Alltidxx's career - hard level

• Thread starter Alltidxx
  • 58 comments
Sweden
Sweden
TeamBubblegum
I do 100% racedistance. I drive with automatic gears, push throttle when lights are out and my career started with the test drive thread. I'm currently with Midland F1 team as second driver.

Budapest (2nd MF1 Season 1)
Practice:
Fast practice: 1:17.512. I adjusted settings after that only to find my times go significantly worse and couldn't remember how to change back. Decided to use the setup anyway since it seemed stable enough.
Qualifying:
Finished Q1 on tenth with a high 17.7 so I knew I had to be faster in Q2 in order to secure a place in Q3. In Q2 I got critical turn 1 and 2 right and reduced traction control as well and that helped me to produce a very satisfying 1:17.322. I knew this would be enough so no more attempts and I ended Q2 on seventh place where 8th-10th were actually a big jump up with times: 17.804, 17.854, 17.887. Thought long and hard about strategy and finally choose a two stop strategy. Managed to do a 1:17.671 in Q3 which got me sixth on the grid! I felt that was really really good :)
Race:Pulled past Alonso at the start to forth. Went wide first lap on turn 12 and Alonso slipped past. Managed to draft him on the straight two turns afterwards to perform a real clean overtake by braking past him on the inside. But my god was it hard even with real close drafting to get speed up against the Renault. Managed to hold him off and even pull away some for six laps but made some mistakes and he was right back. Invited him to push me into a spin in the chicane by going wide on turn 5. Lost down to 10th and while trying to get back into pace Rosberg hit me from behind in turn 9. Spun into the wall and lost my left rear tire. Rosberg retired as well.
I don't think I will be this close to snatch good points on any other track so this was really disappointing :guilty:

Last edited:
We'll have to see which one of us does the better job in our seasons. :)

We'll have to see which one of us does the better job in our seasons. :)
Sure thing ;). I seem to have problems with consistency though and that is a major achilles heel in 100% races. Hopefully I will shape up with the loads of practice it is to prepare for races and actually race. Istanbul next and I really fear that track. I just can't see myself not going off in the highspeed turns during some 50laps or what it'll be... *scared*

Did 2 hours of practise runs on Istanbul to get to know the track again and what curbs not to hit and different settings and had a fast practise lap of 1.29:888 which placed me 14th in the field. Will try to do the race on Sunday. I don't think I can squeeze any more time out of the current setup though. Or at all.

I HATE THE COMPUTER ON HARD! lol. They always seem to find a way of crashing into you when you have a chance of scoring points or at least finishing in a decent position.
Currently, my best result has been Bahrain season 1, when I was with Super Aguri. I finished 7th. I could have scored points in other races, such as Monaco (which was a HUGE surprise), Monza and Interlagos. I was really annoyed because in Monaco, I finished in 10th because people pushed past me, which was understandable. In Monza, I got an amazing start and got myself into 2nd from 15! Which was awesome, only to have Michael Schumacher crash into me on the 3rd lap. Then in Brazil I was doing really well. Better than I had expected, but then halfway through, while in 3rd place (as I was going much longer than anyone in front of me) I overturned into turn 1 and crashed into the wall.
Now I am halfway through my second season. The first half had me test driving for Williams, but it was just too hard, so I accepted an offer to drive for MF1 instead, which are better than Super Aguri and may see on my way to scoring some points with some good practice, race evolution and strategy!

Btw, is there some sort of guide on here for the perfect setups for the cars for each track. It would be a great help and time saver if there is, but don't worry if there isn't, i'll just have to make one haha.

Btw, is there some sort of guide on here for the perfect setups for the cars for each track. It would be a great help and time saver if there is, but don't worry if there isn't, i'll just have to make one haha.

You didn't look far did you? From the first page of this sub-forum:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104785

All the setups for MF1 on every track. Not so much a guide, but I think it will point you in the right direction. All thats left with those setups is just tweaking for your personal taste.

