• 4,879 comments

geezer1791

Geezer Club, Geezer Racing
Premium
United States
Elgin, SC
GZR_Geezer1791
GT SPORT GEEZER CLUB

If you will be 60 or older in 2020 you are invited to join the Geezer Club. Send Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791
We hold regularly scheduled online races (See Below). We race cleanly and competitively but we place the highest value on fellowship, fun and making friends.
We almost all have headsets and enjoy good natured banter before, during and after the races.
If your looking for fun racing with a group that understands what you're talking about give us a try.

PSN ID of other Geezer Club Members:

Official Nurse & Honorary Member : @WhoosierGirl
Official Tuner & Honorary Member : @SW__10
Official Bionic Geezer Racer : @Daduce1947

wauk-azoo, stewyripper , mots63, zona99, gbo-possum, p_o_c_o_l_o_c_o, jw245732, dlone47, WheelerTurner, pepper_mallard,
paulmariner9, SCClockDr-GT5, Rock-n-Soul , karter995, skypilotrv4, pharlap7, P-Wiink, matilda1234, lionfan58, golf98, bobby2227,
oldboy1943, old_geezzer, elgcee42, Xposed2Play, gjohn3707, daduce1947, Qship, Ema-Nymton, Hairy-Dave, ukmalb, JotaFDuarte
ANFD, CHROMO13, fun-at-sixty, macdog54, mamann10, Whiteford48, MastrGT, Nail-27, ozirules12, Fanapryde, nosoks, thlogan, GTsail2,
Toppy_JOE, RAYCELYNE, RICKB5347, nordschleife1951, BawlmerBoy, imjimeez44, Oslaf510, FLYING_LOW56, HAYBALEKILLER, GZR_JRCRUISER,
cheeves1956, bgeezah, Valkyrie-mkd, JUPITER1955, GrandpaRocket, jab_2, Wolf-Dieter_GTRP, Geschimmel, TheGodfather53, Racin510_s,
legger27, acenbrone, jab1362, calveron, SterlingMoose, slo2know, serialf, GTP_DDiamond, buziil, V_FOURMAX, degaro, StevenKeeney
RavingBonkers, MacProTX1, gearmeister, GTX_NQX, josborn27, oldphart-JRC, edwt, SteveBeech12, jajo, BrownLotus, wer-pr-mr
Postal125, joshmelvette, FuzzWad007, Diver9543, wingit1, Stumps_GTI, sparrowhawk1959, ZOPPO--GT, Revolutionkiter, xptpete, Beer_Snob_JT, Phlano_099, mars_56560, kena884

Geezlings: showmethepuppiz (1/1/21), oldgoat1047 (1/1/22), coryclifford (1/1/35), a estes (???), Mwerte (1/1/4?), Viper al

Last edited:
GEEZER RACING SCHEDULE

We race in "Friends Only" Lobby's.

Sun 8:30am - Lobby Host - EeePee - Guests are Welcome

Wed 7:30pm - Lobby Host - pepper_mallard - Guests are Welcome!

Sat 8:30am - Lobby Host GT-RaceAce - This is a GEEZER ONLY event

All times USA EST- Add Room Host to your FR to find Lobby

Last edited:
I'll be signing up (almost 70 yikes) if I decide to go with GTS after it's been out for wee bit and I see if it's worthy of my youthful speed lol. Just promise not to run that big fast tractor over me at the Nurburgring. Wouldn't want to damage any of my brand new pretty race cars. :cheers:

Last edited:
GEEZERS are waiting for Oct 17 and GT Sport
If you will be 60 or older in 2017 you are invited to join the GZR_Geezer Club. Send Friend Request to GZR_Geezer1791
I'm sure one of the Moderators will put this Thread in the proper place once GT Sport is launched.
We will try to have an Online Race 10/17 PM if possible.
Hi Geez - Will be waiting along with you. PM

I also fit into the Geezer club! All you guys feel free to add me to your friends list. PSN= V_FOURMAX
Look for our race info right here partner,, every event will be posted in this GTP thread. Once we learn the idiosyncrasy's of running our Geezer races in the new game there will be at least 3 events per week. Looking forward to your joining. :cheers:

Being one that decided to wait and see how GTS pans out after that actual game was released it seems that I will not be joining y'all with all the negatives that I've been reading. As a old timer loyal GT car guy I was hoping for better. It seems GT has taken a new direction away from their past which made their greatness. As the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it. With all the work that went into GTS and money spent I think they would have done better by remastering the best of the GT's of old and put them online instead along with the offline play which helped make them the best.

Got my game loaded and everything from the beta switched over without a hitch. Played around a little and unlocked Willow Springs Raceway did some laps on big willow to try it out. Did a few laps with a Corvette C7 Gr3 Road Car first, Then did some with a Porsche RSR (991) '17 the same one we had to use in that challenge race in the beta.

They really hit a nice one one the physics, you can feel the weight of the Corvette compared to the 911, the different power deliver and revs. I always use a manual trans, traction control down to 1 and ABS normal. All other driving aids turned off and have been using all game default set ups so far on the cars.

I would like to get an idea of what cars and/or classes are favored in the club races and tracks. Also do you guys do any tuning or run them box stock? I have always shied away from the on line stuff in the past but ready to get my feet wet. Would like to get to be able to learn some tracks and car handling traits in advance of our races though.

