air of experience: an experiment

• Thread starter Yosuplee
  • 88 comments
first time posting for me here, but long time troll.

im lvl 40 in both A & B spec, trying to get the last "air of xp" trophy.

havent been lucky to get it yet, and all the info about getting this trophy is absolutely full of crap, unfounded, cant be validated or able to provide reproducable results.

so. im doing an experiment right now:

1. im level 40 bspec, retired all my old drivers, and got six new level 0 bspecer.
2. all the new drivers have green horizontal arrows on them with zero wins/zero races.
3. im doing the nuremburing 24hr endurance races with 4 racers with the X1.

hypothesizes: of course all the drivers will jump up in level to maybe somewhere in the 20s; all the drives should have 1/1 in win/race ratio; BUT i want to see the experience/carrer bar variations, maybe due to their differing personalities.

the race finishes at 3p monday est. ill post results.

lee

Me too

I made B spec lvl 40 and I used my top Bob in every race, yet he's only about 60% (which seems odd to me to begin with).

I've run a few races since and it doesn't seem to be moving any more. Has it stopped because I'm no longer accruing XP?

Me too

I made B spec lvl 40 and I used my top Bob in every race, yet he's only about 60% (which seems odd to me to begin with).

I've run a few races since and it doesn't seem to be moving any more. Has it stopped because I'm no longer accruing XP?

The answer I have been reading is the exp bar freezes when you set your driver to online.

Not saying that, but not sure either. I read through this and thats pretty much all I know. I'm just after the trophy.

result time!

1. all 4 bobs got lvl 31

2. all driving specs all increased 3/4 to 4/5 of there driver stat bars

3. all drivers 1win/1race ratio

4. all drivers arrows were in differennt directions 2 straight, 1 down, 1 up.

5. but mainly barely a hash mark on the exp/career bar.

conclusion: lvl 0 bob doing lvl 40 races with x1, dont do **** for the exp/career bar.

That trophy is when one of your B-Spec drivers does around 500 races, give or take. I ended up just racing Tsukuba in one of the first races over and over. Was level 40 B-spec and still had to do the Fuji race for about 4 hours to get the trophy.

I really hope you didn't retire all your drivers or you are in for a very long haul to get that trophy.

result time!

1. all 4 bobs got lvl 31

2. all driving specs all increased 3/4 to 4/5 of there driver stat bars

3. all drivers 1win/1race ratio

4. all drivers arrows were in differennt directions 2 straight, 1 down, 1 up.

5. but mainly barely a hash mark on the exp/career bar.

conclusion: lvl 0 bob doing lvl 40 races with x1, dont do **** for the exp/career bar.
i thought it had to do with how old your drivers were, not how much XP they have earned.

That trophy is when one of your B-Spec drivers does around 500 races, give or take. I ended up just racing Tsukuba in one of the first races over and over. Was level 40 B-spec and still had to do the Fuji race for about 4 hours to get the trophy.

I really hope you didn't retire all your drivers or you are in for a very long haul to get that trophy.
i have 1 driver with 700 races, 3 with over 500, and 2 around 490 and i don't have the air of experience trophy so i dont think there is any merit to the "500 races" theory. all of my drivers career bar match with their age/birth/creation/whatever and not their xp, races total, races won, etc.

my drivers don't age much because i mostly use them for remote racing from a 2nd account.

first time posting for me here, but long time troll.

im lvl 40 in both A & B spec, trying to get the last "air of xp" trophy.

havent been lucky to get it yet, and all the info about getting this trophy is absolutely full of crap, unfounded, cant be validated or able to provide reproducable results.

so. im doing an experiment right now:

1. im level 40 bspec, retired all my old drivers, and got six new level 0 bspecer.
2. all the new drivers have green horizontal arrows on them with zero wins/zero races.
3. im doing the nuremburing 24hr endurance races with 4 racers with the X1.

hypothesizes: of course all the drivers will jump up in level to maybe somewhere in the 20s; all the drives should have 1/1 in win/race ratio; BUT i want to see the experience/carrer bar variations, maybe due to their differing personalities.

the race finishes at 3p monday est. ill post results.

lee

Bit of a daft experiment if you don't mind me saying. Well, no daft as such, but you could easily have kept your most experienced driver and retired the other 5, and then ran the 24hr race with 4 new racers. Everything I have read points to 500 b spec days being the key.

My first driver is at about 97-98% so it **SHOULD** pop up soon. However amongst my other 5 drivers, some newer ones have higher %age on career bar than older ones

Could it be that the driver needs to actively paticipate in 500 races? Can't think why else a newer driver would have a fuller career bar. Saying that, my most experienced driver has only ran about 300 races personally and he is nearly there.

"daft?" huh!?

like in my first post... there is no "real" definitive answer to get the "air of exp" and the 500 b spec races days does not seem convincing when you hear of people getting it as low as 180, and high as 800+ races with 4 drivers. This 500 number seems random too me...

im a man of science and fact, that why i did this experiment. at least we know what does NOT work; and can actually document this, and proceed of it.

next exp is to grind 50 to 100 short races, and see the % increase in the exp/career bar. and see if the arrow on the helmet helps it: so im going to do the races while checking the arrow status... maybe arrow up, mean career and the other stats goes up? while down arrow means less or slower or no growth.

thanks guys.

