All The Cars in the Gran Turismo Movie (and How Likely They Are to Come to the Game)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 47 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
I'm actually expecting the Ariya in a future update—it's heavily referenced in the Scapes description of the newly added Nissan locations in the last update (1.38), and a lot of the testing facilities look like they're meant for an SUV (like the inclines, snowy roads, etc..).

I haven't watched the movie, so please forgive me for asking: are the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 992 and Aston Martin Vantage GT12 actually in–game models? Or did they just overlay the game HUD onto real life footage?

I haven't watched the movie, so please forgive me for asking: are the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 992 and Aston Martin Vantage GT12 actually in–game models? Or did they just overlay the game HUD onto real life footage?
It's extremely hard to tell; the Aston looks more "gamey" than the 992, but they're both in a GT7 race with some regular GT7 cars and at regular GT7 angles. The race is also at Le Mans, where they didn't film.
Not sure why the 992 Cup wouldn't be added simply as what it is IRL, a one make racecar. The 992 GT3 R would be the obvious choice for an RSR replacement / successor.
Yeah, but this is GT7 where a bunch of GTE and GT3 cars make up Gr.3. There's no one-make race cars at all so - if it were added - it'd most likely go into Gr.3 and be a Porsche selection for World Series Manufacturers Cup instead of the RSR.

I'm quite impressed that they managed to find and use a surviving Mine's R34, that's really cool.
All the original cars are still around. Supercar Advocates in Australia has 2 of them now, & Mine's still retains their original demo. 1 of the customer cars was also just recently seen at V-Spec Performance in Blackburn, AU.

Last edited:
The Megane Trophy is a One Make car, but that’s stuck in Gr.4. Audi TT Cup is another, but there have been an Audi TT GT4 at the debut of GT4 European(Belgium) Series.

And what's the class they fit into in the game?

GT has no one-make race cars, because there are no categories for one-make race cars and no provision for one-make racing except that which you can do with every car in the game by selecting "One-Make" in Custom Race. Race cars go in Gr.1, Gr.2, Gr.3, Gr.4, or Gr.B, where they can race with any other cars in those categories.

For reference the Radical SR3 SL is a road car. It's in the name (SL = "Street Legal"). You'll also find it "tagged" as a #Road Car in the game. The other four are tagged as #Racing Car (also there's a Gr.3 version of the RS01, which seems to be something right out of the Redundant Department of Redundancy), but they're also not in any of the actual racing car categories, so can race in any event open to any "#Racing Car" but not events limited to the racing categories.

As I said in the rest of my post, a 911 GT3 Cup car, if it comes to the game, will go into Gr.3 alongside the GTE-based RSR - and likely replace it as the loaner for the World Series Manufacturers Cup. That's pretty much because anything near enough to Gr.3 specs gets rammed in there.

And what's the class they fit into in the game?
PD puts them in "Group X" but there's no reason they actually need to be in a class.

And yes there's no provision for one make races except for a one make race. :lol: That's what happens in real life too.

PD puts them in "Group X" but there's no reason they actually need to be in a class.
There's no Gr.X in Gran Turismo 7...
And yes there's no provision for one make races except for a one make race. :lol: That's what happens in real life too.
No, not really.

Every car in GT is, by that standard, a one-make race car, because it can be selected for a one-make race in Custom Race (or a Daily Race). There is no other provision for one-make racing. There's no category (or categories) for one-make race cars. Across the entire single-player game there's no one-make racing. There is no car (except one I'm vaguely aware of as being a glitch) that can only be raced against other identical cars.

There's really only two possibilities: it's a Gr.3 car, or it gets a "#Racing Car" tag and doesn't go into any racing category and becomes just another car in the game. Being added "simply as what it is IRL, a one make racecar" isn't a possibility, because there's no provision for this in GT7 - which answers your original musing on why they wouldn't do that.

Oh now I understand, you thought I meant that it would only be allowed to race against other 911 Cup cars. That wasn't what I meant, and would be sort of a ridiculous suggestion considering what Gran Turismo is. So let me amend my previous idea to "simply put the car in the game as what it is."

Perfect timing for the article, I just watched the film last night! I would love to see the Ligier JS PX come to the game at some point, as well as some of the others mentioned.

This game could definitely use more content now. Personally would love more tracks. Real world if possible. I’d even pay for a track pack.

This article was a nice read. I wish the speculations stayed with the circuits featured in the movie and the real life locations used for filming. Slovakia Ring would make an awesome Gr.1 circuit, and Dubai Autodrome is long due for an appearance given many past GT Academy alumni have entered endurance races held there after succeeding from the GT Academy itself. If I'm not mistaken it was also the training venue for the Middle East spin-off of GT Academy when the program started opening to more territories.

I still think that both Aston Martin Vantage GT12 and Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 992 are strangely specific choices too add for „ingame” scenes in movie. I think both cars are coming and both will be great.

I woul love to see Huracan STO tough.

The Vantage looks weird to me. It looks 'gamey' but not in the sense that it's part of the game, but rather in the sense that it looks like it has been CGI'd in on top of the game.
It doesn't seem to properly match the lighting of the rest of the scene, and it just looks a bit 'off'

Last edited:
The Vantage looks weird to me. It looks 'gamey' but not in the sense that it's part of the game, but rather in the sense that it looks like it has been CGI'd in on top of the game.
It doesn't seem to properly match the lighting of the rest of the scene, and it just looks a bit 'off'

Maybe. But still highly specific choice especially that they could do this scene easier with just using cars actually in game :)

There is no car (except one I'm vaguely aware of as being a glitch) that can only be raced against other identical cars.
Do you perhaps mean the Racing Kart 125 Shifter? As far as I'm aware, the Kart can only be raced against other Karts, and can't even change tyres or take fuel in a pit stop.

If there's a glitch that lets Karts run against anything else in the game, I'd quite like to know it if you don't mind sharing :)

Do you perhaps mean the Racing Kart 125 Shifter? As far as I'm aware, the Kart can only be raced against other Karts, and can't even change tyres or 2take fuel in a pit stop.

If there's a glitch that lets Karts run against anything else in the game, I'd quite like to know it if you don't mind sharing :)
You should be able to race against cars at the Nurburgring WTC600 event in the kart. Might be the only place that allows you to do so.

I don’t think its fast enough to bully the AI with it anymore, though. (Photo is from Aug 22, 2022)

aca63a31adde1d6ad0f5785f38a2bc0d_photo.webp

--
All EVs in custom races forces one-make/identical cars iirc. You should still be able to select them for other events in game, however.

Probably the same for non-grouped VGTs as well.

Back