After seeing so many defunct clubs I decided to try something...

• Thread starter HamOnRye
  • 13 comments
England
Rivera of the North
Hamonrye333
After only recently rediscovering my wheel and getting GT6 I'm loving it. However after improving enough to get a super license I thought I'd venture online. Quick matches were hit and miss :irked: :lol: So, after reading the excellent threads on tuning by @Motor City Hami and generally seeing the great community on here I thought I'd revisit clubs. However after wading through loads of 'clubs' that had one member, no races, no content ever :banghead: I was getting frustrated. I eventually found a few that were still going (it's understandable many have moved to ps4-I only rediscovered my wheel when selling spare PS3 and games to make room).

Anyway rather than sulk I thought I'd make the effort and start 'The new All Comers Racing club' :cheers: :embarrassed::gtpflag: Hopefully it'll cater for all levels and I thought, after seeing how ludicrously quick many of you are on favourite tracks, I'd use plenty of the best user created tracks. Keeping it simple and inclusive I thought I'd try a 550pp European non race/rally time trial and same class races :) 👍 That way any fettling or tuning can be put to good use in races. UK time for any races so I think that's wishful thinking, time trials will be prominent at least initially BUT I'd be mighty grateful if there was a decent time set (at least for me) to chase...;) :nervous: 550pp euro TT Regardless of anything new content will be posted regardless..especially after all the time I wasted with those 'non clubs':D :banghead:

Anyway from small acorns and all that. I am so grateful this forum exists, its help has been invaluable. 👍:gtplanet::cheers:

Last edited:
@HamOnRye I was in a similar situation a little over a year ago. I desperately wanted to play gt6 but I had completed it and the seasonal events would only hold my interest a short time. I was just about to put the game away and that is when I discovered the GTP_WRS. We have weekly "offline" time trial completion (with handicap system) and 3 races weekly based on that same time trail. IMO (and historical) data would show it is the fastest way to becoming a faster driver. Check out the links in my signature if you are interested.

@HamOnRye I was in a similar situation a little over a year ago. I desperately wanted to play gt6 but I had completed it and the seasonal events would only hold my interest a short time. I was just about to put the game away and that is when I discovered the GTP_WRS. We have weekly "offline" time trial completion (with handicap system) and 3 races weekly based on that same time trail. IMO (and historical) data would show it is the fastest way to becoming a faster driver. Check out the links in my signature if you are interested.
Thanks for reply. What's the handicapping system? I'll give it a shot although driving stock cars is going to be difficult (I've been studying at the @Motor City Hami college). Needless to say I'm not top of the class....yet:lol::lol:. Is there a step by step guide to the sending of files and to whom etc?

@HamOnRye If an old man like me can figure it out anyone can. There are easy to understand procedures already in place (WRS has been at this since 2003). Only catch is you will need a usb drive and the ability to zip/ compress the replay file on a PC (I think some have been able to do it on their phone but not sure), everything else is done on this site or one the PS3.

Here is how you get started.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-registration-gt6-new-members-start-here.313756/

Inside these two threads you can see what the types of events and Time Trials we do via the current events and past event threads.

We are on week 100 for the Time Trial

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/

There will be two online races Wed from the week 99 time trial (week 100 will be sat and wed of next week). There are also two other special events available curently. You don't have to complete your rookie placement to enter races just follow the OLR rules.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-online-events.248/

And one of the neatest features is the web leaderboard for the time trials.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/

Let me know if you have questions or I can help.

@HamOnRye If an old man like me can figure it out anyone can. There are easy to understand procedures already in place (WRS has been at this since 2003). Only catch is you will need a usb drive and the ability to zip/ compress the replay file on a PC (I think some have been able to do it on their phone but not sure), everything else is done on this site or one the PS3.

Here is how you get started.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-registration-gt6-new-members-start-here.313756/

Inside these two threads you can see what the types of events and Time Trials we do via the current events and past event threads.

We are on week 100 for the Time Trial

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/

There will be two online races Wed from the week 99 time trial (week 100 will be sat and wed of next week). There are also two other special events available curently. You don't have to complete your rookie placement to enter races just follow the OLR rules.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-online-events.248/

And one of the neatest features is the web leaderboard for the time trials.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/

Let me know if you have questions or I can help.
Thanks for prompt response. Great links and very much appreciated. Fortunately I've done the dance with usb's through having more than one PS3 (at my age going round back of TV to unplug anything from the wire bramble patch is harder than getting a spare for upstairs...")
I suppose I'll have to dig out the ol'laptop. Been getting mighty lazy with the simple yet limited (for this Luddite anyway) I pad. I'll have a crack at qualifying from this morning. Would you suggest plenty of runs/days as vid suggests? Or at this point with league so established am I right in thinking not to get too hung up on trying for days and days for minuscule gains as I'll reach my limit reasonably quickly as a recent super license holder 65% completed suggests?

@HamOnRye, I see you've promoted this thread in your signature.
If you want it to be a link, try typing it like this:

[URL=https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/after-seeing-so-many-defunct-clubs-i-decided-to-try-something.339912/]Ahem, new All Comers Racing club anybody?[/URL]

To get this:

Ahem, new All Comers Racing club anybody?

Sorry to bother you if you already knew that. :)
Thanks friend. Really appreciate it. 👍 I'm blundering round on a new(ish) I pad instead of a laptop and getting pretty frustrated at my utter failures and/or memory...or lack of it :lol: :rolleyes: I ALWAYS appreciate and accept tips and advice:)

Would you suggest plenty of runs/days as vid suggests?
That is the old system. The only purpose of the qualifier now is verify the name of the PSN account you will be using.
Your division placement will be determined by the average of the first 3 time trials you complete (once official).

