New engines on the way for Singer

• Thread starter Stotty
  • 77 comments
With Singers being so rare and so individualised, it's going to be hard to judge their worth on the used market. The 2.7 Carrera RS has been a guaranteed investment since at least the late 80's. Even if you can justify spending £700k on a 911 people will baulk at the fact that it's resale value is completely unknown.

With Singers being so rare and so individualised, it's going to be hard to judge their worth on the used market. The 2.7 Carrera RS has been a guaranteed investment since at least the late 80's. Even if you can justify spending £700k on a 911 people will baulk at the fact that it's resale value is completely unknown.

Plus you can order a Singer to your own spec if you're prepared to wait a year or 2... they aren't making 2.7's any more.

Me personal decadent garage would be:

• 73 2.7 RS: Yes
  • 997 GT3 RS 4.0: Yes
  • 996 GT3 RS: Yes
  • 991 GT3 RS: Nope, the non RS version: Yes
  • 991.2 GT3 (manual): Yes
  • 991 GT2 RS (confirmed allocation): Nope.
  • Cayman GT4: Yes
  • 991.2 Turbo S: Nope
  • Carrera GT: Nope
  • Gallardo SL: Nope
  • 599 GTO: Nope
  • 288 GTO: Nope
  • Countach LP5000S: Yes
  • 430 Scud: nope
  • AMG GTR: Nope
  • 74 RSR (race car): Yes
  • 918: Nope
My personal addition:

• Fiat Abarth Biposto: :D
  • Lotus Exige Cup (which one, I'm not sure yet)
  • Maybe the new Dallara sports car
  • 991 GTS and 991.2 GTS
  • Audi RS4 model 2018

'AndrewD', on PH, lists the following Porsches... '73 2.7RS, 997GT3RS 4.0, 996 GT3RS, 991GT3RS, 991.2GT3 (manual), 991GT2RS (confirmed allocation), Cayman GT4, 991.2 Turbo S, Carrera GT... alongside Gallardo SL, 599GTO, 288GTO, Countach LP5000S, 430 Scud & an AMG GTR.

'WTDoom' has (in addition to a number of Ferrari's and at least one Aston)... '74 RSR (race car), 997 GT3RS 4.0, 991 GT3RS, Carrera GT, 918.

Pretty sure it was Andrew D that was on the verge of buying a Singer... but thought £700k was a bit rich :lol:
It seems that I have the same mindset as those very rich petrol heads. :P
Although, the more I spend time reading this thread, the more I'm inclined to change my mind, should I have millions of Euros to spend on cars the more I'm becoming interested in a Singer.

Last edited:
Me personal decadent garage would be:

• 73 2.7 RS: Yes
  • 997 GT3 RS 4.0: Yes
  • 996 GT3 RS: Yes
  • 991 GT3 RS: Nope, the non RS version: Yes
  • 991.2 GT3 (manual): Yes
  • 991 GT2 RS (confirmed allocation): Nope.
  • Cayman GT4: Yes
  • 991.2 Turbo S: Nope
  • Carrera GT: Nope
  • Gallardo SL: Nope
  • 599 GTO: Nope
  • 288 GTO: Nope
  • Countach LP5000S: Yes
  • 430 Scud: nope
  • AMG GTR: Nope
  • 74 RSR (race car): Yes
  • 918: Nope
My personal addition:

• Fiat Abarth Biposto: :D
  • Lotus Exige Cup (which one, I'm not sure yet)
  • Maybe the new Dallara sports car
  • 991 GTS and 991.2 GTS
  • Audi RS4 model 2018

It seems that I have the same mindset as those very rich petrol heads. :P
Although, the more I spend time reading this thread, the more I'm inclined to change my mind, should I have millions of Euros to spend on cars.

That's a nice list!

My dream Porsche list would be a bit shorter... primarily so I would have more time to drive each model...

911ST (the prettiest 911 of all time IMO)
996 GT2
997 GT3RS 4.0
Carrera GT
Singer

I'd never sell my beloved 996... it's just the perfect everyday sports car, and so discrete... though it would get a 3.7l engine, ohlins suspension and an interior re-trim.

There are a few non-Porsche models I'd also love to own, such as a 250 series Ferrari (SWB or Lusso), an Alfaholics GTA-R, and after driving one, a DB11. I always lusted after a Muira, but after sitting in one I realised they are just too small for me to fit in and actually drive :lol:

Plus some sort of historic race car... maybe an old 911, Jag or Alfa from the 60's.

'AndrewD', on PH, lists the following Porsches... '73 2.7RS, 997GT3RS 4.0, 996 GT3RS, 991GT3RS, 991.2GT3 (manual), 991GT2RS (confirmed allocation), Cayman GT4, 991.2 Turbo S, Carrera GT... alongside Gallardo SL, 599GTO, 288GTO, Countach LP5000S, 430 Scud & an AMG GTR.

'WTDoom' has (in addition to a number of Ferrari's and at least one Aston)... '74 RSR (race car), 997 GT3RS 4.0, 991 GT3RS, Carrera GT, 918.

Pretty sure it was Andrew D that was on the verge of buying a Singer... but thought £700k was a bit rich :lol:
I’ve seen similar thoughts on Rennlist that they’d love to buy one, but it’s a lot of money to part ways with. So far, I know of one 918 owner who bought one.
Their low volume & high demand for the mean time cures those worries; they’re going to be worth half a million regardless bc as soon as one hits the market, it’ll get snatched up. As Stotty and I discussed, they rarely trade hands to begin with and most sales are private parties looking to bypass waiting time for a new one so they typically initiate the sales for another owners (as long as the money is right and so forth).

Which in my opinion, means any owner who grabbed one in the first year or so, likely has a nice investment piece.

This new Ruf CTR 2017 or a Singer?

2017-ruf-ctr-4.jpg

I think the central wheel lock nuts give it away.
No, I wasn't asking if this is a Ruf or a Singer because it's a Ruf. I was just wondering which Porsche based car would be most interesting to own; the Ruf or the Singer.

Poor sentence construction I made there in previous post I wrote. :D

I'd take the Singer like I'd take the original Yellowbird. It's very cool, but it's also a modern RUF & there's other current models I'd take first.

The Ruf looks like a 1/1 scale plastic toy.
That's it on the nose. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what's wrong with it, because there's no particular thing that I really don't like, and yet I really don't like it.

That's it on the nose. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what's wrong with it, because there's no particular thing that I really don't like, and yet I really don't like it.
Isn't that a paradox? :lol:

I think it's a combination of the extremely simple designs of the front lights, the big centre-lock wheels, and the simple shape. There are virtually no small details on the car, which makes it look very strange to my eye. It's one of the few instances where a more fussy design might actually look better.

Back