Adjusting FOV/Camera using the Multi-screen options

Brazil
São Paulo / Bra
diegorborges82
The whole idea started in a GT6 thread where we were discussing how wrong the hood cam (roof?!) is wrong in GT5 and how PD should correct it on GT6.

Then we started talking about how messing around with the multi-screen options with only 1 screen can help to achieve better results and adjustment.

I'm posting here some pictures I've found at NeoGaf... Credits to WaxFreeVanilla.

Please feel free to contribute with more info and pictures! :)

untitled-1ris8s.jpg

granturismo5_2236lq1f.png

granturismo5_222eoj0f.png

Nice ! Here we go, I will play around later with it and will see what I can archieve! :)
Maybe we can post pictures here on the different FOV angles we've chosen, to find a proper one which isnt too much and still enjoyable to play! :)

Also would like to see comparisions on how it will effect a view on certain cars.

I guess in some cars you will be even able to see a proper shift animation ! :)

Nice ! Here we go, I will play around later with it and will see what I can archieve! :)
Maybe we can post pictures here on the different FOV angles we've chosen, to find a proper one which isnt too much and still enjoyable to play! :)

Also would like to see comparisions on how it will effect a view on certain cars.

I guess in some cars you will be even able to see a proper shift animation ! :)

Great! I need to try this myself later too!

Let's post pics side by side.

One pic showing the default view, one pic showing a narrower view and the last one showing the game with Quake Pro fov.(Further away)

This feature really is a big deal for everyone, wether you prefer a wider FOV for serious racing or you prefer looking at the stunning premium cockpit views and you always wanted to see more of it on your screen. It really makes you wonder why didn't PD make it an obvious feature. Adding it to the quick options menu would be greatly apreciated since you would be able to change it anytime without having to quit to the main menu.

I hope GT6 gets something like this, imagine being able to save FOV settings for each car.

I'm on GT5 right now, and I can't find those options in the multiscreen set up. Maybe they did remove it? The server mode doesn't have all those options such as in the picture above. Only the clients have. Hmmmm
Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Yup, but first you need to have your in-game cockpit set to narrow.

I can't find those options, there isn't anything like that in the Server mode to chose from. I guess they changed it with a new update :ill:

Oh now I archieved something. Lets see.

Hmm nope doesn't really work... Too bad. Guess they really changed it.

Hope somebody else maybe figure something out.

That's a big improvement, I always hated the GT5 interior view, but it never bothered me much to use the bumper cam instead. All I need now is to get rid of the steering wheel, or maybe just the drivers hands and it would be almost perfect.

Great find. Thanks for sharing. I am sure I can make the Lexus GT300 car and Renault Clio hood view better.
eight6er
That's a big improvement, I always hated the GT5 interior view, but it never bothered me much to use the bumper cam instead. All I need now is to get rid of the steering wheel, or maybe just the drivers hands and it would be almost perfect.

Agreed. The hands on the wheel are the biggest problem with in car camera. They need to remove them completely. It will also enable the full 900 degree rotation animation if they remove the hands

Great find. Thanks for sharing. I am sure I can make the Lexus GT300 car and Renault Clio hood view better.

Agreed. The hands on the wheel are the biggest problem with in car camera. They need to remove them completely. It will also enable the full 900 degree rotation animation if they remove the hands

That won't happen, GT is a console racer after all and a very popular one. It could only be possible as an option.

This is an incredible find, guys! I REALLY want to try this out now. The default FOV is awful. Has this really been patched? Or can you still do this?

This is an incredible find, guys! I REALLY want to try this out now. The default FOV is awful. Has this really been patched? Or can you still do this?

It must have been changed in a patch. The options available for it now are extremely basic.

Well, I did it and the game is officialy 110% more awesome, except for the chase camera ... the car looks like a toy.

If you mean how I got into the settings... well, you go into multi-screen (last option in hardware) then in the first setting which probably says "no" I chose Server and finally just copied the settings from the OP.

The only downside apart from the chase cam is that there's a HUGE amount of fisheye effect. 👎

That's not what we're trying to do here. We were going for what's in the OP and not the squashed-against-the-steering-wheel view that most cockpit views in GT5 have.

2.12 doesn't allow anything but zooming in closer. Guess that means the options were changed in 2.12.

I don't know what you guys are on about - I'm on 2.12 (or whatever the latest update is) and I got the desired effect when I put in the settings from the OP.

I don't know what you guys are on about - I'm on 2.12 (or whatever the latest update is) and I got the desired effect when I put in the settings from the OP.

Oh, I see what I've done wrong. I've kept it at 1x1 this whole time. :dunce:

Oh, I see what I've done wrong. I've kept it at 1x1 this whole time. :dunce:
But still, I've tried with 1x1 to 5x1 on client and server and nothing happens, I can only get closer than before which actually looks cool on the M3 e92 and the F40 but I can't get the effect from the OP.

But still, I've tried with 1x1 to 5x1 on client and server and nothing happens, I can only get closer than before which actually looks cool on the M3 e92 and the F40 but I can't get the effect from the OP.

Yeah, I see that makes no difference. That's rather disappointing, because I can't drive from cockpit view in GT5 due to how restrictive that view is.

Back