air of experience: an experiment

• Thread starter Yosuplee
  • 88 comments
I finally got the trophy after 488 wins from 639 races.

Sure a fair few of these were remote races.

Will still be grinding for cash in the Dream Car Championship, I'll just let Bob #2 do it now.

forgive me if this was already answered.

my strongest driver reached lvl 40 yesterdy evening, but his career bar is aprox. 3/4 full. He drove nearly 300 non remote races. Is it still possible to reach the "air of experience" with him?

As far as i understand the logic behind this hole career think, the bar raises
even for the pilots that are not driving? (And are not shared online) So i might be able to reach the top of his career with another driver?

Or does he have to drive for himself, in order to raise his career bar?

im afraid that i raced to many remote races with my crew. They are all prety close to lvl 40 but mostly even have half of her career bar filled.

edit: Yes, it does work. Bob still climbs the career ladder even if he reached max lvl.

Last edited:
I finally nailed this trophy yesterday and promptly retired my sole available driver to create a new one. As luck would have it, I had one driver set to offline before the PSN went down.

The way I did it mostly was by running "Like the Wind" 5 times in a row and then popping out to see what cars were available to buy in the UCD.

I'm bumping this
So we only need to start a race, exit to pre-race screen, start again and rinse and repeat with each start = 1 experience day?

Sounds like a lot of work...I'm only at like 150 races and I'm almost done B-spec minus the endurances..

How did everyone else do this?

Its not supposed to be done on a planned racing scam.
Your meant to play the game normaly during your life style.

You just pick any B-spec race.

Dream car championship will give the most money and recycle your Garage.
but takes a longer time. (22mins ish per race)
Sunday cup is quicker but takes a lot of micro management ( every 4 mins. )
You have to fit it in to your life style.

If you cant make your own choice And want a forced option out of some one fine ...

Do the Dreamcar championship while watching TV, At the 30 min add break. switch back to GT5 and start the next dreamcar race then go watch more TV.

Last edited:
Its not supposed to be done on a planned racing scam.
Your meant to play the game normaly during your life style.
People won't have to resort to these "racing scams" if they counted Remote racing days (I'm probably over 6000 races for that)

Let's be real. I know achievements/trophies are totally optional in terms of completing the game. But why would any devs make their gamers play a career mode 2.5x over on top of their A-spec career just for one trophy? (assuming each career is ~150 races)

I can't sit in front of my ps3 and micro-manage and can only let it idle for hours (this may sound contradicting but I watch all my TV, videos all on my ps3 so when it's tied up with GT5 B-spec I wont be around the TV). I don't need the XP nor CR and since I already have most of the cars refreshing UCD doesn't mean much to me.

Last edited:
twitchyzero
I'm bumping this
So we only need to start a race, exit to pre-race screen, start again and rinse and repeat with each start = 1 experience day?

Sounds like a lot of work...I'm only at like 150 races and I'm almost done B-spec minus the endurances..

How did everyone else do this?

I think he has to finish the race to get experience? If not, my task of getting him to 500 will be quicker.

My main bob has about 630 races, but about 350 of those were remotes, so they don't count towards experience.

Geez, my eldest B Spec driver has made it to level 40, but his career bar is still less than half way full. I've been running him (and a couple others) in 24 hour races for the past few weeks...and his total number of races is currently 445. I have three bobs at level 38 and two at 37...each with practically empty career bars. How long is it going to take to get this damned trophy?

So, anybody find out if the Air of Experience trophy can be won after I have achieved level 40 in both A and B spec? My drivers are not over level 38 individually, but their career bar doesn't seem to advance now that I am level 40.

Akita and snowdad: unfortunately remote races don't count for experience bar/trophy--regardless of driver level My main guy is a 40 and has almost 700 races, but only about 2/3rds of the way to full bar. Been doing a lot of "Sunday Cup" lately for that trophy. Boring! Lol

Got my trophy at 259wins/512 days.
Buy not doing the sunday cup.
Did the Dream car, European and German car champion ships ( as new cars were unlocked in the UCD )and earned some money while doing it.
Only level 38 A-spec/level 40 B-spec
B-spec driver has no been Put in retirement home and replaced with J.Montoya

( And yes this is HOW long trophys ARE meant to take to get.
This is not a title that will rely on easy platinum trophies to sell the game. Gold on vettel red bull challenge is harder than this. This just takes a longer time. )

Last edited:
Got my trophy at 259wins/512 days.
yes this is HOW long trophys ARE meant to take to get.

