All Your Base's Attempt at the Nurburgring 24 Hours (COMING SOON)

Which car should I use?

• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda Raybrig NSX (JGTC) '00

• Something else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
North Korea
With Kim Jong Un
Hello guys, and I will be attempting some, if not most, of the endurance races all in A-Spec in Gran Turismo 4 before Gran Turismo Sport comes out in November. I will be getting the Nurburgring 24 Hours endurance out of the way first because I know all of you would like to see someone tackle 24 hours around the Green Hell in some obscure race car. I am open to car suggestions, however, it is extremely unlikely I will use it for the actual race, considering I already have two cars in mind that I really want to use for this race. I am going to do this race around the end of the month, so stay tuned. This will also probably be the only time I will do a 24 hour race in this game before Gran Turismo Sport comes out.

Here are the two cars I am thinking about doing this race in:
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car '97: My first choice for this race is a stock Lancer Evolution IV Rally Car with an oil change and Racing Super Hard tires. I managed lap times in the 7'25-7'28 range and my opponents can be no faster than the Alfa 155 2.5 V6 TI or the Falken Skyline GT-R. However, with the stock setup and those tires, my car will have to pit every 2 laps because the front tires wear out very fast. The only way I know how to increase tire life so far (instead of changing the tires) is to decrease the downforce, but this proves problematic as decreasing the downforce will also add more understeer. If there are any other ways to improve the front tire life on a car, please let me know.
  • Honda Raybrig NSX (JGTC) '00: The other car I am thinking about using is the 2000 Honda Raybrig NSX (stock with oil change). I managed to run lap times in the 6'50 to 6'54 range in A-Spec with Racing Super Hard tires and it has impressive handling. I manage to pit in every 3-4 laps with this car, which isn't bad, but could be a bit better. However, I do have one problem: my driving skill overpowers everyone is this race except maybe the Chaparral 2D. If I am going to do this race in this car, I will need to find a lineup that features the Chaparral 2D and several other powerful cars. So far, the best lineup I found was this (it gives me around 45 points):
  • Audi A4 Touring Car '04
  • Chaparral 2D Race Car '67
  • Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA (JGTC) '03
  • Audi Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
  • Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93
I would also like some tips from people who have done this race so that I can stay focused and keep my pace (that's a problem of mine).

THE ACTUAL RACE (COMING SOON):

For great challenge, I would recommend Spoon S2000 Race Car, Lister Storm or one of GT300 cars. You can also build your own machine from a road-going sports car and pretend you're a privateer. :D

Tire life can be increased by stiffening the suspension (springs) and reducing ride height. However, do not expect drastic changes, you won't endure more than two or three additional kilometers. I did an experiment in past.

Last edited:
Back