AE86 Controller Drifting - Need Opinions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crumpet
  • 11 comments
  • 1,592 views
Before watching the video, I'd say buy a wheel!
After watching it , I would say buy a wheel!!!

Although I must admit, you are doing more than fine with a controller. And beware. If you'd decide to buy one.... Be prepered to learn to drive all over again. Your laptimes and drifting will stink at first. But after a while, you never want anything else....

Good luck.

Btw. I'm a proud owner of the Fanatec Turbo S with Clubsport Pedals.
 
I would have a wheel sooner, but as I'm just 13, I can't afford many!

So I'm looking for the cheapest, but good one.

Also thanks.
 
Not bad but could be smoother on the steering:tup: are you using the sticks or the buttons for steering? As the guy above said you will have to learn all over again with a wheel, so be prepared to put in some hours of bad driving, before being able to match your joypad times and scores. It's worth it in the end though.
 
HKS controller?
blog_attachment.php
 
Not bad but could be smoother on the steering:tup: are you using the sticks or the buttons for steering? As the guy above said you will have to learn all over again with a wheel, so be prepared to put in some hours of bad driving, before being able to match your joypad times and scores. It's worth it in the end though.

Yeah, thing is to take it smooth I need to balance the stick, so I over accelerate and then turn the stick really hard, most of the time I'm under low control.. :sly:
 
Drifting with a controller always looks silly in the replays, watching the front wheels zig-zag in and out that quickly. Definitely easier with a controller, but more rewarding when done with a wheel.
 
If you use the stick you can steer smooth, just don't use it like an on off switch, it looks much better in replays but still not quiet as good as a wheel.
 
Drifting with a controller always looks silly in the replays, watching the front wheels zig-zag in and out that quickly. Definitely easier with a controller, but more rewarding when done with a wheel.

True, seeing the wheels chatter back and fourth doesn't look right...
 
Anyway thanks guys, I need to get a capture card, and a wheel now. :sly:
 
Back