air race propeller failure

  • Thread starter Thread starter Holdenhsvgtsr
  • 7 comments
  • 833 views
Great skill on his part.

If he were a member here and his posts were as good as his flying, I would give him + rep.:dopey:
 
God damn, thats skill right there. I would have shat my pants....
 
Holy crap, the gearless landing that Interceptor posted looked more smooth than most of the commercial flights I've been on.
 
Great piloting, especially the second video.


Holy crap, the gearless landing that Interceptor posted looked more smooth than most of the commercial flights I've been on.

Not suprisingly

Commercial flight (mainly turbojet's) pilots are not supposed to hold out a landing for a smooth touch down, they trim to decend at a set vertical rate (between around 5-700ft min to follow the glide slope) then flare to touch down on the landing area at around a Vertical speed of 250-300ft min. Depending on weather conditions automatically or manually. So yeah that belly touch down would have been much smoother.
 
Back