• 62 comments

Hydro

GTP Race Admin
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
GTP_Hydro
Hello everyone :)
In order to give as much advance notice as possible we are letting drivers in on the cars we will be using for the September 3D3 / WRS Online Special Event.
Drivers wil have a choice of 3 cars, all are premium models, and all of them cost 20 Million credits each:

Ferrari 330 P4 '67 Race Car | Jaguar XJ13 '66 Race Car | Ford Mark IV '67 Race Car

ferrari_330p4-_67-_jaguar_x.jpg

Normally we like to surprise eveyone with all the details at once, and following the current event, but at these prices we feel advanced warning is required.

In addition to purchasing the cars in their respective dealerships, the cars can be obtained in the following manner:
Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car - 1967 Ticket (1 in 10 chance) | Level 21 Ticket (1 in 37 chance)
Ford Mark IV Race Car - 1967 Ticket (1 in 10 chance) | Level 20 Ticket (1 in 13 chance)
Jaguar XJ13 Race car - 1966 Ticket (1 in 5 chance) | Level 19 Ticket (1 in 15 chance)

The Jaguar is also a prize car that is awarded for winning the A-Spec Endurance Indy 500 event which takes a little over 2.5 hours to complete.

I have placed all 3 cars in my shared garage so drivers can test drive the cars before they elect to purchase one. If you are not currently on my friends list, just add GTP_Hydro 👍

Last edited:
I'm planning to run the b-spec grinder a lot (24/7 when I'm not driving) in the next 2-3 weeks and want to focus on drivers that are specifically saving for this special event. If you are short in credits and plan to participate in the sept special event then post in this thread and request to get on the rotation and send me a FR: GTP_WRP001. 👍

Note: more specifics about the event will be release after the motegi enduro.

Outstanding - sounds like it was definately worth moving half way around the world for!!

Over the coming weeks I'll be getting my rig back up and running. Playseat has been ordered and I bought a new 32" 1080P screen so I have no excuses now! May well seek help here and there with setting up for good online performance, as well as some friendly head to head running to get use to the online physics.

I have all three cars but will likely use the Ford...or the Jag...or maybe the Ferrari :D

If you are short in credits and plan to participate in the sept special event then post in this thread and request to get on the rotation and send me a FR: GTP_WRP001.

Grind'em please! 👍

WRP001
I'm planning to run the b-spec grinder a lot (24/7 when I'm not driving) in the next 2-3 weeks and want to focus on drivers that are specifically saving for this special event. If you are short in credits and plan to participate in the sept special event then post in this thread and request to get on the rotation and send me a FR: GTP_WRP001. 👍

Note: more specifics about the event will be release after the motegi enduro.

FR sent, I'm gonna leave the drivers on rotation all day today

Grind'em please! 👍

You are on the "always use" rotation for now, but you only have 2 drivers online at the moment. I'll run these for a bit and that will level them up and you can them redeem and create 4 more more drivers.

FR sent, I'm gonna leave the drivers on rotation all day today

I added you and see you, but where it usually shows number of drivers there is a "?". Have you created b-spect drivers in your GTP_Mamba account? If so are they online. Maybe you just need to sign out/in of PSN.

Anyway, I'll grind until the races start today.

I'll probably lean towards using the Jaaaaaaaaaaag. :sly: Will most likely get the other two through seasonal money collecting and such activities. Haven't done the Indy 500 yet so I'll get the Jaaaaaaaag the easy way.

Anyone have a 66 and/or 67 ticket? If you were to send it to GTP_3D3Racing we could pass it around as needed (hint). You can cycle the ticket until you get the car:
  1. Backup GT% game save to USB
  2. Redeem Year Ticket(s)
  3. If you don't get the car you want, restore game save and repeat.
A 1 in 5 chance means you'll have it within an hour. A 1 in 10 chance will take a bit more time. However, if you duplicate the ticket a few times before you start this process and have 3+ tickets through each cycle the odds increase dramatically. :sly:

If we can get our hands on the 66 and 67 tickets we'll take requests for distributing them through the 3D3 account friends list.

Damn it'll be hard to choose, I'll test drive them through Marc's account. Thanks 👍.

Only problem is you can't test them online, but it's better than nothing.

You are on the "always use" rotation for now, but you only have 2 drivers online at the moment. I'll run these for a bit and that will level them up and you can them redeem and create 4 more more drivers.

