Alternative to Shuffle Race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kekke2000
  • 55 comments
  • 2,592 views

kekke2000

Premium
Messages
1,936
Sweden
Sweden
Messages
kekke2000
I know there must be a lot of people out there who enjoyed hours upon hours of shuffle racing for GT5. I was just wondering what they are up to now when shuffle races no longer exists. I'm looking for my new type of online racing. Where can I find quick races that are fair and crowded?

I really miss the "Clean Shuffle" rooms :(
 
Playing other games. I think I spent about an hour online in GT6.
 
Dunno why they keep it out. Strange decision.
It is more difficult to find a good server in gt6 than gt5. Good luck searching.
 
Dunno why they keep it out. Strange decision.
It is more difficult to find a good server in gt6 than gt5. Good luck searching.

They could have at least kept the Quick Match option that disappeared in the first update.
 
Any tips on good online racing game?

Host rooms where you can select the same car (with no tuning) for everyone. Call it "Same make shuffles" & you should get takers...
 
Not pretty bad, just worse. Shouldn't stop you from playing shuffle races.
But still you implied GT5 is good and GT6 isnt.

To the OP: why would you only play shuffle when there are lots of other modes?
 
I'd personally run one make/model at spec.


As and when I sort out my internet, I want to set up a regular BMW M3 GT base model series.

No points or anything. Just bog stock M3 base models going at it.


Should make for some seriously competetive racing.


I'd suggest looking in the online racing section of this forum, some regular rooms running by the looks of things.
 
But still you implied GT5 is good and GT6 isnt.
Yeah, the physics are worse but at least it is a properly finished game. GT5 has better seasonals, better special events, better online and even has a course maker.
 
But still you implied GT5 is good and GT6 isnt.

To the OP: why would you only play shuffle when there are lots of other modes?

Which are what? Shuffle and One Make are/were the only modes where you don't need to mess around tuning cars to fit a class/PP limit. That's why so many people liked it.
 
@watermelonpunch created a shuffle like league called
mixer makeshift shuffle. check it out in the clubs&leagues section.
fair and clean races , lots of fun.
new members are always welcome :cheers:
 
Yeah, the physics are worse but at least it is a properly finished game. GT5 has better seasonals, better special events, better online and even has a course maker.
But we are talking about online racing? Except for shuffle racing, GT6 has everything that GT5 has, and some more (more classes, more room options)
Which are what? Shuffle and One Make are/were the only modes where you don't need to mess around tuning cars to fit a class/PP limit. That's why so many people liked it.
You only need to use a little bit of brain to get proper cars for each PP limit or class and some people like me even find it fun (to search for the most appropiate car for each event/PP/track). I would not blame the game for some people's lazyness (sorry to say)
 
But still you implied GT5 is good and GT6 isnt.

To the OP: why would you only play shuffle when there are lots of other modes?
Did you shuffle in GT5? Shuffle is the easiest, most predictable way to go racing in GT online. You know exactly what you're getting in terms of the overall experience. You don't need any cars, , PP ranges are pre-determined, gridding is always the same, and any advantage/disadvantage you may get from your car is completely random. That's as opposed to "I spend hours tuning cars and know stuff you don't" lobbies which doesn't appeal to many players.

GT didn't see fit to provide the entire garage or a large portion of it for one-make racing online, in fact the selection is not as good as GT5 in terms of street cars so one make is rare in Open Lobbies.

You only need to use a little bit of brain to get proper cars for each PP limit or class and some people like me even find it fun (to search for the most appropiate car for each event/PP/track). I would not blame the game for some people's lazyness (sorry to say)
Tuning in GT6 is more of an art than a science, and unless you are a member of GTP or some other group that discusses the tuning issues in GT6, you'll have no idea what you're doing with tuning and can't hope to compete. I run into guys all the time online asking me how I get cars to be so fast and I simply direct them here. Sometimes I run into them later and they say they had no idea camber wasn't working or ride height is reversed.

Add to that there are very few lobbies these days that don't run RS tires and it makes online a very limiting experience.
 
Did you shuffle in GT5? Shuffle is the easiest, most predictable way to go racing in GT online. You know exactly what you're getting in terms of the overall experience. You don't need any cars, , PP ranges are pre-determined, gridding is always the same, and any advantage/disadvantage you may get from your car is completely random. That's as opposed to "I spend hours tuning cars and know stuff you don't" lobbies which doesn't appeal to many players.

