all in favor of not complaining about oversteer say aye

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 53 comments
  • 2,760 views

all in favor of not complaining about oversteer

  • aye

    Votes: 71 89.9%
  • nay (i do not know how to be smooth yet or know how to countersteer or gets on gas to early)

    Votes: 8 10.1%

  • Total voters
    79
Messages
421
Messages
Brainhulk
All the hard work and time we as a community have put in to get realistic oversteer makes me very proud.

We have grown up from being noob racers in gran turismo 1-5 needing the artificial understeer, to competent game drivers. I still think the game is still on the forgiving side.

Pls dont throw it all away by complaining about the new oversteer in GT6.

May you all be smooth with your inputs and lightning quick with your countersteer :cheers:
 
so its not just me being heavy on the throttle!?
 
At the very least, I don't feel like having a different set of physics every month to adjust to so I'd rather it stayed like this.
 
This is a post from GENERALSAVANT (from another thread --- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looks-like-the-audi-r8-its-broken.293304/page-2#post-9072826)

"You really shouldn't need to, I raced an R8, it was bone stock but it drives like it's on rails in real life, the game not so much. IRL It turns very flat and neutral with almost no body roll and you can get back on power hard and fast.
I think there's a MR issue in GT6."

He drove the real car, IRL, and he´s confirming that there´s something odd here. I don´t think that we should say "realistic oversteer" so easily.
 
I love the new physics, they just need to fix the MR cars so they are drivable without requiring a tune and setup
 
This is a post from GENERALSAVANT (from another thread --- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looks-like-the-audi-r8-its-broken.293304/page-2#post-9072826)

"You really shouldn't need to, I raced an R8, it was bone stock but it drives like it's on rails in real life, the game not so much. IRL It turns very flat and neutral with almost no body roll and you can get back on power hard and fast.
I think there's a MR issue in GT6."

He drove the real car, IRL, and he´s confirming that there´s something odd here. I don´t think that we should say "realistic oversteer" so easily.

Probably because IRL that car was on R compounds. In game probably sport hards...
 
This is a post from GENERALSAVANT (from another thread --- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looks-like-the-audi-r8-its-broken.293304/page-2#post-9072826)

"You really shouldn't need to, I raced an R8, it was bone stock but it drives like it's on rails in real life, the game not so much. IRL It turns very flat and neutral with almost no body roll and you can get back on power hard and fast.
I think there's a MR issue in GT6."

He drove the real car, IRL, and he´s confirming that there´s something odd here. I don´t think that we should say "realistic oversteer" so easily.
Define "race"
Racing the car at its limit? Where the tires are screaming in every turn?
Or is it only going fast on a race track, but slowing down quite a lot before the turn, because its not your car, and you're not a race car driver either?

:P
 
I think there is something fishy here (At least with the R8... i dont know about the others). If the car were like that in real life, germany would have a big monument to the brave souls who dared to try to drive an R8 and were killed (100% of them by the way) in the first few kilometers.

If you look at the reviews on youtube, everyone praises the real car for its amazing handling, not for being a thirsty car looking for blood.

But... maybe i dont know... After all im just a guy who drive a skoda :P
 
I don't know about *oversteer* specifically but many MR cars do seem way harder to drive than they should be.

Edit : If I had to venture a guess I'd say the tire model may still have some serious issues about grip loss transitioning.
 
I don't think he did drive the car in real life.

Secondly I'm not aware of any work anyone on this site has done to get realistic over-steer, unless you count posting on the subject which can't really be counted as "hard work"!
 
Nevermind, didn't read correctly
 
Last edited:
This is a post from GENERALSAVANT (from another thread --- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/looks-like-the-audi-r8-its-broken.293304/page-2#post-9072826)

"You really shouldn't need to, I raced an R8, it was bone stock but it drives like it's on rails in real life, the game not so much. IRL It turns very flat and neutral with almost no body roll and you can get back on power hard and fast.
I think there's a MR issue in GT6."