:cheers:

My bad about only 2 drivers, I had bob run a race while I was out TV shopping :D All 6 are up now.

Anyone have a 66 and/or 67 ticket? If you were to send it to GTP_3D3Racing we could pass it around as needed (hint). You can cycle the ticket until you get the car:
  1. Backup GT% game save to USB
  2. Redeem Year Ticket(s)
  3. If you don't get the car you want, restore game save and repeat.
A 1 in 5 chance means you'll have it within an hour. A 1 in 10 chance will take a bit more time. However, if you duplicate the ticket a few times before you start this process and have 3+ tickets through each cycle the odds increase dramatically. :sly:

If we can get our hands on the 66 and 67 tickets we'll take requests for distributing them through the 3D3 account friends list.

Only problem is you can't test them online, but it's better than nothing.

I've got a 67 ticket I'll send one to 3D3 Racing today.

I should also be able to send one most days (when I get to PS3) to anyone else who would like one.

Edit:67 Ticket sent.

Also I read another way of cycling through the ticket which should be quicker and easier, I've just tried it and it works, no need for a usb stick.

If you don't want to use a USB, then you can press Square to open all tickets, the game doesn't save until you close the window of the car you've gotten, so you can exit the game using the PS Button and enter again with the ticket still there.

Last edited:
I have all three of these cars shared from my main, non-GTP account. Add zippy_the_cat if you want to take them for a spin.

Thank you for the 67 ticket Hasslemoff! 👍
Thank you for the 66 ticket Speedy! 👍

I can start distributing tickets today... remember, by accepting these tickets you agree to register and run our event in September using these cars if at all possible. :sly:

I wouldn't mind the ticket either, lol send to GTP_Mamba, cheers guys

Did you get the ticket from someone already? If not I can send the 67 ticket today from the 3D3 account.

@Mamba & Pilmat: I've been running the grinder for quite a few races with all your drivers. At some point you'll want to redeem their credits (assuming you are at 200% bonus) and level them up. They will have a better chance at a good result against other high level Bobs. :sly:

@Mamba & Pilmat: I've been running the grinder for quite a few races with all your drivers. At some point you'll want to redeem their credits (assuming you are at 200% bonus) and level them up. They will have a better chance at a good result against other high level Bobs. :sly:

I keep trying to but you keep racing 'em!!!! LOL

Thanks for all the grinding, the Mark VI is looking more possible now :)

I'll stop grinding for a couple hours tonight when I can drive myself. :lol: Hopefully you're Bobs will have a good chunk of change by then in their pockets and they'll jump many levels when you cash them in.

Let me know if you want me to cease and desist and I'll take you off the list.

Let me know if you want me to cease and desist and I'll take you off the list.

No, no, no :) I need the $ AND the B spec levels. Your work is much appreciated!

I keep trying to but you keep racing 'em!!!! LOL

Thanks for all the grinding, the Mark VI is looking more possible now :)

If you want to grab the money from your drivers my grinder will be offline for then next 6 hours or so. I'll start it back up late tonight.

If you want to grab the money from your drivers my grinder will be offline for then next 6 hours or so. I'll start it back up late tonight.

All bobs are leveled up. Cheers!

P.S. I think I figured out how to brake later:idea:

All bobs are leveled up. Cheers!

P.S. I think I figured out how to brake later:idea:

The grinder will be getting some well needed time off starting this afternoon if you want to cash-in and level up your bobs. Are you making good progress toward the Mark IV?

Once you and Mamba get enough credits I'll revert to the standard rotation so let me know.

Anyone else having savings problem with their GT5 account and need some help for these cars? Post here and let us know.

Thanks to everyone who has been using my bobs. 👍

I'm within 4 million of the limit right now after cashing them all in. Still planning on running the Indy 500 race for the Jag, but this will at least allow me to snag the Ferrari or Ford.

Anyone else having savings problem with their GT5 account and need some help for these cars? Post here and let us know.

Yes please :)

I have about 9M, I keep buying up all the cars I don't have every so often in the UCD/OCD but I guess I'll save for one of these now, might go for the Mark IV, I like the look of it. (all 3 would be nice :P)

Credit situation is good :) Please give my moved up spot to someone who needs it. But I would like a bit of grinding every now and then ;)

Hasslemoff sent me a 67 ticket, thanks Hasslemoff, but I already have all 3 cars.

If anyone would like it I can dupe it and send it on.

Back