Allowed to be on this Forum if you're in the elderly group?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GA 52
  • 15 comments
  • 1,366 views
Messages
555
Norway
Philippines
Got a 2nd place in Nordic competition gravel rally track in Finland 1972 - 1st. place Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing in US 1999. Computer expert NO. Only able to be racing Grand Turismo 3 months a year due to my work, therefore I might ask question(s) that have been posted here before. Is that bad? Being asked if I'm drunk on this thread is not appreciated - please let me know if I should leave. Thanks and Happy New Year!
 
Got a 2nd place in Nordic competition gravel rally track in Finland 1972 - 1st. place Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing in US 1999. Computer expert NO. Only able to be racing Grand Turismo 3 months a year due to my work, therefore I might ask question(s) that have been posted here before. Is that bad? Being asked if I'm drunk on this thread is not appreciated - please let me know if I should leave. Thanks and Happy New Year!
Check this link out, you'll find plenty of oldies here! - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-driving-is-for-everyone-how-old-are-you.358893/
 
Got a 2nd place in Nordic competition gravel rally track in Finland 1972 - 1st. place Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing in US 1999. Computer expert NO. Only able to be racing Grand Turismo 3 months a year due to my work, therefore I might ask question(s) that have been posted here before. Is that bad? Being asked if I'm drunk on this thread is not appreciated - please let me know if I should leave. Thanks and Happy New Year!
Also check this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-geezer-club.359207/

I'm not eligible yet, but not too far off either. Age is not an issue round here.:)
 
I find in general, GTPlanet caters to a more mature audience when you start interacting with the folks that have been here awhile.
I don't have the numbers but a vast majority of us are "older" 30s, 40s, 50+ and that's why I've been here for years, great bunch of Sim enthusiasts here.
 
I find in general, GTPlanet caters to a more mature audience when you start interacting with the folks that have been here awhile.
I don't have the numbers but a vast majority of us are "older" 30s, 40s, 50+ and that's why I've been here for years, great bunch of Sim enthusiasts here.

That is what I have noticed since I joined, and why I like it so much, being "older" myself as a 40 year old. :D
 
GTPlanet is a pretty mature forum, IMO.

People don't insult each other, and, being in average "older" than what you would expect, putting that question, most of us can handle a bit of irony without freaking out :cheers:.

Have in mind most of us started playing Gran Turismo with the first title, so exactly 20 years ago, not exactly a bunch of teens :sly:

Welcome to GTP
 
Understandable that you finished second. Congrats anyways and welcome! :sly:
 
I'm sure you are young at heart :)

Ask away, I find this a friendly forum, regardless of age/creed/gender, so you will likely get an answer. I've not seen many people tell others to use search rather than give an answer, so you will be in good company.
 
I’m guessing going by your name that the 52 means you were born in 1952 so you are 65. Is that even considered elderly nowadays? imo not at all. There are at least a couple of GT Planeteers in their 70s.
Btw those are some impressive real world racing credentials that you have, congrats.

Edit: having just reread the “how old are you?” thread there are quite a few over 70s on GTPlanet.
 
Last edited:
Got a 2nd place in Nordic competition gravel rally track in Finland 1972 - 1st. place Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing in US 1999. Computer expert NO. Only able to be racing Grand Turismo 3 months a year due to my work, therefore I might ask question(s) that have been posted here before. Is that bad? Being asked if I'm drunk on this thread is not appreciated - please let me know if I should leave. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Why do you need approval to be here? What does your previous racing achievements have to do with you being on this forum? This is the weirdest post ever lol

At any rate, welcome to the forum! :)
 
Got a 2nd place in Nordic competition gravel rally track in Finland 1972 - 1st. place Amateur Motorcycle Road Racing in US 1999. Computer expert NO. Only able to be racing Grand Turismo 3 months a year due to my work, therefore I might ask question(s) that have been posted here before. Is that bad? Being asked if I'm drunk on this thread is not appreciated - please let me know if I should leave. Thanks and Happy New Year!

I am a 20-something that hasn't so much as driven over 80mph and they let me hang around for some reason. I think you're good. :cheers:
 
therefore I might ask question(s) that have been posted here before. Is that bad? Being asked if I'm drunk on this thread is not appreciated - please let me know if I should leave. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Guys i think he means this reply:

Eh? Is this a serious thread or a fast one? I read through OP multiple replies and I seriously am questioning if he's sober or even reads anything this site puts out.

Asks about GT7, says it's not up yet and then asks what's best after GT7? Mentions being unable to log on to PSN, before utilizing the tools on his own machine to check network status. Says while not able to get online, I'd like to race offline! Does this person even own GT Sport? Back to the first thought, couldn't get online yet could check PSN store for GT7, how does that work?

Either drunk or trolling, no way can I take what I just read seriously. I thought it may have been the language barrier but the first post is legible and uses English grammar well enough. Something doesn't smell right with this thread at all, or I'm the drunk one.

when a member was insulting in his reply.

I don't think you should leave, if people are trying to insult you, ignore it and continue the discussion with non insulting posts and members :).
 
Guys i think he means this reply:



when a member was insulting in his reply.

I don't think you should leave, if people are trying to insult you, ignore it and continue the discussion with non insulting posts and members :).
Thanks Inge! Appreciated! Have a great New Year!

Why do you need approval to be here? What does your previous racing achievements have to do with you being on this forum? This is the weirdest post ever lol

At any rate, welcome to the forum! :)
Hate being looked at like an idiot Thanks.

I’m guessing going by your name that the 52 means you were born in 1952 so you are 65. Is that even considered elderly nowadays? imo not at all. There are at least a couple of GT Planeteers in their 70s.
Btw those are some impressive real world racing credentials that you have, congrats.

Edit: having just reread the “how old are you?” thread there are quite a few over 70s on GTPlanet.
Yes CHEN - 65 - thanks for your positive comment - as always from you.! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back