• 33 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
auMXvhx.png
Pininfarina Giulia 1600 Sport Coupe '65
auMXvhx.png

file.php

Alfa Romeo had not produced a purpose-built racing car for almost a decade when Carlo Chiti's Autodelta rolled out the 'TZ' in June of 1962. In the years before the Italian manufacturer's racing cars were all modified and even re-bodied road cars. Autodelta was officially independent from Alfa Romeo but received considerably works support and was incorporated in 1964.

The 'TZ' abbreviation is short for Tubulare Zagato and refers to the tubular spaceframe chassis and aluminium body designed and manufactured by Zagato. In two slightly different versions, just over 100 examples were built. Not surprisingly a vast majority were clothed by Zagato but Autodelta did also supply two of the later, lower chassis to the 'carrozzeria's' rivals Bertone and Pininfarina.

Both companies decided to use the exceptionally low machine as a basis for a new show car. Bertone was in first with the 'Canguro' (Italian for kangaroo), launched at the 1964 Paris Motor Show. The highly acclaimed design was penned by Giorgietto Giugaro and shared its basic proportions with Zagato's original. Plans to produce a limited run were shot down by Alfa Romeo.

Pininfarina launched their take on the TZ a few months later, at the 1965 Turin Motorshow. Known as the Giulia 1600 Sport, the car featured a very distinct design. It was penned by the company's long-time designer Aldo Brovarone, who certainly reached his artistic peak in the mid-1960s, producing a serious of beautiful show and road cars. The Giulia 1600 Sport was certainly no exception.

Brovarone further accentuated the minimal height of the chassis, one of the very last produced, by using long overhangs and pronounced front fenders. Another distinct design cue is the crest on the engine cover, running from the Alfa Romeo badge back. It does not take much imagination to see that the design was a front-engined version of the Ferrari Dino concept shown that same year.

Both show cars were only very rarely seen since their launch. The Canguro was virtually destroyed during testing and only resurfaced in 2005. The history of the Giulia 1600 Sport is somewhat similar but quite in contrast, it has survived in remarkably original condition. Today both cars are owned by the same Japanese collector.

Shown for the first time for almost a decade, the unique Giulia 1600 Sport was brought out for the 2010 Concorso d'Eleganza Villa d'Este. In the courtyard of the exclusive hotel, the spectacular machine was reunited with Brovarone. The car's creator was on hand when the current owner received the FIVA award for the best preserved car in the concours.

Specs:

file.php

file.php

file.php

Vote for these other Giulias too:

It's so nice to see people follow me as the trendsetter on GTP.

By the way nice car, yes it was also on my long list.
Good choice!
:cheers:

I had some threads linked via pictures way before you started it. :sly:

:lol::lol::lol:

The first thread you used a picture and link to a thread was these one.

I didn't pick up the oldest thread of my, so you can see who was the first one.

Have a nice evening!

Last edited:
I know I have one way older than that, I won't bother looking for it as this little fight of ours is just pointless and ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Why ridiculous?
And it's not a fight, just facts ... just admit it like I admit you was the first one using the flags.
Simple he?

Why ridiculous?
And it's not a fight, just facts ... just admit it like I admit you was the first one using the flags.
Simple he?
It is ridiculous when both of us won't get anything from it.

If I wasn't so lazy I could go search for the post with the linked pictures
but I'd rather just let you stay with the credits.
8EZa0HK.gif

Just don't brag about these little things, I hate people who selfboost.
ux45vsl.gif

It is ridiculous when both of us won't get anything from it.

If I wasn't so lazy I could go search for the post with the linked pictures
but I'd rather just let you stay with the credits.
8EZa0HK.gif

Just don't brag about these little things, I hate people who selfboost.
ux45vsl.gif

You know, I have made my point and that's enough for me.
I rest my case and no hard feelings.
Have a nice day.
:cheers:

I never knew this Alfa Romeo existed. And I've got to say, that this beauty made me speechless. What a beautiful and rare Alfa Romeo!

Voted without any hesitation 👍

This car only having 15 votes so far while that stupid minibus has 14 just shows the conspiracy of StarLight Garage on these boards.
Please don't bring that up here, I think that anyone can see it by just noticing the 2/3 members that only comments and votes on his threads. :lol:

This car only having 15 votes so far while that stupid minibus has 14 just shows the conspiracy of StarLight Garage on these boards.
C'mon now play nice....
Yes that Alfa minibus is stupid, but remember, PDI's the one who did it first by including VW Sambabus....

You keep going on and on .... yes, the illuminati conspiracy.
By the way I'm one of them so watch your language.
Again there are no stupid cars here, none of them is stupid or ugly, so respect the people.

Greetings from HOLLAND!

