Am I kidding myself???

  • Thread starter Thread starter RsGt
  • 51 comments
  • 1,297 views
get semi-race suspension... if that dont work give up
 
Don't give up - giving up is a sign that you can't do something. You can do anything you put your mind to.
 
yes, give up. there are better things to do than drive yourself mental with something that you cant beat!
 
Ahh, but he can beat it if he uses a faster car. ;)
 
well i did mean give up with the ITR, not the race!! :p
 
Originally posted by SandStorm
I'd say I'm sort of between amateur and professional, probably leaning 70/30 towards professional.

How fast am I? I run consistent 53s at Deep Forest and 54s at Midfield. What sort of times do you run at those tracks?

I run 52s at Midfield with an F1...:odd: Never tried Deep Forest...and I am an Amateur, probably leaning towards the Beginner level slightly. ;)
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
I run 52s at Midfield with an F1...:odd: Never tried Deep Forest...and I am an Amateur, probably leaning towards the Beginner level slightly. ;)
Argh, you know what I mean. Don't get prissy. :grumpy:
 
Well, as the saying goes, trust your elders and betters.

Apart from when you're 5 years old and one of the older boys convinces you that you can fly, so you jump off the shed roof and break your leg.

And old estate agents. (Or even young ones for that matter)

And maybe politicians.

Okay, so maybe don't trust all advice, but definitely the stuff on here about GT3 setups.

Racing suspension & transmission duly added and low and behold Am S&S put firmly back in it's box. The last race at Seattle 2 was fairly tight, and had to be run twice, but the job is done now. It gave me much pleasure to clip the Cobra just before the tram tracks on the last lap, and watch him get swallowed up by the pack, as I disappeared into the distance. Watching the replay, it was comforting to see that the pack give him about as much respect as they give me. I.E. Absolutely none. Ha, how I laughed as he finished 4th.

Hurrah.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Cheers,

Rich.
 
The ITR is a fine car, but it can't compete with exotica. Like others have suggested, use the Camaro SS. It handles just fine and has the grunt you need to stay out front on the straights. Plus it's cheap. :D
 
Originally posted by risingson77
The ITR is a fine car, but it can't compete with exotica. Like others have suggested, use the Camaro SS. It handles just fine and has the grunt you need to stay out front on the straights. Plus it's cheap. :D

I didn't want to spend the cash though if I could help it.. (Ask any Brit about a Yorkshireman and his cash......;))

Plus now I have a car that will run in the Am Type R meet and beat the NSX Type R, plus will toast the FF race in Am and maybe win the FF race in pro (Haven't really tested this one yet)....

Also I'm not to keen on giving up on something unless I'm sure it can't be done. Hey, I'm a West Brom fan.... We know all about hardship and perseverance......

Cheers,

Rich
 
Originally posted by risingson77
The ITR is a fine car, but it can't compete with exotica. Like others have suggested, use the Camaro SS. It handles just fine and has the grunt you need to stay out front on the straights. Plus it's cheap. :D

yup, cheap as a $2 hooker :)
 
Originally posted by ving
yup, cheap as a $2 hooker :)
That's $17.50 AUD...

Rich, good job! The ITR you have set up now will definitely handle the Pro FF, because that's what I used. It will handle just about anything else you throw at it in the way of street cars.

In fact, with Turbo 4 and pushing almost 500 hp, that car can beat the GT One race car around Seattle. Not in my hands, it can't, but a number of the hot shoes in last winter's Nine Boards competition did it, turning in some inhumanly fast lap times.
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
In fact, with Turbo 4 and pushing almost 500 hp, that car can beat the GT One race car around Seattle. Not in my hands, it can't, but a number of the hot shoes in last winter's Nine Boards competition did it, turning in some inhumanly fast lap times.

Okay, another noob question (Come on SandStorm, you know you love em!)

I didn't think I could put anthing more than a stage 2 turbo in my Teg...... I shall be ROYALLY upset if I've mised something, what with all that testing and I could've just whacked the HP up and have done with it......

Cheers,

Rich
 
Not too bad, I'm running mid 52's at Midfield in the F1 and I consider myself as a bit of a novice (i.e. not that quick at all) . No doubt there are way faster (non-hybrid) times being set. :)
 
I don't recall what the setup was, but I do have in my notes that the car was running at 481 hp. This was the Honda version not the Acura version so given the "yay Japan" nature of the game it wouldn't surprise me if Acura got stiffed by a hundred HP. Fully modified including lightweight, the fast guys were turning around 1':32.xxx" laps in it.
 
Neither of the ITRs have a correct redline or fuel cut. :irked: Redline should be 8400 RPM and fuel cut should be 8500-8600 (I think).
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
This was the Honda version not the Acura version so given the "yay Japan" nature of the game it wouldn't surprise me if Acura got stiffed by a hundred HP.

Actually, that reflects real life. US spec (i.e. Acura) imports are usually down a few HP as compared to their home market versions. This generally holds true for Euro imports as well as Japan.

MG
 
Back