Am I doing it good?

• Thread starter Heath82
  • 38 comments
Italy
Italy
hi guys, I literally love assetto corsa but i also got curious about project cars 2 ratings in the most famous ps4 games sites.. so I convinced myself to buy it on ps store. You know, when you download a game feom there before downloading the whole game it downloads just a little part of it to let you give a try. I drove a mclaren on a track I don’t remember the name. My first impressions were:
1. Car phisic is **** compared to assetto corsa
2. Graphic looks old
3. The sound was really good
4. I liked track engineer to set up the car
5. I liked the different weather

Now i wanted to ask you all, does this game deserve the high ratings it got?

Make sure you use the OEM setup for road cars. And try playing more of the game before making such bold statements, the physics are actually very comparable to Assetto Corsa.

Oh and also the sound kind of sucks

I didn’t mean being so rough, i just couldn’t explain myself why this game got such high ratings compared to assetto corsa!! Anyway I bought it by now and tonight download ends up, i’m gonna try some other car, but i felt it pretty far from assetto corsa up to now

I didn’t mean being so rough, i just couldn’t explain myself why this game got such high ratings compared to assetto corsa!! Anyway I bought it by now and tonight download ends up, i’m gonna try some other car, but i felt it pretty far from assetto corsa up to now
Umm what?

Question other then car physics what other things in your mind does ac do better then pcars 2?

car physics ac > pcars 2 but not by much
Graphic looks old - depends on which platform your playing pcars 2 on, cause on a xbx or ps4 pro is looks better then ac.
I liked the different weather - pcars 2 Live track 3.0 >>>>>> ac non weather system.

Overall pcars 2 is just a more complete game and that's why it got such good ratings.

Also like Sentry87 said try playing the game first before making such bold statements.

sure and I can’t wait to give it a try, i just wanted to know what ac’s lovers feel like when they play pc2, because i felt pc2 very different than ac in negative way. That’s it

Last edited:
@Heath82 - I'm not an AC lover, although I do like it, & I've only tried the P CARS 2 demo; but have to say that while the physics were ok I didn't like the FFB much at all as it felt slightly wrong & dull to me. I prefer AC to P CARS 2, & prefer P CARS 1 to both of them (FFB & physics wise that is).

I gave up on AC 4 months after it launched on console partly due to pCARS 2 coming out but mostly due to the lack of content in AC. I need tracks! It's the same reason I couldn't bring myself to buy GTS even for £10.99 on the PS store.

AC physics are great, but I personally need more content to keep me hooked.

For me, I think PC2 is the best racing game/sim on console. Can it be better? If course it can but as an overall package I think it’s the best we have atm. I think GT sport is easily the best LOOKING game on console but falls short in a lot of other areas once you look past its graphics.
I’d say the tyre model in PC2 is better than Assetto and the physics are at least compatible if not slightly better. The Livetrack 3.0 in PC2 with dynamic weather is in a league if it’s own on console racing.
I haven’t done too much online racing on Assetto but PC2 is very simple to set up and very customisable if you’re looking for a bit of fun with with a group of friends or a serious championship.

Online racing in public lobbies on every game is just rubbish with stupid people everywhere.

What wheel are you running?

Thrustmaster t150. But i’m used to a light force feedback. On ac i used only 30. And i’m fighting with steering sensitivity on default is 50 but it looks like i gotta steer too much.. please help me out

I'm running a custom mod setting on PC, but this should get your 150 feeling better. I recommend Raw on console as it removes dampening and gives pure FFB.

Also, if my settings feel too light adjust Volume up a bit leave gain alone. The 150 has a weak (ish) motor if you adjust gain too high it will induce clipping.

PC2 FFB.jpg

Also don't forget to zero out dead zones.

PC2 FFB 2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah i put 0 all dead zones. Throttle brake and clutch work well at 50, but steering doesn’t work for me, what could be a good value? And then force feedback I thought about 30 this way i can countersteer with one hand. And then i can’t feel tyres slipping. And also I can’t feel difference among raw, informative and immersive. I forgot to mention that i have ps4

Thrustmaster t150. But i’m used to a light force feedback. On ac i used only 30. And i’m fighting with steering sensitivity on default is 50 but it looks like i gotta steer too much.. please help me out
In the car setup menu try reducing the steering ratio down a few notches which will mean you won’t need to steer as much from left to right.

hi guys, I literally love assetto corsa but i also got curious about project cars 2 ratings in the most famous ps4 games sites.. so I convinced myself to buy it on ps store. You know, when you download a game feom there before downloading the whole game it downloads just a little part of it to let you give a try. I drove a mclaren on a track I don’t remember the name. My first impressions were:
1. Car phisic is **** compared to assetto corsa
2. Graphic looks old
3. The sound was really good
4. I liked track engineer to set up the car
5. I liked the different weather

Now i wanted to ask you all, does this game deserve the high ratings it got?
1. I love AC as well as PC2. The physics are not **** in comparison to AC but they are different. Not everyone thinks AC is great by the way and I'm ok with that. There are something like 200+ cars in the game. Some are brilliant, some are as you'd expect, terrible. AC is the same.

