AI Drivers are Coming to iRacing This Year

Got an answer from iRacing. The offline AI mode will be subscription based as well.
Bugger, was looking forward to dipping my toes into this but if I have to pay a monthly subscription to access expensive content that I already own then I might just pass after all.

Bugger, was looking forward to dipping my toes into this but if I have to pay a monthly subscription to access expensive content that I already own then I might just pass after all.
Their explanation; without a subscription, people wouldn’t be members and still have access to iRacing.

The offline mode with AI is for free for (current) members. So you are in luck.

I dont get it ? You were already a member and purchased additional content already, but now don't want to pay a subscription fee ?
If you paid all this money for extra cars/tracks etc surely the extra few dollars for your subscription fee is very little in comparison...Especially if you renew your membership under a promo code.

Their explanation; without a subscription, people wouldn’t be members and still have access to iRacing.

The offline mode with AI is for free for (current) members. So you are in luck.
I am not a current member though.

I dont get it ? You were already a member and purchased additional content already, but now don't want to pay a subscription fee ?
If you paid all this money for extra cars/tracks etc surely the extra few dollars for your subscription fee is very little in comparison...Especially if you renew your membership under a promo code.
No I am not a member, never gave been cos I don't do online racing. I was hoping that with the AI coming if all you did was offline racing then there would be no subscription. As mentioned everywhere iRacing has the most expensive content and i was thinking that maybe if you only raced offline then you may just pay for the content. A bit like raceroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
@F1Aussie
If you wait until AI update is released, grab a new member promo code, sign up for a month and try it out. You could prob try for a month for only a few dollars and if you don't like, don't resubscribe. You do get enough content on base subscription to keep you busy for a month at least.
You never know maybe it'll get you interested in a bit of online competition too.

@F1Aussie
If you wait until AI update is released, grab a new member promo code, sign up for a month and try it out. You could prob try for a month for only a few dollars and if you don't like, don't resubscribe. You do get enough content on base subscription to keep you busy for a month at least.
You never know maybe it'll get you interested in a bit of online competition too.
Yes, I think I will try that, I saw some links to promo codes and they look enticing.

It's definitely worth trying it out. I very much enjoyed my time with it for several months maybe six years ago, but the subscription model plus paid unlocks is a bit much I think.

Back