Kakundoo, there are only perfect setups for certain behaviour (drivingstyle and strategy). Meaning that while Icelt (the guy posting the settings at Ardius link) is a competent racer, his settings are reflecting his style of racing and racing strategy. Let's take Istanbul for example as that is the latest track I've done too. He obviously wanted to be fast around the curvier parts of the track. I wanted to be faster on the straights. Thus I run 34% downforce both rear and front and Icelt ran 65% (!) rear downforce. A huge difference. He posted a 1.30:436 and I posted a high 29. It seems I put more practise into into my lap than he did so let's say he can improve his lap and end up about where I am now. That leaves our times on par and our settings radically different.

I recommend you learn what the settings do to your car and set it up to your preferences. It will take more time to learn and to try out but it will feel much better to be able to do it yourself and to fit it to your style and strategy. Thus I recommend you go read https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2760624&postcount=1

Having said that, I do realise you asked for ready settings and not for a "go learn" response so Ardius might have answered you better :)

Last edited:
Well thanks to both of you guys, I did Magny-Cours with the setup that was suggested and because of it my fastest time was a 1:13.613, which is significantly faster than my previous times in the MF1, which were around the 1 minute 15s and as a result, I CAME THIRD! I am really pleased!

And thanks Alltidxx, I'll definitly check that page out, then I can really get the most out of whatever car I am in, on any track.

Well thanks to both of you guys, I did Magny-Cours with the setup that was suggested and because of it my fastest time was a 1:13.613, which is significantly faster than my previous times in the MF1, which were around the 1 minute 15s and as a result, I CAME THIRD! I am really pleased!

And thanks Alltidxx, I'll definitly check that page out, then I can really get the most out of whatever car I am in, on any track.

Does everyone here use the Sixaxis? Because I'm getting a G25 and want to know the fastest laps on the sixaxis so I can see the differences between the two. It's not a competition or anything, I'm just intrested in seeing the differences.
I beleive it will be very close.

And I personally, when using the sixaxis, I don't go for near perfect corners. I like Altidixx prefer going for gold on the straights because when going round corners with the sixaxis you don't always have the sense of control you get from the wheel, even if you are using the best setup. I'm terrible at getting it perfect on corners, even at Monza which is my favourite track and one of the easiest on the game in terms of cornering.

Istanbul (2nd MF1 Season 1)
Qualifying:
Loads of traffic. Started up a promising lap and tried to keep speed up out of turn 6 despite traffic but it was too tight and I hit a Honda which resulted in loose wing and interrupted attempt. Out of time. 18th on the grid with a 1:31.216 just behind Monteiro. Trulli took pole!
Race:

Loaded up fuel for a one stopper with hard tires. Had gained two places after turn one was cleared but lost one position a couple of turns later. At the final bend before the straight I ran into Rosberg's rear lightly and spun my car. Tried to pursue the field as last car but hadn't tested running heavy with hard tires at free practice and the car spun many times at different places in the race ahead. I couldn't even keep pace with Toro Rosso. I ran most of the race as 20th ahead of Ide which was the only driver I could keep behind me. Loads of blue flags made my bad pace become even worse. Due to retirements I was 17th with five laps to go for the leader and I was quite satisfied whith the possibility to come in 17th and just finish the race considering the circumstances. But no, I didn't defend my line perfectly during the highspeed turns, so Massa came charging like a madman on the inside and hit my front left wheel that popped off. Massa escaped unharmed.

At the following team ability test at Magny-Cours I ran a 0.483 faster lap than Albers so no angry emails yet from management...

Last edited:
Monza fast practise lap: 1:24.460, and that was with revving out a screaming 7th gear at 7.0 on several straights. Lower 7th gear setting produced worse flat out speed. Good enough for 16th I think it was during practise. It stands pretty clear to me that it will be tough to get into Q2 on race day.

