All Playstation Plus members.

United States
conneaut lake
thrillbillie12
If you have not already checked on the April update for the ps plus aide of psn, Shift 2 is one of the free games this month. This upsets me being I just picked it up two weeks ago, lol. Just thought I would give a heads up, even for anyone that didn't want to spend money on it why not try it out for free.

That's pretty unfortunate. Did you buy a hard copy? Maybe you could take it back with the receipt.

Yeah I got it two weeks ago as well. A bit disappointed but then again its a hard copy and doesn't require too much space compared to the digital dl.

Emman1984
So now that you got Shift 2 do you think it fun ? and how is online is it still active ?

I think its a blast. It took a bit of time to get used to but its fun in my book. And I play with a few guys on my friends list, also there should be a boost in online this month with everyone that's going to download it.

s15240drifter
I think its a blast. It took a bit of time to get used to but its fun in my book. And I play with a few guys on my friends list, also there should be a boost in online this month with everyone that's going to download it.

I have the game I just gave up cause all I need is the online trophies and it so hard to boost if no one play it online I guess from your post I'll give it another try

Emman1984
I have the game I just gave up cause all I need is the online trophies and it so hard to boost if no one play it online I guess from your post I'll give it another try

Ya if inferno pool gives you any idea, before it was a ps plus freebie there was no one online, hit ps plus and online boosted tremendously and its dead again this week.

So just give a few days and check online. Worst come to worst add me on psn and I will help you with some trophies.

s15240drifter
Ya if inferno pool gives you any idea, before it was a ps plus freebie there was no one online, hit ps plus and online boosted tremendously and its dead again this week.

So just give a few days and check online. Worst come to worst add me on psn and I will help you with some trophies.

Really well I just need King of the hills and 10 hours of online play now but King of the hills is the hard one I can't pass

Emman1984
Really well I just need King of the hills and 10 hours of online play now but King of the hills is the hard one I can't pass

Away from the ps3 but what is the king of the hills trophy.

It's definitely got the "fun" factor, and lots of offline playability, thanks in a huge part to actual competitive AI. Sure, the handling is tricky, to put it mildly, but once you get used to it becomes much more rewarding than GT5's "stick a set of super-sticky tyres on any car and you'll win" kind of mentality.
There's also a much bigger sense of satisfaction when you inevitably crash your car, and you end up racing the rest of the race in pretty much a bare frame.

Smuttysy
It's definitely got the "fun" factor, and lots of offline playability, thanks in a huge part to actual competitive AI. Sure, the handling is tricky, to put it mildly, but once you get used to it becomes much more rewarding than GT5's "stick a set of super-sticky tyres on any car and you'll win" kind of mentality.
There's also a much bigger sense of satisfaction when you inevitably crash your car, and you end up racing the rest of the race in pretty much a bare frame.

Yeah the handling is crazy hard after playing GT5 for so long, but once you get it, it's manageable. As for your comparison to gt5 though I find it off in that what makes shift2 competitive is the aforementioned handling and cheap AI. They'll stop mid-turn, Ram you into walls, etc. but I can cope. I do love the tuning however(yay ae86 engine upgrades!) what Im really stoked for though is Finally I can drift Ebisu! I'm glad I got this free, I would not have paid for it though, and it's not overall better than GT5 or Forza.

Omfg they have Irwindale on Shift2?!?(Does happy dance!) while the control/Handling is tricky, I'm willing to put in the work now! Please they have the drift track from formula D..... :)

tribolik
Even if you buy the 3 months Playstation plus for 15 euros (+/-) you still get free games?

Yes, but keep in mind that when your plus subscription runs out you will lose all your free games you DL'd through Plus.

So its more like a 3 month lease? that sucks...

Still, I bought a 3 month plan and I'm on my 2nd month now. In June I plan to renew for a year because its been a great service.

Also worth mentioning that if your membership lapses, it just means you can't play it til you renew. You don't "lose" it as such unless you delete it from your HD.

I downloaded this today, I do like it but to me it doesn't seem to be so much an issue with the handling, as the response time. It seems to take about half a second to react to your steering, throttle and brakes, and the challenge seems to be more pre-empting the adjustments, which means (so far anyway) I never feel like i'm fully controlling the car, just kinda guiding it.

I've looked at the options but doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the sensitivity, am I missing something? And how is it with a wheel?

Awful game, just awful.
Can't believe how bad the driving physics are, GTAIV has waaaaaaaaaaay better driving physics and that pretty much sums up my opinion on S2U, waste of 6gb.
I used pad, I won't get anywhere near an arcade game with my wheel that's for sure.

Also worth mentioning that if your membership lapses, it just means you can't play it til you renew. You don't "lose" it as such unless you delete it from your HD.

I downloaded this today, I do like it but to me it doesn't seem to be so much an issue with the handling, as the response time. It seems to take about half a second to react to your steering, throttle and brakes, and the challenge seems to be more pre-empting the adjustments, which means (so far anyway) I never feel like i'm fully controlling the car, just kinda guiding it.

I've looked at the options but doesn't seem to be any way to adjust the sensitivity, am I missing something? And how is it with a wheel?

On the main menu under option you can go advance and play around with sensitivity setting. After playing with those I have cut back on some issues.

And to the user asking about if ps plus is worth it. If you buy the year membership at $50 usd for me, you get a free $20 dollar ps3 game every month, plus a free ps1 and psn game, not to mention all the free minis and free everything. If your membership runs out, you just can playany game in till you renew. In my mind its 100 percent worth it.

Agreed, PS+ is excellent value. The only small concern I have with it is when things move on and they stop doing it for the PS3 (perhaps when the PS4 has been around a while) will the games unlock permanently, so we can keep them?

Thanks for the control settings tip, not sure why I couldn't find that!

EDIT: Actually although there are tons of options, I find the menus and race screens pretty confusing! But hey, i'm used to that =)

Last edited:
Tyger
Agreed, PS+ is excellent value. The only small concern I have with it is when things move on and they stop doing it for the PS3 (perhaps when the PS4 has been around a while) will the games unlock permanently, so we can keep them?

Thanks for the control settings tip, not sure why I couldn't find that!

EDIT: Actually although there are tons of options, I find the menus and race screens pretty confusing! But hey, i'm used to that =)

I don't get the feeling PS+ is going away for PS4. It's been a pretty cool program with tons of great games. I have at least 25 games not including the ones I got when PSN was down.

I'm not saying it'll go as such, but it inevitably will for the PS3, so what happens to the downloaded games then? Or perhaps it will be the same membership for PS3 and PS4 so the downloaded games will remain playable on the PS3.

EDIT: Anyway this is off-topic! Still enjoying Shift 2 but still struggling with the laggy steering.

Last edited:
Tyger
I'm not saying it'll go as such, but it inevitably will for the PS3, so what happens to the downloaded games then? Or perhaps it will be the same membership for PS3 and PS4 so the downloaded games will remain playable on the PS3.

EDIT: Anyway this is off-topic! Still enjoying Shift 2 but still struggling with the laggy steering.

Same with me but after seeing the settings on GTPlanet and PS3Trophies.com I learn how to drive on pro with all aids off thank you very much GTPlanet Community

Back