I am sure that you guys are fast and I will probably be nothing more than a rolling chicane but I at least want to be a chicane that holds his line! Any heads up will help. Think this is going to be a fun game to fill cold winter days for us old folks! Thanks vfourmax

Being one that decided to wait and see how GTS pans out after that actual game was released it seems that I will not be joining y'all with all the negatives that I've been reading. As a old timer loyal GT car guy I was hoping for better. It seems GT has taken a new direction away from their past which made their greatness. As the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it. With all the work that went into GTS and money spent I think they would have done better by remastering the best of the GT's of old and put them online instead along with the offline play which helped make them the best.
Hi 2_Fast, don't believe them. I also have been playing GT since the first edition on the old PS1 and also have been a loyal follower. Many of us have been visiting on the chat as we're playing the new game since yesterdays release and the consensus of we GEEZERS is - we really, VERY MUCH like the game. It is well worth the $70 and I'll leave it at that. Hope you reconsider.

Got my game loaded and everything from the beta switched over without a hitch. Played around a little and unlocked Willow Springs Raceway did some laps on big willow to try it out. Did a few laps with a Corvette C7 Gr3 Road Car first, Then did some with a Porsche RSR (991) '17 the same one we had to use in that challenge race in the beta.

They really hit a nice one one the physics, you can feel the weight of the Corvette compared to the 911, the different power deliver and revs. I always use a manual trans, traction control down to 1 and ABS normal. All other driving aids turned off and have been using all game default set ups so far on the cars.

I would like to get an idea of what cars and/or classes are favored in the club races and tracks. Also do you guys do any tuning or run them box stock? I have always shied away from the on line stuff in the past but ready to get my feet wet. Would like to get to be able to learn some tracks and car handling traits in advance of our races though.

I am sure that you guys are fast and I will probably be nothing more than a rolling chicane but I at least want to be a chicane that holds his line! Any heads up will help. Think this is going to be a fun game to fill cold winter days for us old folks! Thanks vfourmax
Hi ya VFOUR, sorry there's been no reply to your question yet but here goes - in a word - DEFAULT - and the One Makes. That has generally been the sort of racing in the Geezer races. There have been a couple of instances where we added racing brakes, or a different transmission because the car we were going to use stock brakes cause wayyy too many missed corners, rear end collisions, etc :banghead:. There have been only a couple times that we've changed a trans because the default was found to hit the rev limiter at tracks like High Speed Ring. :irked: We occasionally may change the default tires for again, they can cause unnecessary racing issues and delays but for the most part whether the car be a street or LMP we use default set ups. It makes for a much quicker racing scenario. If you've visited very many "open lobby" races oft times the races are delayed a ridiculous amount of time as players take a couple laps - exit for a tweek to their set up, etc. and the racing just never gets going.👎👎

We Geezers much prefer taking only a couple laps to get a feel for that car on that track then HIT THAT START BUTTON so we can let the fun begin!! :cheers: Don't misunderstand bud, we do indeed "like to WIN",, but as you've may have seen our esteemed leader geezer1791 state previous, winning is fun but NOT the #1 criteria for we Geezers, enjoying the game. enjoying company of fellow old timers with similar interests, a bit of remembering those good old days that even tho sometimes seem to have been a very long time ago, we discover really weren't so very long ago after all - and - there's always plenty of good natured ribbing and laughing at ourselves and how we've become those "ol pfarts" we used to laugh at when we were youngsters. "Geezer moments" afflict each and every one of us,, and we're OK with it,, we've paid our dues, we've earned the right to have 'em. 👍👍

We had planned a Geezer race yesterday eve at 7:15pm ET but the GTS servers crashed. We usually try to have a Thursday race at 12noon ET but we'll have to wait and see if we'll have a server and whether or not we can figure out how to set one up. We should be good to go by Saturday (fingers crossed) for the favorite of the Geezer Races at 8:30am ET. Try and join us,, you and we will have a fun time learning GTS! 👍👍

Hello --- I intend to open a room tomorrow morning 8:30 AM Eastern daylight savings time. Don't know if we'll have organized racing, but we'll try.

PM
'ol Duce will be there Peter, signed in, headset on, ready for what-ever we can make happen. As Papa mention's if the server issues are fixed and we can get our Saturday morning GTSport Geezer event up and running we'll be sure to have a great time!

I apologize to all Geezers who tried to race with us this morning (especially calveron) as we had problems outlined below.

Party chat (only way to talk to each other) is limited to 8 Geezers at a time. We can try to have more than one "Party" and switch around but for now we have to live with that limitation.

"Friends Only" Lobby/Room does not work! As soon as a Lobby is opened, nonGeezers rush in and fill up the room. We will have to indicate our intention to participate in a race date and limit the Lobby number of participants for only the number of Geezers who have signed up. This is a temporary fix until "Friends Only" is working.

We will try again tomorrow (Sun) morning at 9am EST. If you are planning to participate tomorrow morning please leave a post here so we can set up the Lobby for the correct number of Geezers.

Count now 7 - stewy, geez, oldboy, nord, duce, pep, DDiamond

Last edited:
Back