Alfa Romeo Name Returns to F1 Alongside Sauber in 2018

I just want the final car to have the Quadrifoglio logo

F1 cars powered by Alfa Romeo engines have rarely featured the quadrifoglio symbol, where as the factory teams often did. It's exclusion on this Sauber/Alfa may be for that reason.

F1 cars powered by Alfa Romeo engines have rarely featured the quadrifoglio symbol, where as the factory teams often did. It's exclusion on this Sauber/Alfa may be for that reason.

I thought it was definitely there on most of the 80s cars*, and certainly there on the 50s cars, and it was there on last year's car (Ferrari). I wouldn't say it was "rarely" there.

EDIT: Not with the Benetton livery though, as far as I can tell.

bruno_giacomelli__united_states_1980__by_f1_history-d5q0ax1.jpg

I thought it was definitely there on most of the 80s cars*, and certainly there on the 50s cars, and it was there on last year's car (Ferrari). I wouldn't say it was "rarely" there.

EDIT: Not with the Benetton livery though, as far as I can tell.

View attachment 697440

Only appeared on a couple of 80s Marlboro era Alfa’s and not at all on any of the Brabhams, from what I can tell. Corporate identity and brand history didn’t mean what it does today. Getting sponsors to pay to put their name on the side of the car was the order of the day.

It's quite a minimalistic livery but I absolutely like it, job well done!

Ferrari already has the full red so it's great that Alfa goes partially red. And to keep the focus on that red it makes most sense to have the rest of the livery mostly white.

It's perfect IMO.

I think the Alfa Romeo thing is just a livery thing with a lot of money but nice to see Sauber get some financial help.

I think the matter had been resolved some time before the Alfa Romeo deal was made public.

Could well have been the first stepping stone in bringing the marque back to F1 and turning Sauber into pretty much a Ferrari B-team.

f1-alfa-romeo-sauber-livery-unveil-2017-alfa-romeo-museum.jpg

I like it - classic styling, plain and simple livery, the Alfa logo is clear and uncluttered, and it will probably score more points than last year's Sauber.

Back