Alfa Magic. Post your Alfa Romeo's here.

• Thread starter alex10798
  • 297 comments
mlmDc7X.jpg

Burning Rain

So, i took a terrible picture of a drifting Alfa Romeo and i was going to call it Burning Rubber, but for some reason i thought I'd do a quick rain edit and call it Burning Rain instead...I lost interest in the edit after a few hours so i stopped, this is what's left, the usual crap but not too bad.

👍

^^:lol: Thanks:tup: A regular haunt! just out of frame is an Aston, next to that a Gallardo and then a couple of Spoons!!!
Just applied to rent the Green roofed hut in the background!:D

Amazing editing of the picture dude... The angle of sideways view in the photo, the imposing sense of motion and the fluent view of the road are all more than miraculous!

In 2009 Kazunori Yamauchi awarded the Gran Turismo Trophy to Bill Lyon at the Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegance for his 1966 Alfa Romeo TZ2, chassis no. 750.106. A beautiful car with a great racing history, enough for me to do an edit. In researching the subject, I found that the livery chosen by Lyon did not represent a race that the 705.106 had won. If I were to restore a racing car, I would use a winning livery. So, what's up? The livery used on racing cars could be different from season to season or even from race to race. This is to reflect the previous year's championship positions, changing sponsorship or even race requirements. After seeing the car in other liveries, my theory is that it was its most colorful when painted for the 1966 Targa Florio. Here, the car finished 2nd in class as no. 130. My edit is for the 1st in class finisher for that race and 4th overall, chassis 750.113, driven by Enrico Pinto and Nino Todaro. They drove 10 laps of the 45 mi (72 km) course in 7h:45m:24s on the italian island of Sicily as car no. 126.

Last edited:
Back