2. The engine is doing an awful lot more graphically than AC and the game is doing a lot more simulation than GT Sport. So yes the visuals can take a knock from time to time due to dynamic resolution scaling but overall I feel the game looks great. Game looks better on a Pro of course.

Are you using a wheel? If so which one and what are your FFB settings?

Is this PC2 better than PC1? I have PC1, AC, and GTS on PS4, and I tried PC2 demo. It was great!!, dinamic weather, physics... I´m using a wheel (Logitech g29) and IMO PC2 FBB is better than PC1.. but i just comparing a demo.
So... can anyone (that plays/played PC1) detail me if this PC2 is more "enjoyable" than PC1 and AC?

Is this PC2 better than PC1? I have PC1, AC, and GTS on PS4, and I tried PC2 demo. It was great!!, dinamic weather, physics... I´m using a wheel (Logitech g29) and IMO PC2 FBB is better than PC1.. but i just comparing a demo.
So... can anyone (that plays/played PC1) detail me if this PC2 is more "enjoyable" than PC1 and AC?

I never was able to dial in the ffb correctly in pC1 something I had no issues with in pC2.
Having better feel I could never go back. I find the tire model of pC2 to be a vast improvement over pC1.

But in the end it's all subjective.

I never was able to dial in the ffb correctly in pC1 something I had no issues with in pC2.
Having better feel I could never go back. I find the tire model of pC2 to be a vast improvement over pC1.

But in the end it's all subjective.
Thnks!! So.. can you confirm that the game with all updates as of today, is better than the ps4 Demo?

Basically, you come to ANY racing game after playing a different one, you are going to have issues (the longer you played, the bigger the issues). They are ALL different. Let's face it, if they were all the same, it would be boring. There's something to take away from each game that is enjoyable, but so far, no game has managed to string together all the best elements from each one.

I keep wishing it would be PCARS, but they seem to not care about any online functionality other than organized league racing. I can handle the difference in physics and FFB between PC2 and AC (nobody that actually races real cars claims either is 100% realistic), it is just a question of acclimatization.

It might help if the OP detailed his rig specs. I can certainly say that, on a PS4Pro and a 4K TV, PC2's graphics blow AC's away. Maybe different on a PC, does AC run at 4K?

I can certainly say that, on a PS4Pro and a 4K TV, PC2's graphics blow AC's away.
As a guy using a PS4PRO too and a 4K TV, I cannot agree with this statement.
Yes, it improved from what I was seeing on my previous 1080p TV and yes, it looks slightly better overall but it doesn't blow anything.

Try looking at the liveries during a race, try reading what the car directly in front of your bumper has written on its back and good luck with that. Don't let me talk about weather or night here or the mirrors...

IMHO, AC still has the edge in clarity, overall resolution, edges AA etc... PC2 excels in overall ambiance, lighting, colors etc... But despite all of that, I can forgive PC2 for all of that because it has lots more to handle/compute like LT3.0 and other elements.

My 2 cents.

VBR
@Heath82 - I'm not an AC lover, although I do like it, & I've only tried the P CARS 2 demo; but have to say that while the physics were ok I didn't like the FFB much at all as it felt slightly wrong & dull to me. I prefer AC to P CARS 2, & prefer P CARS 1 to both of them (FFB & physics wise that is).
Bad thing to compare the PC2 demo with AC and the proper game..

The demo version is like a v.2.5 of the full game

The difference in physics, Tyre model and ffb now is quite huge compared with the demo.

If you can, give the full game on his lasted version a try and you gonna see and feel the difference

As a guy using a PS4PRO too and a 4K TV, I cannot agree with this statement.
Yes, it improved from what I was seeing on my previous 1080p TV and yes, it looks slightly better overall but it doesn't blow anything.

Try looking at the liveries during a race, try reading what the car directly in front of your bumper has written on its back and good luck with that. Don't let me talk about weather or night here or the mirrors...

IMHO, AC still has the edge in clarity, overall resolution, edges AA etc... PC2 excels in overall ambiance, lighting, colors etc... But despite all of that, I can forgive PC2 for all of that because it has lots more to handle/compute like LT3.0 and other elements.

My 2 cents.
These are screenshots taken on my phone of my videos on YouTube, which I can only watch @720p on my phone. They are slightly blurred once uploaded to here for some reason because they do look slightly sharper when viewing on my phone. But believe me, it looks good in 4k (maybe not GTS or FM7) but it does well enough.
Screenshot_20180829-172500_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20180829-173410_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20180829-174151_YouTube.jpg

I can read the back of the cars quite well & the reflection of the cars & their lights on the road in the rain at night look quite good in my mirrors.

The videos of these screenshots can be watch on YouTube in 4k on a compatible 4k screen however HDR is not enabled as YouTube does not support the metadata provided. With HDR enabled & at 4K on my Sammy 55" I can assure you it looks bloody good from where I sit.