Does everyone here use the Sixaxis?
My times are always sixaxis. X for throttle, Square for brakes. I have a Williams F1 wheel for my PS2 game but I did worse using that. Maybe a matter of practise but I think my feet would fall off pushing the pedals up and down in pretty big movements all the time. :nervous:

My times are always sixaxis. X for throttle, Square for brakes. I have a Williams F1 wheel for my PS2 game but I did worse using that. Maybe a matter of practise but I think my feet would fall off pushing the pedals up and down in pretty big movements all the time. :nervous:

Wow, you must have skilled thumbs, getting the control right is the main hard part for me

Well after 4th season ive got to mclaren second driver which im pretty proud of on hard i won the championship 4 time on medium.Im using SixAxis,love to give you guys a race online.

Monza (2nd MF1 Season 1)
Qualifying:
Couldn't reach the high revs required for a great time. 1:25.622 got me 20th position. Even so, after qualifying I dropped 6th and 7th gear one notch each to 7.5 and 6.9 respectively since during training I avoided overrevving on those settings but kept a nice register anyway. It's a slower setting but I didn't wanna risk blowing up the engine during the race.
Race:
The first lap was scary as hell. Took a couple of positions at the start, Rosberg retired in the first chicane to the right of the left turn. Came out of that as 17th. It was cars all over the place. Like a big blob of cars with 3 cars driving side to side just charging forward with like a millisecond reaction time between. I thought "I'm not going in there, no way" and kept a little distance. Full throttle out of the section leading to the back straight - variante ascari - and someone else has gone off to the right. And the whole packed field has slowed down somehow, blocking the whole track, but it was too late for me to brake... so I stear clear to the right of the track where there still is some asphalt and grass and while blasting through I say a fast prayer with my heart jumping a beat... and I make it back to the track, now as 10th in the field. So then I think "****, I can't defend this position, they're coming for me...". And they did. One by one although I tried to fight them as hard as I could. A number of scary AI overtakes later and a stress-caused spin I'm at 16th and that I could maintain. So I drive along a couple of laps and suddenly catch a little too much curb, drive into the barrier and there it is. Another ****ing retirement. I'm going to redo this track because this just made me too upset.

Edit:
At the rerun I qualified 19th and then spent the whole race trying to keep Monterio's pace but he pulled away some for most laps. I hoped this was because he was lighter than me and he was. He ran a 3 stopper and I ran a 2 stopper so I could overtake him with some 7 laps to go. I finished 15th, 6 seconds ahead of Monteiro and then Sato. The rest were retired drivers and Ide among them (I was ahead of him in the race).

Last edited:
Shanghai fast practice lap session one 1:37.292 with a little gear adjustment and soft tires with somewhat upped tirepressure. No other change. I think I had some 6-7 laps of fuel when I got that time so I will definitely improve more with more settings and gear changes ahead. 17th with that time on friday practice but Heidfeld was 15th with 1:36.180 which might prove too tough. We'll see. Race in the weekend and more practice before then.

Last edited:
Shanghai fast practice lap session two 1:36.064 and 12th at free practice. This track is my favourite but I'm really uncertain about finding the right settings. There are sweeping bends that would best be handled with understear and then there are sharper turns that would best be cut off with overstear. It's quite bumpy so I would need firmer dampening but I would also need good grip around corners which would suggest softer dampening and higher downforce. But then there is the long straight that would require low downforce...:crazy:
I doesn't matter how I twist and turn it, it will be a compromise setting in the end either way.

