Agree or Disagree!! Why??

  • Thread starter Thread starter R34EVO9
  • 24 comments
  • 1,529 views

R34EVO9

(Banned)
Messages
767
United States
USA.CT
Messages
h3llaflshh
So Granturismo is going down the road of an rpg racer right? ANd if it is i hope its going to be like the racing version of final fantasy ?

Agree or disagree??
 
I look forward to being able to brew my own petrol potion.
 
I look forward to being able to brew my own petrol potion.

LOL :D

I'm sure there are some people in the Marketplace forum who wouldn't mind mixing their own paints. ;)

But if you're geeky enough, RPG rockin gt5 requires no in game device.

I can't find the post it was mentioned in, but I believe it was in the Seasonal section of the forum... Where someone made a crack that next they will release a seasonal event for the kubelwagen where you're transporting goods to the frontlines. And someone said, "maybe they could combine gt5 with call of duty".
 
Disagree. GT is what it should be, and it's getting better.
 
Disagree. GT is what it should be, and it's getting better.

It really only has been 7 months since the release of GT5. People should just go on with their lives if they don't like it anymore. And gotta love the replies in this thread. Real great, good ol' helpful/smart responses.

If people are so angry that they had to wait 6 years for GT5 to be made, they can wait at least a year to "give up".
 
Lol @ the kubelwagen seasonal!:p

I agree with morfei1, GT5 is exactly as it should be, a simulator. Not some kind of need for speed where you can get to 400km/h in a honda civic. This game took a LONG time to make and it's been worth the wait. It can only get better, although i predict it will take even longer for GT6 to hit the shelves:(
 
I read lots of posts..... here and around the net about what is GT, and what it should be. At the end, everybody has opinion (the new comeres also). I don't think a GT driver playing this game for 14 years have some complaints of the game or when the GT6 going to be presented. As a old school GT driver, I don't see any diference between GT1 and GT5, but I see lots of improvements.

The first time I played this game was around 14 years ago, I was at the age of 17-th at that time. I even didn't have a real driving license. I fall in love with it. At that time, there wasn't anything that you can compare this game with. After so many years..... playing the GT1,2,3,4 and now 5. I can definetly say that you can't compare it with anything at the moment, also. The online races, the cokpit view and the DFGT, makes the GT even more real and so exciting. Things that shows you that you are not good enough, and you can try to be better.

The feeling that you get, when you drive your favorite car, the feeling that you get, when you win the so long waited trophy is amazing and makes you think that you are a real race driver. I don't think any other race game can give me that feeling too, but I've tried them, all.

The GT taught me many things, I use in real time driving. Things that I use every day, things that might help me in a real time driving situation on the road, where you can't do mistakes.

So, for me it is not just a race game, but I way of thinking, a way to drive, a way to become a better driver.

What more can I tell you..... that's GT for me, and I'm grateful that I can play, drive and learn from this game.
 
Last edited:
So Granturismo is going down the road of an rpg racer right?

I've gotta disagree.

Sure, it has experience and leveling, but that doesn't actually effect the racing itself. That's just something that regulates how the game's content gradually becomes available as you progress, and helps give the player goals to strive toward. It's not as though your car gains levels and you can distribute level-up bonus points into speed, acceleration, braking, grip, et cetera.

As soon as you hear someone boast, "My level 73 Ford Mustang has +436 to horsepower, +93 to grip, +30 to damage resistance, and a Super Turbo Boost skill with only a 15-second cooldown" you can really complain that it's an RPG.
 
I think it should be rpg like... Like make it all online...we race championships for rewards like special paint chips and diffrent aero kits , rims , special car liveries.. things like this on the rpg sense if u know what i mean
Here more examples.......

You all do a championship. And lets everyone that placed from 10th-1st got these prize ranging from this paint to say Work Equip rims for all your cars..
And then we can have out item box with tabs at the top to separate everything like the paint, the performance , the suspension, The electronics and etc....
Then make it so that parts appear randomly In different parts shops (Bring back tuners market from gt4) Then just break down the parts list more To individual parts like cams, pistons etc
And give us a bloody market place to sell parts and cars and livery and etc


And just add all this but still keep it as gt5......With the way you guys want it to be ( true sim race racer btw)... Not the fan boys
 
Last edited:
^ I think there's lots of people on these forums who would disagree with this ^

Maybe if it were a completely seperate "spec", though something like you just described could just be a standalone title... I think its best not to taint the purity of a racing simulator like this.
 
^ I think there's lots of people on these forums who would disagree with this ^

Maybe if it were a completely seperate "spec", though something like you just described could just be a standalone title... I think its best not to taint the purity of a racing simulator like this.

True. i guess
 
Gran Turismo has always been an Car-RPG. That's what GT-Mode is for.
 
I dont think it goes so far that you could call the whole game a "car-rpg", though there are a couple of rpg-like elements to it (levelling, xp etc)

IMO they've already struck a pretty good balance of these elements so as to keep a deeper level on player-involvement but not allow it to get tacky.
 
It's nothing to do with leveling up in the GT5 context. You buy a car and defeat an enemy (Event) You then level up your car (Upgrades) so that it can defeat a stronger enemy (Event) It's been like that since GT1.

GT5 just adds unnecessary stuff.
 
Back