Am I the only one who can't bring himself to play B-Spec?

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolterrain
  • 47 comments
  • 2,162 views
Messages
56
I'm at level 1 B-Spec and can't bring myself to play it. It's just too boring to have to sit there and just watch. I can't imagine how bad it must be when you have to do the endurance races.

Anybody else?
 
I also have yet to start it. I have too much fun doing the actual driving myself so far. To each his own though.
 
I think it's pointless save for the cars you get. I plan to do it after getting the X1. Then hopefully, I could try letting other people borrow the second X1 to farm B-Spec.
 
im almost done with A-spec while my B-spec is still at level 0. I didn't buy a racing game to watch the horrible AI drive my car. I don't understand anyone that can have fun while playing b-spec.
 
Odds are, no you aren't. Thread closed.

Oh wait I'm not a mod :/
 
I've done very little B-spec, I prefer to drive myself.

I was also hoping the driver wouldn't require as much attention, so I could fire him up, then go have a life while he drives. Pretty disappointing that I have to CONSTANTLY give input.
 
I have fun yelling frustratingly at Bob while he tries to drift my cars....

I got to A spec in lvl 26 and really ran out of interesting things to do aside from grinding for credits for F-GT so I decided to start doing B-spec for a change. Now I am at lvl 10 and the driver really isn't all that bad aside from the Daytona truck race....not looking forward to eventually doing the NASCAR events....
 
never touched a B-spec mode in any GT.
If i want to see someone driving badly, i'll get in the car with my wife!
 
did the first series in b-spec, hated the fact that i couldnt speed up time and i was only using my 42" tv for ps3, so i couldnt watch tv while b-spec bob trundled around in my s/c cobra
 
I was also hoping the driver wouldn't require as much attention, so I could fire him up, then go have a life while he drives. Pretty disappointing that I have to CONSTANTLY give input.

Initially, this is true. However, I've found as my Bobs level up, they don't require as much hand-holding, and this seems to be echoed by several other people who've done more B-spec. I'm level 13 in B, and have 3 drivers (10, 9, 7), and they're noticeably better than they were when they were lower levels.

I have fun with B-spec. It lets me get a preview of some tracks, judge competition, and earn some cash and cool cars (beat the Classic Muscle Car race = (P) 66 Shelby Cobra!), without having to set up my wheel.
 
I am doing it for the cars you win, plus the extra cash I get for bob grinding while I'm not playing.
 
PD really needs to give B-spec the axe. It's so boring and a waste of a good ps3. I'm now at level 8 and hated every second of it. I own a fat 60gb ps3 and I just look at it as wasting good hours that could have been used actually having fun. And then there is the fact that you have a total of 4 options for Bob. Yeah if I want to watch someone wreck my cars I can give the wheel to my girlfriend.
 
level 30 b-spec

on the endurance races i just turn it on and leave.....come back and i have money and a new sweet car

The first few things can be bad and/or frusterating but after that b-spec is a breeze

turn it on and walk away.
 
Yea b spec nets you some good cars you would have to spend about 20 million cr on otherwise, not even counting the free x1 at 35.

And i let bob do his thing while i surf the net or play pc games, or sleep.
 
IMO giving B-Spec mode a separate option wasn't a good idea. I can't be bothered to use my time on it either.
 
My B-Spec is still at zero.
 
LVL 24 B-Spec right now. Just need another level so I can farm the Endurance Races :>
 
I just turn it on when I have other things to do.. I am at level 11. As other have said.. set it forget it and you have money and a car lol.
 
I don't find it boring and actually kinda cool, but driving the cars myself is just too much fun.:D
 
I'm surprised you guys hate it so much. My B-Spec level is 33 atm... It's easily gotten me multiple millions in cash and a bunch of good cars.
I just run the races while I'm doing other things. Last night, I set up the 9hr endurance race and woke up today with a shiny new car and some cash.
Plus, it will save me 20M in 2 levels once I pick up my new X1 =D
 
I love B-spec! It's fun to watch Bob drift an overpower supercar.:crazy:
 
I'm not a fan of B Spec, I mean at low exp the driver is really bad and it means I have to spend credits buying a new car or overpowering a car just for that event so he can win when I want to spend money on other things :grumpy:
 
I love B-spec! It's fun to watch Bob drift an overpower supercar.:crazy:

Lol... I'm almost afraid to let Bob use my X1 when I get it in 2 levels. It's gonna be a scary sight.
 
B-Spec earlier on sucks, but once you get to the professional events and up, it gets pretty entertaining.

Currently riding on a 67 win streak, the past five races were really dicey. :sick:
 
I want to try B-Spec but I can't really get over the idea that I'm basically just watching a Demo of the game. The biggest benefit I can see to my A-Spec career is the rewards I can reap from endurance races, but that doesn't open unless I grind that mode pretty hard.
 
I'm not a fan of B Spec, I mean at low exp the driver is really bad and it means I have to spend credits buying a new car or overpowering a car just for that event so he can win when I want to spend money on other things :grumpy:

They key to B-Spec is not doing it right away. Do A-spec first and get yourself some great cars, then your driver will will win easily. My drivers have a record of like 400-7 combined or something crazy.

It's really easy once you get 2 driver races to get more good B-spec drivers. I can get a driver from level 0 to 8 or 9 in one race.
 
I want to try B-Spec but I can't really get over the idea that I'm basically just watching a Demo of the game. The biggest benefit I can see to my A-Spec career is the rewards I can reap from endurance races, but that doesn't open unless I grind that mode pretty hard.

That's why you don't actually watch them. I flip on a race and then watch TV or play a PC game or whatever, and then check back when the race is finished. All you have to do is watch one lap and then estimate what time the race will be done. There's no sense in actually watching the race or commanding the driver.
 
I had never even tried B-spec racing in GT4 but I thought that I give it a shot with GT5. It was frustrating to learn at first but I have to say that I'm having a lot of fun with it. Especially when I want to get online and check the forums my B-spec driver can be earning me some $$$.

Plus I've won some cool prize cars in B-spec.
 
Lol... I'm almost afraid to let Bob use my X1 when I get it in 2 levels. It's gonna be a scary sight.

When I have the X1 I will give it to a lvl 0 driver to drive and push him HARD!!! hahaha just for kicks
 
I don't think the mode makes a lot of sense, but I'm going to put myself through it just to get to the endurance races so I can just turn it on and leave. Free money, which is a HUGE deal in this game, considering the prices of most of the cars I'd love to buy.
 
Back