Age of Empires IV Announcement at Gamescom 2017 (Windows)

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 8 comments
New Zealand
Auckland New Zealand
gtone339
2017-08-22_055932.jpg

After 10 years we have finally got a sequel to the best RTS game ever made on PC!

Check out the announcement trailer below!

Release date: TBA

Last edited:
Hell Yeah!!!

I spent like 1500+ hours playing Age of Empires 3 over the years, I cannot wait for this one. Going to pre-order it for sure! Hopefully, we will get some sort of special/limited/collectors edition!

Age of Empires IV was teased ages ago when Ensemble Studios was still around & had released this book several years ago:

aoe3.jpg

19th Century till the dawn of the 20th Century = WWI scenario?​

It would be cool to see WW1 in an AOE game. Although the announcement trailer only showed up to Samurais... Maybe they're saving it for later?

It would be cool to see WW1 in an AOE game. Although the announcement trailer only showed up to Samurais... Maybe they're saving it for later?

Well, based on that trailer I assume that they compiled all 3 titles into 1 trailer, and ended with a teaser to what's next after the ages: Bronze/Iron Age, Dark Ages/Middle-ages, Discovery Age/Colonial Age.

I've been compulsively playing AOE II, Conquerers expansion for Mac, for several decades now. Perhaps I should "upgrade"?

I'm currently playing Spanish allied with Aztecs versus 6 other civs one a giant Oasis map.

I've probably spent around 3000 hours in AoE II (original) alone. And the HD remake has racked up quite some hours aswell.

But I am skeptical to a "modern" age in the AoE games. :scared:
Hopefully if thats the road they take with the 4th, it will be just as amazing as the 2nd game.

When MS Flight Simulator was unveiled yesterday it reminded me about another much loved old MS IP... AOE.

I was quite surprised that absolutely nothing about IV was said or shown at this years E3 press conference. All we still have is that concept art trailer from years ago.

I'm starting to wonder if it's been canned especially as they showed Age of Empires II Definitive Edition.

When MS Flight Simulator was unveiled yesterday it reminded me about another much loved old MS IP... AOE.

I was quite surprised that absolutely nothing about IV was said or shown at this years E3 press conference. All we still have is that concept art trailer from years ago.

I'm starting to wonder if it's been canned especially as they showed Age of Empires II Definitive Edition.
AOE 2 DE is on for an October release. I don't currently own a platform on which to play it. But I am hoping the rumors that it will play on Xbox1 are true so I won't have to buy a Microsoft PC. But I'm so determined to play this game, I will if I have to!

Back