Last edited:
Shanghai (2nd MF1 Season 1)
Qualifying:
Q1: I normally run the preset 2 hotlaps of fuel in qualifying. The first lap was sloppy but I finished it at 1:37.074. Tried to push harder on second lap but overcooked it and raced quickly for the pit to refuel instead. Out again kinda nervous now about the clock ticking without having a decent time but I tried to concentrate and avoid redoing previous laps mistakes. Ran a 1:36.230 which I was happy with. Calmed down by having a solid lap in the bag I pushed for more in the second lap as a preparation for Q2 since I was currently listed for 5th place! It didn't go well so again I interrupted the attempt and raced for the pits since I had time for 1 more lap if I did. Pushed again and ended up with 1:36.365. Loads of drivers must have underperformed compared to free practice times posted because when time was out, I had placed 7th in Q1!
Q2: Onto Q2 and I put in a first lap of 1:36.464 which had me clear for Q3 at the time but after another lap I was at a red 11th with Klien currently holding 10th at 1:36.232. So I charged ahead knowing I had to find something extra and managed to find four tenths to cut off to a 1:36.047. That had me 9th and in the dangerzone for relegation. Tried to improve and really thought I had made it when clearing the final bend to start-finish but the time was really quite off. Not sure what happened because I had a green second sector and a high speed straight. When I saw the time was worse than expected I had already shut off so it was too late to charge for another lap. Too little time left. Luckily nobody else further improved in the back of the field so I settled for a sweaty 9th with Klien on 10th 0:00.013 behind me and Heidfeld at 11th 0:00.033 behind me. Yay! Q3! :)
Q3: Fuel for a two stop strategy at lap 17 and 37. Reached a good 1:36.446 and 9th at the grid. Coulthard was only 1 tenth faster so I think I should have a great chance to score a point or two. The car works fine with the higher fuelload but I knew that since I tested it out in free practice to avoid another Istanbul experience.
Race:
Raceday and the rain is pouring down. After three laps the whole field has passed me. I spin once and am then last, 9 seconds behind Ide. After settling in with the conditions, for a couple of laps I seem to be able to keep pace with Ide or even gain on him, but then something happens. Ide starts to pull away little by little. And the distance grows to 15 seconds. At that point the sky opens and heavy rain begin to fall two laps before my scheduled stop. I continue with intermediates for those laps and have some scary slides and traction control is blinking like hell but make it to the pit ok. After that I notice Ide and Monteiro aren't doing very well in heavy rain and I start gaining on them little by little. I drive consistant laps and am finally catching Ide somewhere in the spray of lapping cars at the same time and scream past him on the straight. So I start my hunt for Monteiro. A number of laps later I'm sitting in Monteiros spray and overtake him on the straight. I'm looking for Sato as the next victim but he seems to have retired and the next car is some 50 seconds ahead. As I'm closing in on second pitstop the rain eases up to lighter rain. Here I need to pause the game and when I get back my concentration is disturbed. On top of that my dog jumps in the sofa and I get very disturbed by that, lose the rear end and hit a wall. DNF. It was a really exiting race at that point so that sucks.:indiff:

Red bull offered a test drive position but I turned that down and signed an extension with MF1 as second driver for the coming season.

Last edited:
Suzuka fast practice lap 1:35.499. Good for 19th best time. I ran that time with 6 laps of fuel on board so it should be possible to push that time a little more. I blew the engine during practice. Extremely demanding track and fierce AI times to compete with.

Suzuka (2nd MF1 Season 1)
Qualifying:
Put in one hotlap at 1:36.611 which got me 19th on the grid ahead of Monterio, Speed and Ide.
Race:
Alonso retired the first lap. Had gained one place after the first lap. Chased Sato and overtook him on the straight only to spin in turn one due to the highspeed entry that followed the overtake. I knew about the risk, it's just hard to be sensitive just right on the brakes to enter at right speed. So from last I hunted Ide down after a couple of laps with a late takeover on the straight where we went into turn 1 bumping wheels side by side. Only to stuff up later on the same lap with a spin at the hairpin. So then the lapping cars showed up. And man, are they stupid. I go offline and off throttle at a suitable place for them to overtake but they just sit there behind me anyway. I'm not going to stop the car and wave them past what the hell. So at the backstraight I do exactly the same but Montoya does nothing. So I think "what's wrong with you people?" and speed up again before the sweeping left corner and turn in and THAT'S when he picks his moment. Naturally carparts were flying all over the place from both our cars. Thanks Montoya. Anyway, you should've seen the cool drifts I pulled off in turn one. Say what? "Not supposed to do that with F1 cars"?

So far I have retired 5 races out of 5. Hey, this is my rookie season, ok? Cut me some slack :)

Last edited:
Interlagos fast practice session one: 1:15.264. Drove 3 laps similar to that time. Even though there should be some more time in there I'm happy with this laptime. I will push some more in next practice session though with fine adjustments and I haven't tried out how the car handles with heavy fuel load yet. And I will mixture more with tirepressure next session.

