Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 Gran Sport Wins Gran Turismo Award at 2023 Pebble Beach Concours

• Thread starter Famine
  • 47 comments
A question for those with better classics knowledge than me - there's a 330 P4 on that list of Pebble Beach winners in the article, how much does that differ from the 330 P4 in the game?

Ask PD about their pointless restrictions, why should it be further inflated in later titles?
What is the benifit?
That's not what you said. You said there were always events to drive classic cars in. What event could I drive that classic car in, in said older GT game?

A question for those with better classics knowledge than me - there's a 330 P4 on that list of Pebble Beach winners in the article, how much does that differ from the 330 P4 in the game?
As far as i can see it's essentially the same. The Pebble Beach one (with the 7 number) is chassis #0856 and the Gran Turismo one (with the 21 number) is #0858

That's not what you said. You said there were always events to drive classic cars in. What event could I drive that classic car in, in said older GT game?
Nostalgic_Car_Festival.jpg

Nostalgic_1979.jpg

UNTITLED_-41A.jpg

Screenshot_20230823-014127.jpg

GT4_World_Classic_Car_Series (1).png

Japanese_70%27s_Classics.jpg

Screenshot_20230823-014905.jpg

Historic_Car_Cup.png

80s_Sports_Car_Cup.png

I'm sure there are more than this, but this only took me 10 minutes of my time to find.

Last edited:
Lad if you're just going to throw random "old car" events at me with no thought then I can do the same for you with the GT7 ones.

Why can't I use the 1937 Auto Union Audi in the Japanese 70s Classic Cup or American Muscle Championship in GT4?
Good question inspector! Have you tried using it in Gran Turismo Sport instead?

Considering you missed my entire point: You're looking at the old games with nostalgia goggles just so you can hate on the new one. You can't use that car in any event in GT4. I would happily argue cars have more suitable events in GT7 than many did in some older GT games.

Last edited:
Nice! Another Cr.20,000,000 car which has no events to be used/allowed in and no purpose/insentive to have included with minimal modifications, what a lovely paperweight to compliment this broken game structure.
Which is why Polyphony needs to put every car in the game as a rental car in Arcade Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, Custom Race and 2-Player Battle, besides increasing the number of career mode events, enhancing the in-game economy and bringing in more variety. Another would be massively overhauling the dealerships, especially in this case, Hagerty, in order to lessen "come and go" or whatever that mechanic is called.
Truly the best decision of all time👏
Fixed that for you, you forgot the word "best" used in a sarcastic manner.

Last edited:
It's basically the same car. Wasted award in my opinion. Even if it's the best car in the show he should've picked something else more unique to include in the game.

In fact even this year's award feels a bit similar to cars we already have (Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta '38) and the 2019 winner (Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Zagato '31). Yes I know one is called 6C and the others are 8C, but looks and performance wise, they're close relatives.

Would've loved the Talbot-Lago, Delahaye, Bugatti 57, or even the Lamborghini Espada to win instead.

And somewhat related, I wish they kept the SEMA awards going as well. The last one was awarded in 2018. Plus an award for Tokyo Auto Salon or something from the Eastern part of the world.

Pebble Beach - European classics & exotica
SEMA - American muscle & tuners
TAS - JDM culture

It's basically the same car. Wasted award in my opinion. Even if it's the best car in the show he should've picked something else more unique to include in the game.

In fact even this year's award feels a bit similar to cars we already have (Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Touring Berlinetta '38) and the 2019 winner (Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Zagato '31). Yes I know one is called 6C and the others are 8C, but looks and performance wise, they're close relatives.

Would've loved the Talbot-Lago, Delahaye, Bugatti 57, or even the Lamborghini Espada to win instead.

And somewhat related, I wish they kept the SEMA awards going as well. The last one was awarded in 2018. Plus an award for Tokyo Auto Salon or something from the Eastern part of the world.

Pebble Beach - European classics & exotica
SEMA - American muscle & tuners
TAS - JDM culture
The Award shouldn’t depend on which cars are missing in the game, the best car should win. But otherwise I agree, that Espada would be a great addition, i think one was scanned by PD some years ago.

The Award shouldn’t depend on which cars are missing in the game, the best car should win. But otherwise I agree, that Espada would be a great addition, i think one was scanned by PD some years ago.
There is already an award for Best in Show though. In the link I posted the 1937 Mercedes won it.

Gran Turismo award is purely Kaz' personal decision. Sure the best car should get it, but because it's for inclusion in the game he should also factor the uniqueness and how much value it would add to the game. It doesn't make sense to pick the 330 P4 again when we already have one. Anyway, I'm not Kaz and I can't change the past, so it is what it is.

Last edited:
Dunno about structure but they sure as hell need to bring back different names for events
WTC 700 or 600 are terrible names for events.
Or giving every other event thr name Sunday Cup or Clubman Cup.
I don't even know why call it Clubman Plus.Give it a different name for gods sake

Dunno about structure but they sure as hell need to bring back different names for events
WTC 700 or 600 are terrible names for events.
Or giving every other event thr name Sunday Cup or Clubman Cup.
I don't even know why call it Clubman Plus.Give it a different name for gods sake
It's stupid - makes the game feel like it has way fewer events than it does.
We have more events than GT5 now, but it certainly doesn't feel like it when half of them are Sunday Cups

No reason Clubman + or WTC600 can't be a Tuning Car Grand Prix (all the cars are tuned anyway) and there's no reason the American exclusive events can't be called Stars & Stripes when the limitations are near identical anyway.
It all makes the game seem like it has much less variety, which is especially problematic when it doesn't have much to begin with.

I hear that this might be powered by a 1.7-litre supercharged inline-6, but the main downside is that it could only have 63kW (85ps).

Look at the weight though. 920kg. Lighter than an MX-5… for 1930!

When it come to classic cars, gotta remember the history of when they were born. How these cars come about. Who built them. Many of these numbers are incredible for the time. Then, imagine the roads these cars drove on. Picture any modern car, with 1000hp on those old cobbles and dirt roads. Cars with 100bhp and under 1000kg are plenty back then. ;)

Back