AidenNewman888's Gallery

South Africa
Cape Town
ARNR100
I know I haven't been here very long, but I just want to share some pictures that I have taken in Gran Turismo 5 and and pictures i have taken in the real world

This Alfa Romeo is, I presume, the only one of its kind. It was built for a special one-make series in Europe but then the programme was dropped. It's loud and very fast. It's basically a mini F1 car.

_DSC0118 by ARNR100, on Flickr

Last edited:
Now something personal.

The red car is a 1969 Mazda R100, owned by Dave Kopke. Dave is a personal friend of mine and every race meeting I help him prep the car for competition. This Mazda has so much history here in Cape Town. Multiple Classic car championships, multiple Sports Car Championships. To explain how fast it is here's a lap time example. The Mazda R100 can do a 1.19.578 around Killarney Raceway, a Mclaren MP4-12C can do a 1.19.729 in the hands of an experiened racer. The pictures below are of the last race of the day. Dave won the first race, but the second race was extremely close.

_DSC0069 by ARNR100, on Flickr

_DSC0080 by ARNR100, on Flickr
The whole race was side-by-side action. The black Mazda Capella started to pull away.

_DSC0086 by ARNR100, on Flickr
Then after getting tangled up with backmarkers, Dave passed the Capella on the final lap. The Capella had the cornering speed, the R100 had the straight-line speed.

_DSC0089 by ARNR100, on Flickr
FTW!

Back