Just a thought: It's interesting to feel the how my practice sessions evolve more and more into a devolped routine. That is calming for me because I previously often felt "jeez, where do I start?" and got stressed out. As it is now:

1) First I go out on the track with presets and 10 laps of fuel on any track to relearn/remember the track. I try out riding curbs to se what can be cut and what must be avoided (although this can be changed with suspension and rideheight later on).
2) Unless there is something that obviously needs to be tweaked I try to put in as fast a lap I can with presets. That laptime will then be the benchmark time with benchmark brakepoints and speed.
3) From there on I should have a decent idea of what changes should be made. I try not to make too many changes at once without trying them out in between because otherwise I will not have a clear picture of how it affected the car and how to go back if the change produced worse results.
4) I redo above step any number of times and little by little the final setting will appear. One particular setting is however untouched until the later stages of testing and that is the gears. This is because it doesn't make much sense to finetune the gears and then maybe up the downforce by 5-10% since I would just have to go over the gears again.
5) Set the "real" fast lap and check standings. By then I should have a good setup for it to be up to my driving to perform in the race.

Interlagos fast practice session two: 1:14.766. Got this time by overrevving the engine. Not a perfect lap, I went really wide in turn eight (the sharp one) but still I don't think I can count on a lap much faster than mid 15 in qualifying. I was never under 15 in any other lap. However I had bad grip at turn five so I increased bump dampening. But that made it worse so then I decreased it. That made turn five a great deal better, but then turn one became much more unstable. So I added one more one rear wing and less anti-roll but wasn't entirely satisfied. In the end I went back to previous downforce and upped the rebound dampening and decreased the bump dampening and that made the trick. Interlagos is now the track I've spent most time with practice to find a good setting (and I'm now thinking of increasing toe back a little) so note to self for next season:no touching neutral camber and rebound dampening must more than just a little higher then bump dampening.

Last edited:
Interlagos (2nd MF1 Season 1)
Qualifying: Rain. Every lap I did someone dove on the inside at turn one. Ended up last on the grid with 1:20.543, half a second behind Ide.
Race:Dry conditions. More confident and really fed up from qualifying I zic-zacked aggressivly during parade lap to warm tires and took my place at the back of the grid with 99 degrees in the rear wheels and about 50 degrees in the fronts. Lights out and I shoot off belligerently to pass a bunch. As I'm closing in on turn one I hit the car ahead as I go for the inside and my front wing becomes yellow but still attached. I'm not pitting for that and choose to live with it as I charge ahead as 16th after the first 3 turns. At the second lap Villeneuve goes off in turn 4 and I'm 15th. I drive a few laps defending against Villeneuve but he slips past as I brake too late. Pretty soon I defend against next car and at one point it was a Honda without front wing!:crazy: Guess he didn't wanna pit either. I'm really quite stressed out by the constant onslaught from behind :scared: and I'm remembering that my fastest time in practice pretty much placed where I'm currently at in the race. I'm thinking it will be tough to drive 70 laps like this and 10 laps into the race i lose the rear in turn one - an absolute classic at Interlagos. The damaged wing falls off but the wheels are ok. Even more stressed I try to come out of there but hit the wall and the left front now falls off.

Only finishing one rerun race in season 1 is pretty crappy but this season didn't really count anyway for anything other than practice I tell myself. The next season will start from scratch and I'm going to push the utmost to score a point at Bahrain.

Season one driver's championship ended:

1.Schumacher
2.Massa
3.Alonso

Bahrain fast practise session one: 1:35.881 with default preset placed 16th. It was a really fast lap. Sector times 26.875, 42.280, 26.726.

Last edited:
Bahrain fast practice session two: 1:33.906! Placed me 4th. Sector times 25.763, 42.064, 26.079. On a perfect lap I could get pole position :) because sector three was +0.182 on that fast lap (had to go off throttle briefly) and I have previously done 41.765 with the same settings in sector two. This was during Saturday practice so the times should be close to where it should land in the end. Barrichello was fastest during Saturday practice with 1.33.723.

