Age of Empires II Definitive Edition

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 2 comments

Dotini

(Banned)
United States
Seattle
CR80_Shifty
Extensive update of classic game to be released in a few days.

I've been playing AOE II since the nineties on my Mac Mini, and it's time for me to go with the state of the art game and a whole new system.

I'm now considering the published system requirements.

From https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/age-of-empires-ii-definitive-edition/18860
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition game details
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is a 20th anniversary gift to the people who either grew up playing this wonderful RTS or who are looking to play a classic in stunning 4K. Set to release in fall 2019, players will need at least a GeForce GT 420, Radeon HD 6850 or Intel HD Graphics 3000 to pass the minimum GPU requirement. The game not only includes the original content from 20 years ago, but it also has 3 new campaigns and 4 new playable civilizations!

Here are the Age of Empires II: Definitive EditionSystem Requirements (Minimum)

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64x2 5600+
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GT 420 or ATI Radeon HD 6850 or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or better
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 30 GB
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Recommended Requirements
  • CPU: 2.4 Ghz i5 or greater or AMD equivalent
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GTX 650 or AMD HD 5850 or better
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 30 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 1024 MB

From https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=35911&game=Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
19 Aug 2019 - Specs reviewed
Minimum Requirements
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.4GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6850 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 420
  • System Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Storage: 30 GB Hard drive space
  • DirectX 11 Compatible Graphics Card
Recommended Requirements
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-650 3.2GHz / AMD APU A6-3620 Quad Core
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5850 2048MB or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2GB
  • System Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Storage: 30 GB Hard drive space
PC System Analysis For Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition Requirements
Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition requires at least a Radeon HD 5850 2048MB or GeForce GTX 650 2GB to meet recommended requirements running on high graphics setting, with 1080p resolution. This hardware should achieve 60FPS. Make sure your GPU can run DirectX 11 or Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition won’t run. To summarise, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition needs around a 7 year old PC to play at recommended settings.

I would sincerely appreciate knowledgeable input and advice on what system to buy. I would prefer to go with the recommended requirements and the most reliable available components. Dependability is more important a priority than cost to me.

- Are the two system requirements sources in essentially identical agreement?
- What store or online sales would be most reliable and trustworthy?
- Should I go with new or refurbished?
- I'll want a new monitor, keyboard and mouse as well. Should I buy the whole kit as a package, or piecemeal?

Those system requirements are insane, I think my computer from high school had better specs than the minimum and that was just a beater. You could get a prebuilt system from basically anywhere for just about any price and meet those recommended specs, one thing though is that 1080p these days isn’t that impressive. If you are looking to buy everything I’d suggest at least a 1440p monitor (sometimes called 2k buts a terrible way to refer to monitors) which would give you decent resolution for a while and not be too taxing on a fairly modern system.

Those system requirements are insane, I think my computer from high school had better specs than the minimum and that was just a beater. You could get a prebuilt system from basically anywhere for just about any price and meet those recommended specs, one thing though is that 1080p these days isn’t that impressive. If you are looking to buy everything I’d suggest at least a 1440p monitor (sometimes called 2k buts a terrible way to refer to monitors) which would give you decent resolution for a while and not be too taxing on a fairly modern system.
I bought a 2 year old refurbished gaming computer, downloaded the game from Steam, and am now playing very happily! Everything is working perfectly, both hardware and software. My favorite civ, the Spanish, hasn't been nerfed too bad at all, and I'm now out to prove it's the best of all 35 of them on land or water! Happy days are here again. ;)

Back