Instructions for Registration Submission:
  • To submit your registration, start a new conversation with WRSFetchBot (Subject title: GTP_WRS Registration)
  • Provide your PSN ID and country details, exactly like this (case sensitive):

PSN: GTP_EDK

Then attach any 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. This replay is for verification of your submitted PSN ID. The car and track contents do not matter. These are the replay requirements -

• The replay must be a 'Best Lap/Ghost' Replay
  • The run must be completed while you are signed into the PSN Network
  • The PSN ID must match the PSN listed in the message body (GTP_Tag is no longer required)
  • The attachment will need to comply with forum file size limits. You will know if this is the case, as the forum will not allow you to upload a file that is too large

That is the old system. The only purpose of the qualifier now is verify the name of the PSN account you will be using.
Your division placement will be determined by the average of the first 3 time trials you complete (once official).

Instructions for Registration Submission:
  • To submit your registration, start a new conversation with WRSFetchBot (Subject title: GTP_WRS Registration)
  • Provide your PSN ID and country details, exactly like this (case sensitive):

PSN: GTP_EDK

Then attach any 'Best Lap'/'Ghost' replay in zip file form. This replay is for verification of your submitted PSN ID. The car and track contents do not matter. These are the replay requirements -

• The replay must be a 'Best Lap/Ghost' Replay
  • The run must be completed while you are signed into the PSN Network
  • The PSN ID must match the PSN listed in the message body (GTP_Tag is no longer required)
  • The attachment will need to comply with forum file size limits. You will know if this is the case, as the forum will not allow you to upload a file that is too large
Thanks. You saved me some time. I'll crack on with things...

@HamOnRye you asked about the handicap system. We have 4 divisions (1-4) and 3 tiers within each division (gold, silver and bronze). Besides helping you prepare for the upcoming race the Time Trials are their own completion and its how you lower your handicap (poor results do not increase your handicap)

How they get the par and divisional numbers for each weeks event is pretty complicated and I don't really know how it works. This link is to our registry that has all members handicap "number" and division & tier to give you an idea of what it looks like and it also talks briefly about the system but some of the info is a little outdated.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/official-gtp_registry-gt6.297257/

I'm just one of many examples of how participating in the WRS will make you a faster driver. I joined about 1 year ago and landed at the bottom of Div. 2 bronze and I'm now Div. 2 gold. There are some D1 bronze and silver drivers that started out in Div. 4 in GT5. If you make it to D1 gold you will find yourself among those who can earn a spot in the top 20 of the seasonal time trials.

Thanks friend. I'm definitely doing this. I've not done a single one of the Super events and, after trying one last night, I realise I've a lot to learn re tyres, fuel, pit stops. So I'm gonna try and do at leat a couple of those this week to get a feel for tyre wear and I also set times in the TT events I've put up in the new club. Although the inaugural event TT is on a course I really like I haven't the machinery or skill to just post a decent time straight off the bat so I'll have to do that too.
So forgive the tawdry timekeeping because I'm determined to give it a shot and am already prepared/psyched up for having my shortcomings cruelly exposed. I keep being reminded of how good a community and forum this is...the downside is that it's also a constant reminder of my stupidity over leaving my steering wheel in a box, unloved and unused for so many years...D'oh!

Thanks friend. I'm definitely doing this. I've not done a single one of the Super events and, after trying one last night, I realise I've a lot to learn re tyres, fuel, pit stops. So I'm gonna try and do at leat a couple of those this week to get a feel for tyre wear and I also set times in the TT events I've put up in the new club. Although the inaugural event TT is on a course I really like I haven't the machinery or skill to just post a decent time straight off the bat so I'll have to do that too.
So forgive the tawdry timekeeping because I'm determined to give it a shot and am already prepared/psyched up for having my shortcomings cruelly exposed. I keep being reminded of how good a community and forum this is...the downside is that it's also a constant reminder of my stupidity over leaving my steering wheel in a box, unloved and unused for so many years...D'oh!

I'm glad to hear it. 👍 We are here to help and support not judge so jump right in.

IMO you are very wise to continue to work through the career mode in parallel. A) you will unlock a lot of useful cars and earn much needed money & B) more practice never hurts. Money can be an issue early on in the game so making sure you do all the seasonal events is a very good idea plus more recently they have also awarded cars in addition to big money. Although I completed the game about 2 years ago if you have questions send me a PM I will try and help.

Also this can be helpful as well, at one time there was a thread on "recommended cars" for the event but I could not find it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...its-win-cars-new-seasonals-05-11-2015.291615/

I'm glad to hear it. 👍 We are here to help and support not judge so jump right in.

IMO you are very wise to continue to work through the career mode in parallel. A) you will unlock a lot of useful cars and earn much needed money & B) more practice never hurts. Money can be an issue early on in the game so making sure you do all the seasonal events is a very good idea plus more recently they have also awarded cars in addition to big money. Although I completed the game about 2 years ago if you have questions send me a PM I will try and help.

Also this can be helpful as well, at one time there was a thread on "recommended cars" for the event but I could not find it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...its-win-cars-new-seasonals-05-11-2015.291615/
I have followed your advice on game and Seasonals and have really appreciated it. Getting sidetracked by too much online stuff won't help you improve. Thank you.
I'm really hoping now Xmas is behind us time won't be such an issue. Or, if I'm frank, neither will single malts and lager. I've realised using I pad is generating bad links in my (essentially).time trial club for newcomers and also finally got on top of things generally. Goodness knows how you organise your club, it looks awesome. Anyway I still fully intend to participate and have even formatted my memory stick ready for replay and dusted off my tired, tired, very slow and barely clinging on laptop and put it on charge! I am an optimist! It's my new year resolution! (that and getting links to a great track we did to work but that is a different story!)

Back