Adjustable cockpit position/fov!

• Thread starter SEnergy
  • 12 comments
I think there's a technical limitation of number of polygon for the PS3, otherwise, I don't understand why all racing sim keep showing the driving wheel in the middle of the screen.

What we could have is camera placed in front of the gearbox (somehow... In the middle.) then the player can sit wherever in his couch to feel like in the same car.

This forbids me to use the interiour view, I only use hood view (and sit on my couch the rigth way), it's a shame compared to how it's hard for them to modelize the car's interiours.

I'd much rather have the ability to move the driver position than change the FOV. I hate how the cockpit view settings are FOV based. It would be better to be able to move the seat up to get better visibility than making the FOV super narrow like the options are.

I'm just going to point out that you can zoom the interior view between three different settings that make you appear closer to the dash. Would that be counted as changing driver position?

More zoom out for the pilot view, i´ve tested this cam far back in the cockpit in IRacing and it´s very efficient . One more thing i ask since GT5, put the eye of the pilot as a cam , not a simple helmet cam. Vibrations ,little bumps ......... all this have to move around the pilot eyes, not together.
This way perhaps pilote view would be as performant as any other fast view. Players would be able to enjoy the game much more , at least with premium cars.

There´s only ONE reason why I do not drive in cockpit-view, thats because ONE can not change FOV.

(Ok second reason; Is that I do NOT have 3 monitor´s or Tv's and three PS3´s)

So, Dear Polyphony Digital, I and others are begging and praying you Guys thinking about implementing it.

Last edited:
This is frustrating going from CTR2 to BTR or Yellowbird. The CTR2 has a more "appropriate" FOV that was in GT5 and previously that gives you a better feel than feel like your face is planted to the front windshield.

I noticed this in a range of other cars as well, the view seems "Narrow" in comparison, much more narrow than what it should be creating more camera shake as well.

In most PC games I usually back my view up quite a bit so i can view the left mirror quite a bit and get a better reference of the car itself than feel like I'm resting my chin on the steering wheel.

Most of the "Premiums" have a decent wide angle view compared to the "standard" edition cars, as if there wasn't a standard across all cars.

Back