) or was recently added (perhaps hinting at its future inclusion), which I feel is a point worth noting.

As for it being around the same time as the last two content updates; while that is true, it's worth bearing in mind that the December update was "revealed" quite a long while before launching and the January update had a near-as-makes-no-difference week of is-it-a-McLaren-F1 before that launched - and both updates released on a Friday. I'm not saying they can't break that routine, but by my count we've got one more Friday to go in February, and it's in two days time, give or take as time zones apply.

Hi, this picture is a photomontage. Upscale brightness and make it britherbin in itself you can clearly see that every text in this picture is a copy and paste. Around several text always the same block around it.

Hi, this picture is a photomontage. Upscale brightness and make it britherbin in itself you can clearly see that every text in this picture is a copy and paste. Around several text always the same block around it.
Could you please show us the result of this?

It's not the same.

Skärmbild (417).png

See the boxes I drawn around. Not all are the same but clearly enough to tell its a photomontage.

Attachments

• gran-turismo-sport-acura-nsx-91-860x484.png
    gran-turismo-sport-acura-nsx-91-860x484.png
    86.9 KB · Views: 137
I would like to see more content in GTSport in cars. If this car will be released in the future, welcome! But this picture didn't convinced me and hyped. I had at the first attempt a much more clearer picture which shows the boxes, unfortunately I did not saved this one. Usually in pictures when you see this noise and they look pretty all the same, is an good indicator for telling this picture were manipulated.

And in the pictures from eran004 you can still see arround ACURA this box.

I want to see the '92 NSX Type-R premiumized, as well as the 2002 Type-R. Acura versions are just too heavy.

Of course, a full complement of Gr.4 and Gr.3 versions would be nice as well. Low chance though.
You can reduce the weight in the game ..

I would like to see more content in GTSport in cars. If this car will be released in the future, welcome! But this picture didn't convinced me and hyped. I had at the first attempt a much more clearer picture which shows the boxes, unfortunately I did not saved this one. Usually in pictures when you see this noise and they look pretty all the same, is an good indicator for telling this picture were manipulated.

And in the pictures from eran004 you can still see arround ACURA this box.

It's just the jpg compression. If they were copy-pasted, the pixels of the text would be identical.

It very well could be a glitched text string, like the Seattle Short one you mentioned. But we don't know, and that's what makes it interesting. Stuff like this — be it an actual leak like some of the recent FM7/PCARS2 findings, or an uncertain one — also tends to draw big numbers from our readership, suggesting we're not alone in wanting to find out more about it.

Plus, as it's roughly the same time of the month that the previous two updates that featured cars landed, it's timely. While PD hasn't confirmed a February content update yet, there is still the 50/March target, and we're keeping that in mind.

The PS blog stated there would be MONTHLY updates starting in December until March .With New tracks dropping in January . PD doesn't need to confirm what the blog already stated ( and was 100% right about ) . We still have a week left .

Considering their recent drop policy (announce/tease the cars, but make the tracks a suprise, i.e. Kyoto layouts, Monza), I am much more enthusiastic about whatever track they'll add instead of yet another car collecting dust in players' garages.

Whichever NSX model is directly comparable to the current JDM selection is a better option than just putting in the '02 Type R and then ruining its potential with silly BOP adjustments to retain balance between cars.

Whichever NSX model is directly comparable to the current JDM selection is a better option than just putting in the '02 Type R and then ruining its potential with silly BOP adjustments to retain balance between cars.

N-classes are unused as of now anyway :boggled:

The PS blog stated there would be MONTHLY updates starting in December until March.

Where?

Here? Nope.
Here? Nope.
Here? Nope.

We still have a week left .

Even if it were true, and there had to be an update each month, that's technically been fulfilled already with 1.12.

I'm not saying there categorically won't be a February update with additional content — I'm just saying it's never been a lock.

Acura is such a dumb name, why can’t they just call it what it really is... Honda.

I’d never heard of an Acura before I played Gran Turismo.
Is America the only place where Acura exists?

If you zoom in on Photoshop, you can see that the compression blocks surround the words is slightly different each time, as @eran0004 points out. But the left hand column is identical to the right, which makes me think 'shop.

Back