All pit engineer messagesPS4 

Belgium
Belgium
I'm not sure if there already is a thread for this but I'd like to have a kind of list with all the things the pit engineer can say to you. With this I don't mean the things like "Green, green, green!", I mean the special ones. The ones you've only heard a couple of times. I've only had one to this date namely, "We're having trouble restarting the car because the battery is empty..." I can't remember what else he said. Anyway thanks on beforehand.

"What are you doing, you idiot? Get out of the car before you kill someone."

"Blue Flag. Blue Flag. Blue Flag. Blue Flag. Blue Flag. Blue Flag. Blue Flag. Blue Flag. Blue Flag. Blue Flag. Blue Flag. Blue Flag."

I'd like to hear some of the obscure ones because he's never said anything useful to me. It seems to be a pointless feature and is starting to get annoying. I think I'll be turning it off soon.

Something like the crew chief from GTR2, who actually tells you if you are entering a yellow flag sector, etc, would be nice, and good for people who race full hardcore with no HUD as well.

My engineer is mad! He says 'You're coming up on some backmarkers' when the backmarker is in the pits!
He tells me my lap times are erratic when I had a lap 2s slower because I passed backmarkers, but tells my Bob he has good pace when he runs a lap 10s slower than me!

My engineer is mad! He says 'You're coming up on some backmarkers' when the backmarker is in the pits!
He tells me my lap times are erratic when I had a lap 2s slower because I passed backmarkers, but tells my Bob he has good pace when he runs a lap 10s slower than me!
Clearly you know which driver they 'll keep for next season.
Be strong.

"This is the last lap. Try and catch the car in front of you" Not that unusual but he said it as I was passing the car he was talking about.

Once he told me I had a good pace after going off track on 2 laps in a row and posting horrible times then I posted a time that was like 6 seconds faster and he says my times are erratic.

When he looks like mad about something and yell "C'mon! You can do this" when you're opening the quali lap

Last edited:
In qualifying, during a hot lap, just passing the pit exit:

"Blue flag, blue flag, better let them pass !"

After a bit of paint swapping, passing another car while cutting a chicane over the grass:

"Great pass mate, good job"

Or can he be sarcastic ? :D

Sarcastic would be funny. You are in first place and he tells you that " you have been black flagged " or " get in for a tyre change on the last lap". Or " MIND THE BEND".

What I've been noticing lately is that instead of speaking to you on the straigths he almost always speaks to you when you're in a corner, in the middle of an overtake battle or when you're in a braking zone. I just HATE that. SMS, please change this.

Last edited:
I find my guy has a slight delay, I'd line myself up for a pass, over take, then he gives me advice on how to pass A little late :lol:.

I'd love to have the option to have engineer audio come through the TV speakers/surround system instead of the DS4 speaker.

FS7
I'd love to have the option to have engineer audio come through the TV speakers/surround system instead of the DS4 speaker.
Turn your DS4 off in the PS4 power saving menu.
Then the sound comes trough your audio system.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Turn your DS4 off in the PS4 power saving menu.
Then te sound comes trough your adio system.
I went in the power saving settings and there's no option to turn the DS4 speaker off.
There's topics on this issue on the official Pcars forums, afaik there's no way to fix that atm, SMS would have to release a patch to include the option to have the engineer audio come through the TV/surround system (GTA5 has that option).

FS7
I went in the power saving settings and there's no option to turn the DS4 speaker off.
There's topics on this issue on the official Pcars forums, afaik there's no way to fix that atm, SMS would have to release a patch to include the option to have the engineer audio come through the TV/surround system (GTA5 has that option).
Well, my DS4 is standby for about 10' and in that time the pit messages go through its speaker.
Then it shuts off (you even get the message on your screen) and from that moment, the sound goes through the audio set (5.1 THX surround in my case).

Like I said: go look in the power saving settings of the PS4.
To make it easier for you:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/controlleroff.html

Last edited:
Well, my DS4 is standby for about 10' and in that time the pit messages go through its speaker.
Then it shuts off (you even get the message on your screen) and from that moment, the sound goes through the audio set (5.1 THX surround in my case).

Like I said: go look in the power saving settings of the PS4.
To make it easier for you:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/ps4/settings/controlleroff.html
You're joking, right? How am I supposed to play races with the DS4 turned off?

FS7
No, I'm not joking, I was trying to help.
How am I supposed to know that you drive with the controller ?
You should have mentioned that.
If you need the controller to drive, there is obviously no way to get the pit audio through your audio system.

FS7

From the Project Cars forum:

----------
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by VBR
I think if you turn the DS4's volume all the way to 0 on the PS4's settings.

Answer from another guy:
I do that, as well as dimming the lightbar. I also use the officially licensed battery clip-on pack and get around 12hrs between charges.
----------

My pit engineer doesn't seem to think the AI are very good!
He keeps telling me to watch out as the cars in front of me are going to have an accident!
:lol:

No, I'm not joking, I was trying to help.
How am I supposed to know that you drive with the controller ?
You should have mentioned that.
If you need the controller to drive, there is obviously no way to get the pit audio through your audio system.
Are you saying that if you use a wheel, you still need the DS4 controller to be able to hear the pit messages?

It would be nice if the engineer warned you about tyre and brake temps, I don't think I've heard him say anything useful yet.

I found a trick to get the pit engineer audio to a headphone/surround system, but it can be annoying. You just need to connect your headphone/surround system with the DS4's 3.5mm audio jack and then go to the controller settings to change the setting that says "chataudio" to "all audio"

After qualification finished... Engineer:You are just behind top three.Good work.
My position......22.

Last lap,3rd sector of the track..''You are just 5 seconds behind.Keep pushing''.

5th position during a race and the car behind made his move and overtakes me.
Engineer:You are on P6...Great move.

I don't have a PS4 but after cutting one corner too many during a desperate race at Laguna Seca the pit engineer warned me to "keep it on the island" whatever that means.

Back