advice for GT Academy national finals

• Thread starter drspeedy
  • 15 comments
congratulations man :cheers: I think that determination and motivation is the main thing to earn a place in race camp .( I have never been to national finals so i'm not sure ) anyway good luck and have fun ;)

I live in France but I'm not french
Alright then.
So I made it to the north african national finals . I qualified via live events . Territory finals are in 10 days .
I would love to have some tips or any information from previous gt academy finalists . Anything will really help me there .
Thank you for your help :gtpflag:
If it's just 10 days away, there is'nt much time to prepare, I'd say find an empty parking lot and place out a bunch of cones, making an autocross track, then take your everyday car and practice, try getting a friend with you to take times.

Other than that, take part in the prep races held here.

The final thing is to make sure you're in good physical shape, but since its just 10 days away, its not much you can do. Dont do any exercising the last 3 days before the final, just to make sure you're rested up for the fitness tests.

Good luck.;)

Is it necessary to have passport to enter national finals

Guess that depends on whether your national finals are in a different country than where you are qualifying from. For North African finals, I thought folks had to travel to Egypt.

Alright then.

If it's just 10 days away, there is'nt much time to prepare, I'd say find an empty parking lot and place out a bunch of cones, making an autocross track, then take your everyday car and practice, try getting a friend with you to take times.

Other than that, take part in the prep races held here.

The final thing is to make sure you're in good physical shape, but since its just 10 days away, its not much you can do. Dont do any exercising the last 3 days before the final, just to make sure you're rested up for the fitness tests.

Good luck.;)
I have 2 questions for you please and it will be great if you can answer them :
the first one is about driving : all what I have as experience in driving is 2 stroke karting and my g27 . I can heel toe with my g27 drive with manual gear shift ..... is this enough for me to be competitive in autocross course ?
the second question is about the finals : if one show them that he is ready to fight for the prize even if he isn't fit enough ... can they give him a chance ? or is anything with points and the strongest and best go to race camp ?
Thanks for you help
cheers

the first one is about driving : all what I have as experience in driving is 2 stroke karting and my g27 . I can heel toe with my g27 drive with manual gear shift ..... is this enough for me to be competitive in autocross course ?
the second question is about the finals : if one show them that he is ready to fight for the prize even if he isn't fit enough ... can they give him a chance ? or is anything with points and the strongest and best go to race camp ?
Thanks for you help
cheers
I cant answer any of those questions bud. sounds like too little experience to my ears, but then again, I've seen people with zero experience go through on raw talent. as far as making exceptions for someone slightly unfit, it's all up to the judges. I was attending the national finals in both 2013 and 2014, and for 2013 there was a bigger emphasis on driving skill, while in 2014 there was a bigger emphasis on physical fitness.

I fell short just on the line in 2013, due to lack of experience, then in 2014 I made sure I got all the experience needed, and got eliminated because of less physical fitness. even tho I was amongst the fastest in the IRL driving, and fastest of all in the gaming part. The fact that they changed their mind of what was important was really frustrating, and still annoys me to this day. I will never attend GT academy ever again, even if I'm allowed, in pure protest.

Thanks for you help
cheers

You need a valid driver's licence in order to participate in national finals- from the sound of what you are saying, you don't?

To be competitive in the driving you'll need some experience of driving a car on or close to the limit- I didn't when I went and although I don't think I did particularly badly, I was far from the best out there (most of the people who did well in the autocross had been to track days and experience days etc.).

However if it's weighted like it was last year then all the events carry the same weighting. So the driving is just as important as the media or fitness elements. :rolleyes:

I cant answer any of those questions bud. sounds like too little experience to my ears, but then again, I've seen people with zero experience go through on raw talent. as far as making exceptions for someone slightly unfit, it's all up to the judges. I was attending the national finals in both 2013 and 2014, and for 2013 there was a bigger emphasis on driving skill, while in 2014 there was a bigger emphasis on physical fitness.

I fell short just on the line in 2013, due to lack of experience, then in 2014 I made sure I got all the experience needed, and got eliminated because of less physical fitness. even tho I was amongst the fastest in the IRL driving, and fastest of all in the gaming part. The fact that they changed their mind of what was important was really frustrating, and still annoys me to this day. I will never attend GT academy ever again, even if I'm allowed, in pure protest.
thanks bro for your help and goog luck in the future don't give up on your dream though ;)

You need a valid driver's licence in order to participate in national finals- from the sound of what you are saying, you don't?

To be competitive in the driving you'll need some experience of driving a car on or close to the limit- I didn't when I went and although I don't think I did particularly badly, I was far from the best out there (most of the people who did well in the autocross had been to track days and experience days etc.).

However if it's weighted like it was last year then all the events carry the same weighting. So the driving is just as important as the media or fitness elements. :rolleyes:
I do have a driving licence . I heard that in the finals everything is with points . the first in fitness earn some points , in driving .... and they choose the guys with most points . I want to know if it is possible to be chosen if I show them big motivation and determination .....

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have a driving licence . I heard that in the finals everything is with points . the first in fitness earn some points , in driving .... and they choose the guys with most points . I want to know if it is possible to be chosen if I show them big motivation and determination .....

Only your points total will be taken into account, your attitude is irrelevant at the National Final stage.

Only your points total will be taken into account, your attitude is irrelevant at the National Final stage.
do you think if I come second in gaming it's enouugh for me to qualify and be in top 6 ?

Last edited:
do you think if I come second in gaming . first in bleep test and last in pushups planks , 7-8th in driving , and first in media is it enouugh for me to qualify and be in top 6 ?

I wouldn't really be able to say, but I'd wager that if you were last/towards the bottom in anything then you might struggle to make the cut- it really depends on how everyone else does.

I'm not sure on the exact scoring system.

I wouldn't really be able to say, but I'd wager that if you were last/towards the bottom in anything then you might struggle to make the cut- it really depends on how everyone else does.

I'm not sure on the exact scoring system.
I see thanks mate :) wish me good luck I have the finals in 4 days :guilty:

Back