He drove the real car, IRL, and he´s confirming that there´s something odd here. I don´t think that we should say "realistic oversteer" so easily.
HAHAHA How do I get dragged into this stuff...
 
I don't think he did drive the car in real life.

I think that it´s a matter of opinion. I can´t say for sure that he did, as I can´t deny it either.

I believe him, just to make it clear.

If anything, I think that he adds something useful to the topic.


(not being rude or anything, btw... my english is quite basic... please excuse me)
 
Define "race"
Racing the car at its limit? Where the tires are screaming in every turn?
Or is it only going fast on a race track, but slowing down quite a lot before the turn, because its not your car, and you're not a race car driver either?

:p
Let's meet up sometime.... Edit: In real life
 
Last edited:
Anyone driving with simulator physics? And how are the arcade physics? same snap oversteer?
 
Sorry GENERALSAVANT, I misread the post in the other thread, I thought you were saying that the other bloke should try driving one IRL, not that you actually had.
 
Oversteer = good

Understeer = bad
 
The cars are all heavily dialed to understeer through corner entry. You can just get power oversteer on corner exit with TCS off way easier. Probably because they made the tires less grippy. But the cars are very understeer heavy by default. TTO and TBO are practically non existent making the cars incredibly stagnant at turn in to apex.

The problem with the tires breaking lose so easily in corner exit is the tires overheat instantly the second there is aggressive slip or tire spin, so the grip plummets making it go from a bit of power on oversteer to snap oversteer.

It is the worst of both situations. Numb corner entry with lots of understeer, terrible snap corner exit oversteer.
 
Last edited:
I drive a Ford Ranger 4x4, not really made for track day even if its tuned :lol:

That's fine, I have friends with radical's and formula fords, you might have to pay but I can get us equal machinery and a crowd that would love to watch.👍 We could do a cute montage video and up it up in a forum.
 
Anyone driving with simulator physics? And how are the arcade physics? same snap oversteer?
Snap oversteer is an understatement, some of these cars are just ridiculous. I like oversteer as much as the next guy, Yellowbird, BTR are among my favourite cars, but some of these cars are just ridiculous. The Cizeta Anniv version for example. I had someone watching me drive and she said the difference between a spin and a decent corner was about 1/8" of wheel movement.

Yes they can be driven, anything can be driven. But are they "right" physics wise? IMO no. If they were there roads would be littered with the hulks of crashed supercars just going to the corner store for groceries:lol:

Now that I think about it I have some "proof" that these cars aren't right. Take an RGT and run if for a few laps on stock tires. Then take the Cizeta 15th Anniv. These cars have near identical weight distribution, within 1 point either way and only 6 years apart so they should feel similar although the Cizeta might have slightly less grip if PD programmed the tires as being a few years older.

Now tell me something isn't wrong:lol:
 
Last edited:
Snap oversteer is an understatement, some of these cars are just ridiculous. I like oversteer as much as the next guy, Yellowbird, BTR are among my favourite cars, but some of these cars are just ridiculous. The Cizeta Anniv version for example. I had someone watching me drive and she said the difference between a spin and a decent corner was about 1/8" of wheel movement.

Yes they can be driven, anything can be driven. But are they "right" physics wise? IMO no. If they were there roads would be littered with the hulks of crashed supercars just going to the corner store for groceries:lol:
It actually his!! 💡
https://www.google.ca/search?q=supe...hqORB4-jgKAG&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=934
 
That's fine, I have friends with radical's and formula fords, you might have to pay but I can get us equal machinery and a crowd that would love to watch.👍 We could do a cute montage video and up it up in a forum.
I'd like some time in a Radical :bowdown: (for free :dopey:)
 
HBK
I don't know about *oversteer* specifically but many MR cars do seem way harder to drive than they should be.

Edit : If I had to venture a guess I'd say the tire model may still have some serious issues about grip loss transitioning.
thats right, because after 5 days testing the lambo only, its absolutly the new tire model, the racing slicks soft makes it worse!
 
I don't have my copy yet. So I have no idea. But I imagine that this is a problem as I see more than just a few people complaining about this.
 
Back