Adjusting FOV/Camera using the Multi-screen options

Check your PM, and here is the McLaren F1 with adjusted FOV on wide :

Oh my god. That looks incredible!

As for the PM, I'm tempted to try it out, but I'm not sure if my parents are OK with me downloading stuff on their computer. :/

Currently using my phone.

I always thought the FOV was way too narrow in GT5 and Ridox2JZGTE taught me yesterday how to change it.
I started to test it since yesterday and it's awesome. I found out a FOV set to 62-63 is perfect. You get a way better sense of speed. But no fish eye cam and the views get way more enjoyable. As example the roofcams from many cars look way better. Such as the Nissan GT-R you see the roof itself and the bonnet. Same goes for the in the air floating cam from the Honda Civic Type R or VW Scirocco. It looks different. Way better. I'm gonna post pictures of it aswell.

Here we go! FOV is set up to a degree of 62.
As you can see in the cockpitview you can see the mirrows properly. And the roofcams give you a better view and feel to the car. Not like you are floating somewhere around.
The sense of speed is also increased in a good manner, it feels faster but not too fast and there isn't any fish-eye cam. I wish PD would set this FOV as standart for the GT6 gameplay. It adds way more immersion to the gameplay.

Here are some examples :

15536539uz.jpg

15536540ea.jpg

15536541yo.jpg

15536542zm.jpg

15536543xi.jpg

15536544xa.jpg

15536545tj.jpg

15536546ui.jpg

15536547zn.jpg

15536548sy.jpg

15536592lt.jpg

15536593eb.jpg

15536594xq.jpg

15536595qp.jpg

15536597jt.jpg

15536598vt.jpg

Yes it's really a shame! The FOV this way makes the gameplay at least for me much more enjoyable = better sense of speed and overall view. PD should change it to 62° or at least give us the option to set it ourself.

I agree. It's just a shame it isn't standard :boggled:.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it just seems a bit stupid that there isn't the ability to explicitly set fov. Also I think they should give us the ability to move the seat position (fore and aft, up and down). Not just this game but pretty much every racing title should have the ability to AT LEAST change the fov. It is a bit of a pet hate for me as it makes a BIG difference to how immersive (and consequently how enjoyable) a game is.

Yep you gotta unlock the menu to adjust your FOV...

Audi RS6

15556558qh.jpg

15556559dg.jpg

Gallardo, look at that way better roofcam you can even see the dash !

15556677er.jpg

15556680id.jpg

15556960xq.jpg

15556961jt.jpg

Woow on the BMW M3 you can now even see the carbonfiber roof !!!

15557032tc.jpg

15557033fe.jpg

Last edited:
After playing around with the FOV I think a degree of 60° is the best for the gameplay. :)

15613373nk.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, this si all good stuff here!
Tried Google the program to allow changing FOV, but everything is just about GT5 Prologue.
Please PM me, where can i get something.

This is so much better than normal.
And as for many many things in GT5, its strange that they hid ability to change FOV.
(in GT1 and GT2 there were 3 stages of FOV each wider and wider, now in GT5 is just Narrow, Narrower, narrowest :(

Don't see why you'd want to be further away from the windscreen. :odd:

Your TV should just show the focused bit you see when you look out of a IRL car windscreen, so that's the road directly ahead of you, and the top of the steering wheel and dash (only if it's actual FOV adjustment, not the weird zoom setting that GT5 has in it's options).

After some trial and error, I finally managed to get around the restrictions and unlock the secret menu. I used the settings posted by the OP and it worked like a charm for me.

I personally think that this is among one of the best things that has happened to GT5. No HUD and screen angle set to 92% is one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had with GT5. They've been very scarce, but this one definitely tops it.

Excuse the lame quality.

pZ2zIok.png

TVR Tamora

hLiIAVW.png

Honda S2000

pwbNvdM.png

Caterham

xy80BfJ.png

HKS CT230R

tfQ0g4u.png

Autobacs Arta Garaiya (I absolutely love this one)​

Edit: I'm throwing in some karting shots as well. I strongly suggest everyone to give them a try once the FOV has been adjusted. The difference is day and night, compared to the standard setting. It's so much fun - as it should be.

These shots were taken during replays, hence the blurriness - in case someone's wondering (same goes for the pictures above).

Yf3mBAb.png

qxcyaoB.png

r9EbNUq.png

Last edited:
I feel the need to ask, what size monitors/TVs are you guys using and how far away from them are you sitting? Pretty much all the people that have posted pics have used (what I consider to be) a ridiculously large FOV.

65 inches and sitting like 5 ft away from it, DS3 user unfortunately but I don't think I use a "large" FOV, I use 57-65, I change it from time to time.

Write to PM me how to do it please?
I do not know why, but I have the opposite screen is not moving away, but approaching.

I feel the need to ask, what size monitors/TVs are you guys using and how far away from them are you sitting? Pretty much all the people that have posted pics have used (what I consider to be) a ridiculously large FOV.
42'' and I sit approximately 1 - 1,5 meters away from the TV. It does look a tad ridiculous, but it feels natural to me. I used to run LFS on my old 17'' monitor (4:3) with a very similiar setting.

Latest Posts

Back