Please don't bring that up here, I think that anyone can see it by just noticing the 2/3 members that only comments and votes on his threads. :lol:

Yes, you also have voted and since a while back you don't .... so is this a conspiracy against StarLight Garage?
Yes, and I have friends and they are free to vote on every car on GTP, but I will not ask them to vote on mine or others cars. They are to vote whatever they want.
And the three 2/3 members like you say which comments, they also vote on other cars ... you probably point your finger to CostasDrifter, CBarbosa?
Well they would be for sure very happy to read your message too.

Have a nice day.

And remember lads, in war there are no winners or losers only casualties!

Yes, you also have voted and since a while back you don't .... so is this a conspiracy against StarLight Garage?
It's not my fault you aren't suggesting cars that I like. ;)

And the three 2/3 members like you say which comments, they also vote on other cars ... you probably point your finger to CostasDrifter, CBarbosa?
Nope, but if you really want me to say names, it's Monatsende, Outeke and GRAMKUSTOM (sometimes), and I'm pretty sure there are more.

Nope, but if you really want me to say names, it's Monatsende, Outeke and GRAMKUSTOM (sometimes), and I'm pretty sure there are more.
I agree that these 3 only votes on his threads, maybe he paid them to do so. :sly:

Once again, everyone should remember that this board is a place to suggest cars, it's not supposed to be used as a place to stack up "likes" by convincing random people to always vote on every car you suggest.

Like I said those guys you are accusing are very genuine GTP members since the begin of GT5, those earned many years back RESPECT and they are indeed friend of my .... and I have like 100 friends on GTP, I which they all voted on my cars but they don't.

Anyway the only thing I can imagine is JEALOUSY!
:lol:

Like I said those guys you are accusing are very genuine GTP members since the begin of GT5, those earned many years back RESPECT and they are indeed friend of my .... and I have like 100 friends on GTP, I which they all voted on my cars but they don't.

Anyway the only thing I can imagine is JEALOUSY!
:lol:
Jealousy? Bitch please... I think that suggesting cars to future GT titles shouldn' be seen as competition, but it's clear you see it as one. The 3 guys I mentioned are genuine members? Sure they may be but that doesn't prevent you from bribing them in some way to always vote on whatever you post.

I think you don't need me to vote on your cars since you have your own minions. ;)

Jealousy? Bitch please... I think that suggesting cars to future GT titles shouldn' be seen as competition, but it's clear you see it as one. The 3 guys I mentioned are genuine members? Sure they may be but that doesn't prevent you from bribing them in some way to always vote on whatever you post.

I think you don't need me to vote on your cars since you have your own minions. ;)

If you guys don't see as competition, why do you care my friends only vote on my cars.
I don't see your problem.
First you say you don't like my cars and then you say I don't vote anymore on your cars.
Clearly a conspiracy against me in this case and this all is so pointless and ridiculous to.
Anyway think what you want I don't care.
If people want to vote on my cars that is fine if not that's fine too I really can bother what the result would.
I keep suggesting cars when I want and which makes I want so I will be here for a while and don't go way.

Those are my final words and from now on you keep talking to my hand.
Arrivederci!

@Tsukishima sorry for using your thread to post something out of the suggestion but after reading the all conversation above I have to to say something to @StarLight...

Never argue with s..... people, they will drag you down
to their level and then beat you with experience.

~Mark Twain

By the way, this a good looking Alfa so, voted!

Last edited:
Whatever you say, the problem I see with StarLight is that if PD really looked at this forum for cars to add in future GT titles and picked the cars by the order of which one has more likes we could probably end up getting some random not really wanted car that had its votes boosted because StarLight posted it, instead of something more desirable like a... Caparo?

This is just not right.

________

Oh and before I forget, sorry for all the S#&% that happened in this thread, @Tsukishima

Whatever you say, the problem I see with StarLight is that if PD really looked at this forum for cars to add in future GT titles and picked the cars by the order of which one has more likes we could probably end up getting some random not really wanted car that had its votes boosted because StarLight posted it, instead of something more desirable like a... Caparo?

This is just not right.

________

Oh and before I forget, sorry for all the S#&% that happened in this thread, @Tsukishima

I really don't want to start conversation with you but can't hold my self...Have you ever click this to see the most voted cars...? When you do, you'll understand how useless is your post.

2014-12-09_111751.jpg

THE END!

So what is your problem? It feels like your jealous that I vote mainly on StarLight's Garage.
I'm proud that I live in a free world, where I have the option to vote on any car I want to vote on.
If that's because of the car I like or just because it's the friend who suggested it, that is all up to me and my friends.

If you mind your own business and StarLight his, everybody can be happy.
In the end, it is PD that chooses the car's they want to be in the game.
It can be with 10 votes or with 1000 votes, nobody knows, only Kaz.

Anyway, this isn't the right place, as this is Tsukishima's thread with his suggested car.
I'll leave it to this single post, if you want to argue more, send me a PM.

Back