Alerts and loading times

• Thread starter kikie
  • 27 comments

kikie

I'm here
Premium
Belgium
in the land of stupidity
I have no idea if this has been mentioned before (did a search) of if it is worth mentioning but GTP is slow, very slow compared to what I'm used to.

Also, when I get an Alert and I want to check out this alert, I never get redirected to the alert in question. Always a few posts above the alert.

[QUOTE="kikie, post: 11913198, member: 29689"I never get redirected to the alert in question. Always a few posts above the alert.[/QUOTE]

This is true for me on mobile but not on web.

Been experiencing this as well, thought it was a browser issue, I also have a problem where I like a post, but it doesn't show my name next to it. I know I liked the post because it gives me the option to unlike, without actually showing my name next to the button.

Using Chrome on PC. Though I recall it being slow on Safari on my iPad

You're welcome, but we're not out of the woods yet... more hardware needs to be replaced and we'll be going back offline within the next hour or so.

I concur, wholeheartedly. GTP is fast again.

The Alert problem still exist though. Maybe I have a very special computer?

I also have a problem where I like a post, but it doesn't show my name next to it. I know I liked the post because it gives me the option to unlike, without actually showing my name next to the button.

Using Chrome on PC.
I have the same problem:

Без име.png

Not that it's much of an issue at this point, but I'm also experiencing this.

The last few days, the speed of GTP has reduced to a crawl... Seems that it happened before, after reading this thread.
Same thing again?

edit: same problem on laptop and mobile (wifi and 4G)

Been experiencing this as well, thought it was a browser issue, I also have a problem where I like a post, but it doesn't show my name next to it. I know I liked the post because it gives me the option to unlike, without actually showing my name next to the button.

Using Chrome on PC. Though I recall it being slow on Safari on my iPad

I have the same problem:

View attachment 668143

Exactly, thank you for screen shot. Now they'll know we're not lying :lol:

Not that it's much of an issue at this point, but I'm also experiencing this.
I believe the latest version of Chrome has resolved this "first like" issue. I'm running 61.0.3163.100 (released a few days ago).

Can you guys confirm it's resolved for you as well?

It seems that I still have or the issue is back problems with this.

In the Singer new engine thread, I made a link to a previous post of mine and when I click on it, I always get redirected to another post. Also, clicking on an alert will never direct me to the alert in question.

In the Singer new engine thread, I made a link to a previous post of mine and when I click on it, I always get redirected to another post.
I assume you're talking about this post with its link? The link works as expected for me, assuming that is actually the post you wanted to link to.
Also, clicking on an alert will never direct me to the alert in question.
Where does it direct you? I don't see any issues with alert links.

I assume you're talking about this post with its link? The link works as expected for me, assuming that is actually the post you wanted to link to.
Yes.

Where does it direct you? I don't see any issues with alert links.
Example: an alert from Super_GT (New engine on the way for Singer thread) from today shows me #41 (GTboyz) instead of my post #55.

Another example: and alert from DeadHero in the Dallara sport car thread shows me #17 from RocZX instead of my post #23.

Your alert directed me to your post, which is correct.

I just tried with Microsoft Edge instead of Firerfix Firefox. It's the same so probably not a browser issue.

Back