AI gets disqualified all the time

• Thread starter RaceFuchs
  • 19 comments
Germany
Near Nürburgring
DanPrez
I just did a race at the Nürburgring Full Course with 29 AI cars. 7 laps, one requiered pit stop, difficulty 60, multiclass race with GT3, GT4 and TC. Only 6 out of 29 AI cars finished. The others got disqualified as soon as they entered the pits. I guess the reason behind this is the speed limiter, but i dont understand why this happens. Seriously, this game is out since September and the AI drivers are not able to do a proper pit stop?!

To be fair, this problen doesent accour on all circuits. I experienced it at the Nürburgring before, it also happens at Daytona. I hope SMS is aware of this. I still think that at this stage - such a bug (or feature?) isnt really acceptable because it makes a fullfuproper proper AI race with pit stops impossible at these tracks.
As far as i know, you wont be able to turn disqualifications off, either. You can disable penalties, but violating the speed limits will still lead to a DQ.

Reminds me of when AC used to do a similar thing, with the field pitting and then never coming back out.

Maybe the occasional car getting DQd, but not the majority of the field.

It's a known issue being worked on according to a previous thread. It occurs at high speed pit entry tracks. Fuji, Barcelona, Algarve, nurburgring (I guess??) Etc

It's a known issue being worked on according to a previous thread. It occurs at high speed pit entry tracks. Fuji, Barcelona, Algarve, nurburgring (I guess??) Etc

Good to know, but Barcelona doesent have a high speed entry and works fine for me.

Good to know, but Barcelona doesent have a high speed entry and works fine for me.

You're right, except my a.i. co driver didn't slow down quick enough once entering the pits and got us dq'd two hours into a race. I forgot all the tracks they were looking into, it's at the main forum

Just turn off penalties for offline play. Most of the penalties seem to only apply to the player car anyway. Penalty system is primarily helpful for online multiplayer

I've been running with penalties on for singlplayer, ya know, to try to feel like I'm running the real thing, but if it only applies to me and not the AI then I may just as well turn them off. If the AI isn't suffering from the overly tight rules, why should I?

Just wondering... has there ever been a game where the AI(besides the one controlling the player's car) actually receives and serves penalties for on-track incidents such as corner cutting/avoidable contact/illegal overtaking? There may be but I haven't seen it. If it actually is disqualifying them for speeding in the pits(which is an utterly ridiculous penalty that should be changed to a more real-world-like penalty anyway(same with DQ for a small jump start)) -- instead of just some sort of glitch causing them to get magically DQ'ed -- then that alone is more than most any game I've ever played has done.

I've been running with penalties on for singlplayer, ya know, to try to feel like I'm running the real thing, but if it only applies to me and not the AI then I may just as well turn them off. If the AI isn't suffering from the overly tight rules, why should I?
I run with penalties off and have still seen cars DQ'd in practice during a race weekend .

It doesen't. I had all penalties turned off in my Nürburgring race, 22 AI cars got disqualified when entering the pits. Not kidding here.

Same thing for me. Thirty two car GT3/GT4 grid at Algarve, penalties off. All but four were DQ'd by the end of the 20 minute qualifying session. :crazy:

Just turn off penalties for offline play. Most of the penalties seem to only apply to the player car anyway. Penalty system is primarily helpful for online multiplayer
Turning off Penalties doesn't resolve this problem though.
I've run penalty free Daytona RC endurance races and my entire class has been DQ'd before the third round of stops. It's definitely an issue with the AI coding, not how they react to penalties.

Problem is acknowledged by the devs, it's usually a too high pit entry speed by the AI. But pace of fixing it is glacial.

The biggest issue seems to be, with grid sizes larger than pit slots, there's a really good chance YOUR pit slot will be occupied by a DQ'd AI car, meaning you can't take on fuel or tires. Race over for you...:banghead:

Back