All the Cars in the World v2

How much can this be narrowed down? Like, as far as tracking minute year-to-year changes in appearance & performance (remember even a slightly different style of headlights/taillights, bumpers, spoiler, etc. can affect weight and aerodynamics slightly), weeding out non-functional concept cars, prototypes, and mockups (i.e. GT-R Proto, which was missing its interior and probably its engine), or tracking options availability (see comment for year-to-year changes)? Also placing race cars in a seperate lists, with organization by series/sanctioning body.

I have an idea. It's GT6 related.

How much can this be narrowed down? Like, as far as tracking minute year-to-year changes in appearance & performance (remember even a slightly different style of headlights/taillights, bumpers, spoiler, etc. can affect weight and aerodynamics slightly), weeding out non-functional concept cars, prototypes, and mockups (i.e. GT-R Proto, which was missing its interior and probably its engine), or tracking options availability (see comment for year-to-year changes)? Also placing race cars in a seperate lists, with organization by series/sanctioning body.

I have an idea. It's GT6 related.

What's the idea?

Well, since Kaz & crew have proved themselves so inadequate at designing car lists for their games (i.e. they think people actually want to drive a Citroen 2CV or Fiat 500F in a video game, or have a 3:2 ratio of Japanese cars to everything else), this site could cook up an extremely precise list of all the possible cars in the world and then use some kind of voting process to design a suggested GT6 (or probably 7, by the time it gets done) car list, then mail it in. Only problem is, the voting panel would have to be selected carefully to avoid another overabundance of the aforementioned sub-100hp economy cars, or of green cars and hybrids.

I took a quick look at the list of Mercury and I see that 4 of the ones I used to own are not there.

69 Cougar XR7
71 Cougar XR7
66 Comet Capri
84 Cougar XR7

There are 4 XR7s listed but just so you know to the best of my knowledge they made the XR7 every year from 1967 to 1996

I took a quick look at the list of Mercury and I see that 4 of the ones I used to own are not there.

69 Cougar XR7
71 Cougar XR7
66 Comet Capri
84 Cougar XR7

There are 4 XR7s listed but just so you know to the best of my knowledge they made the XR7 every year from 1967 to 1996
Thanks, I'll research that.

It's full of people who like cars. All cars. Without prejudice.

The devious bastards.

Still hard to believe the quote Shem posted. "SRT Viper? Ferrari F50? Nope, I'll take a stupid old Fiat with as much power as a lawn tractor and drive it around for an hour!"

I know. Isn't it amazing he rejected a Ferrari that isn't in the game and picked a car he wanted to drive before rejecting it as a hateful crapbox based on some numbers on a screen and no experience?

That maniac.

I know. Isn't it amazing he rejected a Ferrari that isn't in the game and picked a car he wanted to drive before rejecting it as a hateful crapbox based on some numbers on a screen and no experience?

That maniac.

I was more referring to the implication that someone might actually want that heap in GT6, which very well might have an F50 and an SRT Viper (it certainly should).

I was more referring to the implication that someone might actually want that heap in GT6, which very well might have an F50 and an SRT Viper (it certainly should).

Excellent, I can recycle a post I made just hours ago:

It doesn't work that way. Excluding X car doesn't necessarily mean Y car will be included.

Racing in slow cars can teach you far more about proper lines and conservation of speed.

If you can't win a race in 60hp machines, what makes you think you can with 600hp?

And basing it on having driven it rather than some numbers and no experience too!

Why I'm surprised he's allowed out without supervision.

Hmm. Something's not quite clicking. Maybe a Venn Diagram will help.

venndiagram_zps043be608.jpg

If you can't win a race in 60hp machines, what makes you think you can with 600hp?

I never said I couldn't win with such a car, but the real question is why would you even want to remember a car so underpowered it makes a Volkswagen Beetle look fast?

About the only benefit that car would have in GT6 would be to keep the bar set low so lawnmower racing could be added. At least that has a modicum of humor value.

Once again, you fail to see the point and you fail to see the incongruency of your arguements.

You like one thing. Someone else likes another thing. People like different things.

Why can you not grasp this very, very basic precept?

I dunno. It was pretty easy winning races with a 600hp Dodge Ram in GT4 against the 60hp cars the game pitted you up against when you drove it.

Ah, the joys of the game basing everything off power/weight ratios :lol:

I never said I couldn't win with such a car, but the real question is why would you even want to remember a car so underpowered it makes a Volkswagen Beetle look fast?

Because racing with the conservation of speed in mind is a unique (one might dare to say fun) challenge.

About the only benefit that car would have in GT6 would be to keep the bar set low so lawnmower racing could be added. At least that has a modicum of humor value.

I refuse to believe you know what humour even is.

The Kubelwagen is a whole other issue. Sort of. In addition to being unable to reach highway speeds without modification, it was chosen over the better-known and far superior Willys Jeep for no reason I can even begin to imagine.

Which brings me back to what I said about Kaz & co. not knowing how to carlist...

I refuse to believe you know what humour even is.
I dunno. Last week he was saying that expensive fast cars are for people who don't know/care about cars, but slow-ass drek like a Pontuick Generowhale was awesome because some guy once made one faster than an expensive fast car for a few minutes.

It's pretty much not possible to hold both opinions at once with a straight brain and straight face. One has to give.
The Kubelwagen is a whole other issue. Sort of. In addition to being unable to reach highway speeds without modification, it was chosen over the better-known and far superior Willys Jeep for no reason I can even begin to imagine.
You should join the TSA with that kind of imagination.

It was either:
They didn't know about it or
They didn't want it or
They couldn't licence it or
They couldn't get hold of one to scan

Same four reasons any other car not to be in a Gran Turismo game hasn't been in a Gran Turismo game.

I dunno. Last week he was saying that expensive fast cars are for people who don't know/care about cars, but slow-ass drek like a Pontuick Generowhale was awesome because some guy once made one faster than an expensive fast car for a few minutes.

It's pretty much not possible to hold both opinions at once with a straight brain and straight face. One has to give.

What Generowhale was I talking about?

I was thinking more along the lines of a GTO or a Firebird, which have a decent turn of speed from the factory anyway. If they want to put a Gran Safari or whatever in GT6 though, I won't try to stop them, it's better than a literal tin can.

(Cruddy car fun fact: did you know the Citroen 2CV had no door or ignition locks?)

Back