Definately not a Bronze trophy. It would've made sense that our B-Spec driver would reach the peak of his career after completing all available B-Spec races but nope, PD firmly believes you should complete all races at least twice and then some (~200 races account for all B-Spec races available)

If my driver is Level 40 will the experience bar still increase for him? I've been grinding for this trophy but I'm afraid that when he hits 40 its not going to increase nay more :(

If my driver is Level 40 will the experience bar still increase for him? I've been grinding for this trophy but I'm afraid that when he hits 40 its not going to increase nay more :(

It still increases after 40. Thing is it increases so little you wont be able to tell. Just have to keep grinding it out. Reaching the white lines (diminishing skills) is your next benchmark.

Just hit 503 races and still no trophy though. The grinding continues. Very very close though as the bar looks full to me!

Edit: Just got it :D 510 races it took for me, just need to get B-Spec level 40 now to finish the last Endurance race!

Last edited:
Got Bspec level 40 with my main Bob at 205 races...
Now, 1 theory and I hope that it works:

People say 500 bspec days, so - will it work if I enter/exit the race 295 times? I'll make a day pass but I won't have to spend 20hours doing Sunday Cup...
Did anyone try this?

Let us know if that works without running the races. Dont forget to check the ucd every 5 races too

Last edited:
I just got the trophy after 472 wins / 483 races (mostly grinding on Sunday Cup).

And this Bob is getting really old. He already lost 20% of his speed and 10% of his physical strength.
Is there actually a wheel chair model available? He may need one very soon...

I just got the trophy after 472 wins / 483 races (mostly grinding on Sunday Cup).

And this Bob is getting really old. He already lost 20% of his speed and 10% of his physical strength.
Is there actually a wheel chair model available? He may need one very soon...
wheel chair with roof and shopping trolley attachment.
152u2508.jpg

Finally got the Air of Experience trophy this weekend. It popped up at 523 wins out of 2124 races. Mr E.Sherman was a level 39 cool headed bob. He's still driving for me, although his speed is fading fast! At 330 wins, (all random, with lots of remote racing), we got aggressive doing Tsukuba in the Sunday Cup series, over and over and over again in the X2010. I just watched tv, and every 4 minutes or so, would x,x,o,x,x.

I'm on the stretch run, getting close to the finish. My driver's attributes are dropping fast but he will make it through another 50 or so races at Tsukuba before he gets to retire and be erased from my game save. I'm ready to be done with this. One positive from it is it's helping me cycle the UCD to get the 2J. About 50 days left until it appears.

Just got it at 480 races. About 200 of the races were done at tsukuba club 4 lap race. The rest were just the usual 4 hour nurb races and whatever was before that to get stuff done.

Do we get anything for retiring the driver after this trophy?

Its simple: make him go through 500 offline b-spec game days.

Never put him online. You can put him to race 500 times the shortest race available. NO matter if he wins, just racing is enough.

Does the experience bar become permanently stuck if you've ever put bob online? It sure seems like it does...

Does anyone know if the new Seasonal B-Spec races count for anything?

Chump:

I think it does. I, personally, am absolutely furious with PD. There was no warning about this at all. I raced all my drives on the online B-Spec Seasonal and now all the experience bars appear to be stuck. So now, I have had to create another driver, and I have to grind 500 b-spec race days.

I'm sorry, but with soo many great aspects of GT5, there are some really, really pointless issues that prevent people from collecting trophies that really spoil the whole GT5 experience.

Amman:

I tried grinding Tuskuba for a while. It's hard to notice but the exp bar eventually increases. Taking Bob offline to grind will not prevent him from getting exp.

Back