Am I able to create a separate save file for my son?

• Thread starter tukgtr
  • 3 comments
Australia
Perth, WA
redfivefelix
I have a young son who is showing a knack for driving and driving games.
But creating an account he can use to save his own progress is proving impossible.
PS won't let him use online features due to his age, even if I set age permissions higher.
I tried to setup a new user for him but it won't let me do it with my existing email and I'm not opening a new email account just for him.
Any ideas anyone?
PS network/Sony/GT is making something that should be simple excessively difficult...

By far the easiest way is to create a seperate PS account with a different email address. Email addresses are free, and depending on your current provider you can probably set up an alias to your current email address.

You don't need to use the email address for anything other than logging into the additional PS account.

The additional PS account on the same console as your account will also have access to PS Plus online play privileges.

Its really a very simple solution.

PS network/Sony/GT is making something that should be simple excessively difficult...
I tried to setup a new user for him but it won't let me do it with my existing email and I'm not opening a new email account just for him.
Any ideas anyone?
It's really easy. You do the thing you say you refuse to do.

Your email address is one of two piece of information (three if you have 2FA set up) that you use to identify your PS account, the other being the password. If you want a new account, you need a new email address. There's literally thousands of free email address providers, and if you use GMail you can just put full stops literally anywhere in the account name to create a new email address that goes to the same inbox...

Back