I'm gonna get myself some points dammit!!

For the new season I’ve decided that beating my teammate regardless of team should be my main priority. On most tracks that is not a very ambitious goal but I think my overall performance will not suffer as much (retirements ) with this in mid. After all, beating my teammate in, say Ferrari, probably means going for the title so it’s not a bad aim I think. Better be a little too soft on myself than too hard. More fun I think.

Bahrain (2nd MF1 Season 2)
Qualifying:
Q1:Confident that I'd easily make it to Q3 on this track I ran the first lap mid 35 hindered by McLaren. Second attempt was disturbance free and was clocked for 1:34.868 and 10th position. I headed for the pit to watch the standings screen the remaining time. Slow sector one I noted, 26.576, otherwise really good sectors two-three. A low 35 placed Ralf at 11th place. The usual suspects knocked out. Teammate Monteiro placed 20th with a mid 37, seriously off-pace compared to me.
Q2:I choked completely in Q2. I spin lap one, spin lap two, head for the pit and get one more lap worth of fuel onboard for 3-4 consecutive attempts. Go out again but cannot get below 35. It doesn’t matter that every lap is clear from traffic, I just can’t find the speed again although the laps are reasonably clean. 1:35.167 lands me 13th position on the grid. Fisichella took pole.
Race: I charged down the right lane to get ahead in the field and braked too late and ran into the side of a Ferrari in the first turn. I bumped him pretty distinctly but I took no damage and he didn’t either. Pretty ugly racing from my side I though and felt guilty that I got the upper hand from it ahead of the Ferrari as 4th. Later that lap I went wide and the Ferrari slipped past. As 5th it was pretty clear I held many faster cars back. Those ahead disappeared and I drove 3 laps defending with several pretty hairy situations against Button before he bumped me and I spun. Only Button got past though because my car blocked the rest on the road. So I then I drove ahead of Barrichello another lap or two before I was pushed by him into a spin again after the final turn. This caused me to fall back to 10th. I spent the rest of the stint defending against someone else but I managed to stay in front. After the first stop I came out 15th ahead of Räikkönen and I spent half my second stint keeping him behind me. After some 10 laps he slipped past but only to pit immediately. Mission accomplished on wrecking his 3 stop strategy. I then had two laps of no traffic and could concentrate on my own pace and I’m gaining on Villeneuve that is 3 seconds ahead down to 2 seconds. That’s when Barrichello comes out of the pit between me and Villeneuve. He is fast but heavy and with cold tires so I almost run into him in the curvier parts and have to stear off the track to avoid collision. In the final sector he is too fast for me though and I can’t get close enough to draft him on the straight. Same story next lap although he is picking up on the curvier parts. I try hard to keep up in the final sector and come charging after Barrichello around the semi-blind turn 12 where Monteiro shows up being blueflagged. So three cars battle it out for survival through turn 13 and after some side-to-side bumping I come out ahead of Barrichello. Held him off and pulled away a little until it was time for my second stop. Came out 4,5 seconds ahead of Villeneuve at 12th position. Some oilslicks but otherwise it was free air both infront and behind me during most of the third stint. It was nice to be able to race at my own pace for once. Passed a couple of cars in the pit up to 9th and Couldhard was 8th 3,5 seconds ahead of me with 14 laps to go. I wanted that point bad and I pushed as hard as I could. I gained on him on some sectors but lost in others and the distance never shrunk to less than 2,5 seconds. He was too fast for me to catch him and I crossed the finishing line 4 seconds behind Couldhard in 9th place. Sooo close to scoring a point. Good result still and the team was really happy. It was a good feeling to complete a race again and I should probably be grateful I never smacked up my car in any of the close calls. Monteiro had engine failure and retired. Fisichella won ahead of Alonso and Massa.

Sepang fast practice lap 1:34.586. Compared to the other drivers, that was with a normal sector one, a tractor-slow section two and a blitzing sector three (fastest in the field). I think the best lap I can hope for in qualifying will be a 35 flat which would have me borderline Q3. Showers now and then during practice. I can probably expect some rain during the race.

Back