After pitting I get left behind

• Thread starter Chunk88
  • 32 comments
So basically I should keep putting laps in until I notice a slow down? I don't really watch gt3 racing, how many laps can they generally do around brands Hatch? Is it like 5, 20, 50 or 100?
That would depend on the tyre compound in question, car, your driving style and what you have the tyre wear rate set to.

Personally I have it set to real and have never had tyre's degrade to the point of being useless in the dry up to 20 odd laps. The ones to watch are Wets when the rain stops, these you can fry to the point of being useless within two laps of the track going dry.

In GT racing a set of tyres will normally last well beyond a tank of fuel, in fact it's not uncommon to double stint tyres (ie use one set of tyres for two runs). This year the Audi LMP1 cars were triple stinting at Silverstone. In the GT/Endurance events, at least, I wouldn't expect tyre degradation to be a major problem.

In GT racing a set of tyres will normally last well beyond a tank of fuel, in fact it's not uncommon to double stint tyres (ie use one set of tyres for two runs). This year the Audi LMP1 cars were triple stinting at Silverstone. In the GT/Endurance events, at least, I wouldn't expect tyre degradation to be a major problem.

Thanks for the information, I only really watch F1 which is a totally different ball game. I have been catching a bit of gt racing on the motoring channel although the coverage has no real production value and I quickly lose interest with it.

Latest Posts

Back