Well my 1st Bob got it at around race 330 and he was Lv 32 at the time Iirc - there sure seem to be a lot of different ways of getting this Trophy.

I think it's related to the number of race days that have passed, so long as the driver is active. As long as a race is run while the driver is offline, it seems to me that they get a tick on their XP bar, regardless of race participation.

To account for the low number of races where some people have gotten this trophy, perhaps A-Spec races also factor into the equation.

No idea how it works, but, I got the air of experience trophy before remote racing.

My main Bob (I didn't have more than one until I unlocked the enduros) got a full career bar long before I hit B-Spec level 40. He had something like 420 wins from about 450 races. Hope that helps.

Has anybody tried this same test with remote races? For example if you had a level 0 bob, did his career bar move after the first time you took him offline? I pretty sure the answer is no but still hopeful to get this trophy without grinding Sunday Cup.

Has anybody tried this same test with remote races? For example if you had a level 0 bob, did his career bar move after the first time you took him offline? I pretty sure the answer is no but still hopeful to get this trophy without grinding Sunday Cup.

If you login to the GT5 website, you can get info that has #'s instead of just guessing visually by looking at the source code for the page.

I have a driver that I started at 0 and did a few races with in B-spec and its value for career is at "0". After 150 remote races, my Bob is at level 25 and the career value is still at "0" after cashing out 18 races (1 win).

I have an observation that I hope might help some people. I had 2 bob that I built up regularly while doing the manual bspec. When remote racing started, I quickly create other bobs and brought it up to almost same level as my original 2 bobs. These 2 bobs had 65% or so exp bar filled. The other ones started out from nothing and barely has any exp bar at all, yet all their other bars are same levels as the 2 original bobs. The 2 orignal are level 34, and 33. The others are level 32, 33...almost identical in every way except exp bar.

I enter all my bobs into remote racing regularly. What I found is that the 2 original bobs win more races than the others. Even though the cars and races are chosen at random, it seems like the original 2 had better chances of winning.

Conclusion: exp increases your chances of winning random races, more so than your class or other variables.

If you login to the GT5 website, you can get info that has #'s instead of just guessing visually by looking at the source code for the page.

I have a driver that I started at 0 and did a few races with in B-spec and its value for career is at "0". After 150 remote races, my Bob is at level 25 and the career value is still at "0" after cashing out 18 races (1 win).

Thanks for this, it answers everyone's questions. I'm not sure how to view the source code though, I use chrome. Anybody? Try this?

Update:

Grinded 1 of my six lvl 0 new bobs. At autimn ring track beginner lvl.

Bob did 33 races. But all 6 six bobs increase in their exp/career bar.

Hmmmmm.

Update:

Grinded 1 of my six lvl 0 new bobs. At autimn ring track beginner lvl.

Bob did 33 races. But all 6 six bobs increase in their exp/career bar.

Hmmmmm.
Read my post here, to see why that was your result. All your Bob are the same age. If you put some of your Bob on-line you could test my last theory.

Thanks for this, it answers everyone's questions. I'm not sure how to view the source code though, I use chrome. Anybody? Try this?

You'd have to save the page and edit it in a text/html editor. Using the debug version of the grinder widget, there is another source for a plethora of data.

Code:
user_id: afferent2
driver_id: 3167804
name: P.Newman
level: 26
expnextlevel: 306022
helmet: 15
wear: 14
experimental: 10871
speed: 67
physical: 81
mental: 60
heart: 0
race_count: 170
win_count: 9
career: 0
helmet_color: 17
wear_color: 17
online_experience: 27270
online_credit: 27770
condition: 29

MMmmmmm.... data.

Wow thanks odyss3y. I am going to take your word for it. :lol::lol::lol: A clear answer with evidence! Awesome!
Well I'd say it leaves more questions than answers. For example, that driver has actually driven in non-remote races, why is the value 0?

Well, i know one of my bobs been grinding remote races via the widget, im going to see if that increases the exp/career bar once i take him offline.

Well I'd say it leaves more questions than answers. For example, that driver has actually driven in non-remote races, why is the value 0?

Whoops I was under the impression that log was for a BOB that had only been remote raced.

Even though still the 0 confirms they are not gaining "career" while remote racing. I would assume that value is a whole number if we could actually look into the data log from the actual game.

Your data backs up any doubt that Remote Racing can move the career bar. We all already know the regular game will.

i have 1 driver with 700 races, 3 with over 500, and 2 around 490 and i don't have the air of experience trophy so i dont think there is any merit to the "500 races" theory. all of my drivers career bar match with their age/birth/creation/whatever and not their xp, races total, races won, etc.

my drivers don't age much because i mostly use them for remote racing from a 2nd account.
Remote racing doesn't add to the exp bar but it does increase the number of races/wins.

500 races was about accurate for me. When my first driver reached about 600 races I got the air of experience trophy. But that included probably about 100 remote races.

Honestly, just do what you're doing with the game. Eventually you will get it. And if you one day decide you want it now and not later, take your bob and continually run sunday cup tsukuba over and over again. I had to race sunday cup about 100 times. But from the amount the exp bar was going up after I did a chunk of races, it does seem like 500 races is about right.

Back