GT didn't see fit to provide the entire garage or a large portion of it for one-make racing online, in fact the selection is not as good as GT5 in terms of street cars so one make is rare in Open Lobbies.
Shuffle was far from perfect. There still were differences in car performance, lots of cars were terrible to drive, and you could not select a custom tire type.
Also, of course, you could not tune any car to fit your driving style.

I think One make races is not so rare at least in Europe, the problem is, you have to search manually the titles.
 
You only need to use a little bit of brain to get proper cars for each PP limit or class and some people like me even find it fun (to search for the most appropiate car for each event/PP/track). I would not blame the game for some people's lazyness (sorry to say)

I thought you were going to provide me with a list of these 'other modes' you spoke of? What are they?

Are you Zuel in disguise? There are no classes in GT5 or GT6, just popular PP limits. Me building a 500PP car is no guarantee I'll find 500PP rooms. I might only find 550PP, or 480PP when I go online. So I have to back, tune a new car and then go back online. Oh but wait, those lobbies have changed now. It's 460PP. Matchmaking would help that issue, but that's another problem.

Shuffle racing just took all of that away, as Johnny explains.

Shuffle was far from perfect. There still were differences in car performance, lots of cars were terrible to drive, and you could not select a custom tire type.
Also, of course, you could not tune any car to fit your driving style.

That was the whole point. It was random, sometimes you got a good car, sometimes you got a donkey. Sometimes it suited you, sometimes it didn't. This gave you great racing most of the time because the best guys at driving and tuning didn't always have the best cars, or the cars to suit them. It was who adapted best to the new machinery.
 
I thought you were going to provide me with a list of these 'other modes' you spoke of? What are they?

Are you Zuel in disguise? There are no classes in GT5 or GT6, just popular PP limits. Me building a 500PP car is no guarantee I'll find 500PP rooms. I might only find 550PP, or 480PP when I go online. So I have to back, tune a new car and then go back online. Oh but wait, those lobbies have changed now. It's 460PP. Matchmaking would help that issue, but that's another problem.

Shuffle racing just took all of that away, as Johnny explains.
Road legal cars, road cars + concepts, racing GT500, racing GT300, Touring Cars, GT3, Rally, Nascar, Le mans, Red Bulls, Karts... shall I go on?
I have 400 cars in GT6 now, that fit all the PP limits between 360 and 975, no problem
If you have a 500 PP car you can de-tune it a bit and lower it to 480PP so whats the problem?

That was the whole point. It was random, sometimes you got a good car, sometimes you got a donkey. Sometimes it suited you, sometimes it didn't. This gave you great racing most of the time because the best guys at driving and tuning didn't always have the best cars, or the cars to suit them. It was who adapted best to the new machinery.
Whats the fun in getting a "donkey" that brings you disadvantage to other players?
 
Road legal cars, road cars + concepts, racing GT500, racing GT300, Touring Cars, GT3, Rally, Nascar, Le mans, Red Bulls, Karts... shall I go on?

They aren't game modes, but good try.

I have 400 cars in GT6 now, that fit all the PP limits between 360 and 975, no problem
If you have a 500 PP car you can de-tune it a bit and lower it to 480PP so whats the problem?

Good for you that you have all those cars, but not everyone else does or cares to. Besides, what's to say your detuned car will perform as well as the properly tuned 480 cars?

Whats the fun in getting a "donkey" that brings you disadvantage to other players?

Because it was only for once race, to give yourself a challenge. It's not like you had to use a poorer car
for a 20 race championship. You had the bad handling muscle car for one race, had fun trying to outrace the others then moved on the next race with something else.
 
Shuffle was far from perfect. There still were differences in car performance, lots of cars were terrible to drive, and you could not select a custom tire type.
Also, of course, you could not tune any car to fit your driving style.

I think One make races is not so rare at least in Europe, the problem is, you have to search manually the titles.

Those 3 are reasons I want shuffle... If you change the word terrible to different you have a 4th one aswell.
 
Indeed, people not being able to switch everything to racing soft tyres was a good thing. It was very much like a lucky dip to see who drove what from the car park at the track.
 
Shuffle was far from perfect. There still were differences in car performance, lots of cars were terrible to drive, and you could not select a custom tire type.
Also, of course, you could not tune any car to fit your driving style.

