AE86- Practicing with my wheel

• Thread starter tfujiwara
  • 14 comments
Not as good as when I use my Momo wheel, but far better then I with my G27. Nice rotor up on the shelf, got a 7?

Rallywagon
Not as good as when I use my Momo wheel, but far better then I with my G27. Nice rotor up on the shelf, got a 7?

Gotta say this, but 270 degree wheels don't take near as much skill than a 900degree wheel. And I heard you say the momo has some better things, one of which is less steering angle. That is a bad point.

Keep at it practice practice practice it takes a lot of control and skill to do what you are doing. nice video man

Gotta say this, but 270 degree wheels don't take near as much skill than a 900degree wheel. And I heard you say the momo has some better things, one of which is less steering angle. That is a bad point.
I agree, its a bad point when you're looking for fine control during racings. I wont be trading up my G27 for the Momo. But 270 degrees makes drifting a lot easier. Outside of this fact, the g27 out performs in every other aspect. Im sure once I'm used to it, I will prefer the G27 over the other. But being able to counter steer so quickly is really nice for drifting. Makes it a lot easier.

I agree, its a bad point when you're looking for fine control during racings. I wont be trading up my G27 for the Momo. But 270 degrees makes drifting a lot easier. Outside of this fact, the g27 out performs in every other aspect. Im sure once I'm used to it, I will prefer the G27 over the other. But being able to counter steer so quickly is really nice for drifting. Makes it a lot easier.

If you keep practicing like I did and still do, you will be very smooth with the G27. I am, and love it. If you'r having trouble with countersteering, it has to do with your tune, cause mine nearly countersteers itself.

My "table" wasn't the issue. Nor the tune. Well. OK. Tuning did help some. My problem was at first letting the wheel counter steer itself. Got that handled. Then my issue was getting the wheel back to center before I got snapped back in the opposite direction. I'm starting to get the hang of it though. I mean
I've only had the wheel about a week now. I just need more practice.

Is it just me, or is the Shigeno version even harder to drive (and actually, not necessarily faster) than the original AE86 (once you upgrade it's engine and throw in a supercharger)?

Is it just me, or is the Shigeno version even harder to drive (and actually, not necessarily faster) than the original AE86 (once you upgrade it's engine and throw in a supercharger)?

It's not you. The original has softer springs and that makes it easier to drift IMO.

It's not you. The original has softer springs and that makes it easier to drift IMO.

Well, I put harder springs on the original, actually. Even so, I got faster lap times on Trial Mountain than with the Shigeno version; all factors being the same except that I used a supercharger, fully NA tuned engine in combination, and kept the stock weight rather than reducing it. Brake tuning, suspension settings, tires, LSD settings, etc were the same numbers on both setups.

Back