AI pitting bug and downshift sticking?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi,

2 questions as suggested by the thread title:

1) I just finished a sprint race that had a mandatory pit stop. I was quite a bit out in front and performed the minimal pit requirement, no bodywork or suspension fixes etc. I wasn’t overtaken but still ended up in 3rd. It’s honestly like 2 cars didn’t pit. Is there a known bug or something? Or am I missing something.

2) I can’t always downshift? I’m hoping it’s not my wheel paddle that’s broken. Is there something in the game that stops you from shifting down some times?

2) I can’t always downshift? I’m hoping it’s not my wheel paddle that’s broken. Is there something in the game that stops you from shifting down some times?
Yes, cars in ACC (and their real-life GT3 counterparts) have engine-overreving protection on downshifts. If your revs are too high when downshifting, it won't shift. Just downshift less aggressively and you will be fine.

Yes, cars in ACC (and their real-life GT3 counterparts) have engine-overreving protection on downshifts. If your revs are too high when downshifting, it won't shift. Just downshift less aggressively and you will be fine.
I didn’t know that (either in-game or real life). Thanks!

Back