I think One make races is not so rare at least in Europe, the problem is, you have to search manually the titles.
Why do you have such a hard time accepting that people liked shuffle racing, even with it's little quirks? How many hours did you put in acquiring 400 cars and then tuning them to meet PP limits? Not everyone has that kind of time. The game can't just cater to people like you or it will fail (I'd argue it already has failed). Think outside the box and stop being so defensive.
 
If GT6 had proper, set classes and matchmaking I wouldn't miss shuffle so much. In that other game they had 8 or something classes, and I built three or four cars to each class for various tracks. In GT5 and GT6 all I saw going online are thousands of different permutations for racing lobbies and I just don't have the time to find and tune hundreds of cars to suit them all.

If I'm going to be at a disadvantage I'd rather it be random, in shuffle, than because I don't have enough time to build a car for all 4,000 different possibilities of online lobbies.
 
They aren't game modes, but good try.

Good for you that you have all those cars, but not everyone else does or cares to. Besides, what's to say your detuned car will perform as well as the properly tuned 480 cars?
They are racing categories. The first two ones are manual, the others are room options.
If you take out "power bits" off cars, they perform almost the same but they just have less power, and less PP. Anyway, thats the thing you have to try and remember if this orr that car performs well or badly on this PP or that PP.
Also, if people doesnt care about this, its their fault, they should try something else. I would say the ones who really careand love the game (like me and others) dont complaih about "too many cars to try and tune".
Why do you have such a hard time accepting that people liked shuffle racing, even with it's little quirks? How many hours did you put in acquiring 400 cars and then tuning them to meet PP limits? Not everyone has that kind of time. The game can't just cater to people like you or it will fail (I'd argue it already has failed). Think outside the box and stop being so defensive.
I'm not having a hard time accepting it because I liked shuffle and I said I also want it back. What I'm saying is... it wasnt the only good racing mode in GT5 and it wont be in GT6 if it "comes back". Don't overrate shuffle please... its only a small part of GT online.
 
Ah, back to your "I like it, if other people don't it's their fault, maybe the game isn't for them." line of thought.
 
They are racing categories. The first two ones are manual, the others are room options.
If you take out "power bits" off cars, they perform almost the same but they just have less power, and less PP. Anyway, thats the thing you have to try and remember if this orr that car performs well or badly on this PP or that PP.
Also, if people doesnt care about this, its their fault, they should try something else. I would say the ones who really careand love the game (like me and others) dont complaih about "too many cars to try and tune".

I'm not having a hard time accepting it because I liked shuffle and I said I also want it back. What I'm saying is... it wasnt the only good racing mode in GT5 and it wont be in GT6 if it "comes back". Don't overrate shuffle please... its only a small part of GT online.
I love it when people proclaim that they care and love the game and so you play the game the way they want you to play or find another game. That makes so much sense:lol:
 
Tuning in GT6 is more of an art than a science, and unless you are a member of GTP or some other group that discusses the tuning issues in GT6, you'll have no idea what you're doing with tuning and can't hope to compete.
Relax, I have found THE best way to tune any car.
Everything below is facetious, obviously.
Suspension - Put every slider ALL the way to the right, if your car rolls over, move them ALL to the left, if you see sparks, move them all right until you have achieved a balance of sparks to rollover.
Transmission - Guess conservatively how fast your car go on the longest straight. Add 30, that is your max speed.
LSD - Use numbers from a lottery ticket. Only winning lottery tickets will yield correct results.
Power - ALL the power, anything less and you're not being serious enough.
Brake Balance - 10/10, your car will stop really fast!
 
Ah, back to your "I like it, if other people don't it's their fault, maybe the game isn't for them." line of thought.
I love it when people proclaim that they care and love the game and so you play the game the way they want you to play or find another game. That makes so much sense:lol:
Seriously, I've had the impression that some people might:
1) dislike the game for not having enough stuff
2) at the same time dont care about huge online options

contradictory much? Complaining about something they don't care to get into? really?
 
As @KingKlingeling mentioned, I recommend trying out the Mixer Makeshift Shuffle races. They include multiple variations and have a performance gradient to accommodate people of different skill levels (similar to 'ratio' function worked in GT5 shuffle). The cars have been tested by multiple people to create a good ratio between best and worst cars. @watermelonpunch runs it overall, with other people hosting as well (@amarynceos). It is a good time, at least give the OP a read to give it a chance and understand the concept...and maybe help your shuffle withdrawal.
 
Back