advice for all those parents out there.Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cano
  • 21 comments
  • 807 views
That's exactly why my parents bought me an iPod for my birthday 👍

Now, if only they had gotten me the 40 gig rather than the 20 :p - then i could fit my ENTIRE collection on it
 
very NOT true for me...infact, I WANT albums for christmas....especially Lateralus (ill buy that one in a bit..along with Coup De Grace).
 
I finally got Opiate for the holidays - the only one I didn't have except the DVD.
 
The only Tool CD that I own is Lateralus, I wanted the edited Undertow, but my mom couldn't find it, and every other CD has the dreaded "sticker"...

I hate the RIAA.
 
Originally posted by Ryan
The only Tool CD that I own is Lateralus, I wanted the edited Undertow, but my mom couldn't find it, and every other CD has the dreaded "sticker"...

I hate the RIAA.

Hehe..I got Lateralus for Christmas. :D My sister actually called me from the record store and asked me what CD's I wanted.
I also got AFI's new cd which I've had on my computer for a while. I just felt bad because I usually buy the CD's of bands I really like even after I download them and AFI's one of my favorite bands.


-Mark
 
Originally posted by Ethix101
My sister actually called me from the record store and asked me what CD's I wanted.

Yeah, my mom did that too, except I told her that I wanted "Undertow", but she wouldn't get it for me becuase of the "sticker". And the edited version can only be found in Wal-Mart. That's the only place I've found it at least.
 
I used to buy CD's with parental advisory stickers on them when I was 13. Bah, probably the record store owner just didn't care.
 
I could probably buy them, but my mom thinks that I don't hear those words probably more in a normal day than I will in the CD.
 
I don't get why tool is labeled with it though, every tool cd i've bought hasn't got the PA label on it. But it isn't censored either.
 
It's probably a UK thing, AEnima's not even censored/labeled? I'm going to move there. Or just buy it when we go over this summer. :D
 
I don't think it should be labeled anyway. I mean Maynard only says **** once or twice in a whole album.
 
Originally posted by Race Idiot
I don't think it should be labeled anyway. I mean Maynard only says **** once or twice in a whole album.

You didn't listen to "AEnima" very closely did you?
 
Once or twice? Try listening to "AEnima" the song. I counted 14. ;) Undertow shouldn't be really, though, because the only times I heard him say **** were in Sober.
 
Originally posted by KosmikFool
You didn't listen to "AEnima" very closely did you?

Shhhhhh! :O

**** L Ron Hubbard and
**** all his clones.
**** all those gun-toting
Hip gangster wannabes.

Learn to swim.

**** retro anything.
**** your tattoos.
**** all you junkies and
**** your short memory.

Learn to swim.

**** smiley glad-hands
With hidden agendas.
**** these dysfunctional,
Insecure actresses.
 
Well yeah, but then there's the chorus and the random s***'s thrown around.
 
Originally posted by Ryan
Yeah, my mom did that too, except I told her that I wanted "Undertow", but she wouldn't get it for me becuase of the "sticker". And the edited version can only be found in Wal-Mart. That's the only place I've found it at least.


Wow. That is teh suck.


My mom used to let me buy whatever I wanted to. But now that Im 18 I don't car that much.


I mean, my dad has no clue about the ESRB rating system. Didn't know then dosent know now.
 
My parents don't care too much but my dad hates Tool. He listens to most of the same music as I do but he says Tool is mindless swearing with no point even after I told him what half the songs were about. Meh, just a couple more years.
 
I don't really buy all that many CD's, but the parents don't know which ones I buy anyway, since they basically stay in my car.
 
Back