Should've got a 1X, just my 2 cents :)

Last edited:
But believe me, it looks good in 4k (maybe not GTS or FM7) but it does well enough.
With HDR enabled & at 4K on my Sammy 55" I can assure you it looks bloody good from where I sit.

Should've got a 1X, just my 2 cents :)

With all due respect mate, but you're telling me?! :) I have a PS4 pro and a 4k 55" smart curved HDR samsung TV! And it still looks **** sometimes! I still prefer AC and GTS in terms of overall clarity and readability.

The game looked/looks so bad sometimes to the extent that I started doubting myself, my TV or my PS4 pro. However, all other games look gorgeous though so I can't fault those!
Again, I know LT3 has its weight on the system but I just can't accept the mirrors quality, some edge sharpness issues, decals and liveries on cars, etc... They do look like 240p in a 4k overall image!

EDIT: Oh and one of the reasons that made me doubt it all is when I see some youtube gameplay ps4 pro videos! They do indeed look gorgeous! So I do like :eek::confused: It doesn't look like that at all in my system! Could it be that I'm sitting 1m away from the screen?!?! But I can't see the TV pixels yet the pixelated image of PC2 can be easily visible so it's definitely not that either!

With all due respect mate, but you're telling me?! :) I have a PS4 pro and a 4k 55" smart curved HDR samsung TV! And it still looks **** sometimes! I still prefer AC and GTS in terms of overall clarity and readability.

The game looked/looks so bad sometimes to the extent that I started doubting myself, my TV or my PS4 pro. However, all other games look gorgeous though so I can't fault those!
Again, I know LT3 has its weight on the system but I just can't accept the mirrors quality, some edge sharpness issues, decals and liveries on cars, etc... They do look like 240p in a 4k overall image!

EDIT: Oh and one of the reasons that made me doubt it all is when I see some youtube gameplay ps4 pro videos! They do indeed look gorgeous! So I do like :eek::confused: It doesn't look like that at all in my system! Could it be that I'm sitting 1m away from the screen?!?! But I can't see the TV pixels yet the pixelated image of PC2 can be easily visible so it's definitely not that either!
Do you run enhanced visuals or enhanced frame rate or enhanced resolution? Because I can agree with you with the enhanced frame rate setting as it kills off visual fidelity for a smoother game. Not that I notice any drops using enhanced visuals.

Also do you use game mode on your tv? As that reduces image quality to minimise input lag.

Just trying to understand your visual issues :cheers:

Edit: still think AC looks bland though :)

Do you run enhanced visuals or enhanced frame rate or enhanced resolution? Because I can agree with you with the enhanced frame rate setting as it kills off visual fidelity for a smoother game. Not that I notice any drops using enhanced visuals.

Also do you use game mode on your tv? As that reduces image quality to minimise input lag.

Just trying to understand your visual issues :cheers:

Yes I run game mode on my TV as I play some BF so I care for a low input lag. And I use enhanced resolution option. :cheers:

Yes I run game mode on my TV as I play some BF so I care for a low input lag. And I use enhanced resolution option. :cheers:
Use enhanced visuals for better detail in your car mirrors & clarity on the other cars. You might get a slight frame rate drop but nothing considerable. Not that I notice to much even in thunderstorms with 32 cars. Other than that I must have crap eyesight so I don't pick up on all the little jaggies lol :)

Bland yes maybe but I like it more realistic. I know that's a personal preference. But when I first saw AC replay I thought it was real life and had some hard time to discover that it's a game in the end.
The color palette used is definitely more realistic and bland looking, like what real life tracks would look (unless it's raining where green grass looks greener and asphalt looks darker etc...)

I'm curious what's your opinion on tracks?!
I compared Nordschleife in both games and tbh, it looks horrendous in PC2.
I mainly dislike the curbs representation and the white line at the edge of the track that looks like a series of small straight lines assembled together to make a curve! On AC curbs look real and that white line looks like a perfect curve!

Bland yes maybe but I like it more realistic. I know that's a personal preference. But when I first saw AC replay I thought it was real life and had some hard time to discover that it's a game in the end.
The color palette used is definitely more realistic and bland looking, like what real life tracks would look (unless it's raining where green grass looks greener and asphalt looks darker etc...)

I'm curious what's your opinion on tracks?!
I compared Nordschleife in both games and tbh, it looks horrendous in PC2.
I mainly dislike the curbs representation and the white line at the edge of the track that looks like a series of small straight lines assembled together to make a curve! On AC curbs look real and that white line looks like a perfect curve!
The white lines at Nords do sometimes look exactly like that, which is not good, and also a suprise because that track in pCARS1 had good lines round it. Track AA seems to vary for me, with some looking okay and others, such as Imola, are very jaggy and distracting.

Hopefully the next game will be on console hardware powerful enough for Livetrack and visual fidelity to both shine.

Back