Am I the only one who can't bring himself to play B-Spec?

  • Thread starter Thread starter coolterrain
  • 47 comments
  • 2,162 views
I was the same as the O.P. but then I remembered, I've finished every other GT game, why should I stop now? Sure it's boring, but it does contribute to your overall completion percentage, the driver does kind of get better and I can just do other things around the house, so the wife is happy :p

Jerome
 
They key to B-Spec is not doing it right away. Do A-spec first and get yourself some great cars, then your driver will will win easily. My drivers have a record of like 400-7 combined or something crazy.

It's really easy once you get 2 driver races to get more good B-spec drivers. I can get a driver from level 0 to 8 or 9 in one race.

That is exactly what I did. after I won the series... I use the same exact car for b spec. I had to power up a couple but It didn't cost me to much. For example during the Daytona truck challenge I only added all the exhaust parts and a fully adjustable transmission as the truck would top out.
 
I take it Bob gets better after the first few races? Cause I have not idea what I'm doing with B Spec. lol! I must have pressed overtake too many times to piss him off! He's a little bitch for crashing my car though!! :ouch:

Any tips would be greatful as i've kinda run out of passion with A-Spec for the moment.
 
Haven't started B-Spec yet. Currently lvl20 A-Spec.

Stupid question but can you use your current cars for B-Spec?
 
When I have the X1 I will give it to a lvl 0 driver to drive and push him HARD!!! hahaha just for kicks

Good luck getting it at A-spec lvl 30... I can't even get close to getting bronze on the Vettel challenges =/.

That's why I'm getting B-spec to 35 ASAP lol
 
level 23 B-spec level 22 A-spec.
I recently downloaded Minecraft on my PC so I have B-spec bob grinding away when I play Minecraft. You win some really excellent cars from b-spec races, Zonda R, Toyota 7, Mazda Furai, plus it's easy money to let bob grind while your doing something else.
 
I hate it, especially since there's no way to speed up the time, like in GT4...

Only doing it to get some free cars, other than that, I can't stand it.
 
I'm at level 1 B-Spec and can't bring myself to play it. It's just too boring to have to sit there and just watch. I can't imagine how bad it must be when you have to do the endurance races.

Anybody else?

Yep, same here. I think it has its place though. I have friends that had never considered a driving game before, but when they saw b-spec on GT4 they bought it because it became more accessible and more of an RPG for them. Each to their own...
 
Haven't started B-Spec yet. Currently lvl20 A-Spec.

Stupid question but can you use your current cars for B-Spec?

The series are the same in both A & B modes. So you can use whatever car you want, as long as they fit the guidelines for that specific series.

The only real difference between the modes is tire restrictions - most B-spec modes only allow for racing-hard at the most, whereas A-spec doesn't have tire restrictions.
 
They key to B-Spec is not doing it right away. Do A-spec first and get yourself some great cars, then your driver will will win easily. My drivers have a record of like 400-7 combined or something crazy.

It's really easy once you get 2 driver races to get more good B-spec drivers. I can get a driver from level 0 to 8 or 9 in one race.

Thanks for the tip mate, yeah I'm level 20 in A Spec atm so Im getting there, there still is some cars I will need to buy for for b spec like mostly the beginer events but ohwell shoudnt cost too much :)
 
loving b-spec after about level 23 or 24 it is entertaining and I also use it for cash- like said before Start a long race set a pit stratagey then just go eat or watch tv or sleep..
 
Haven't started B-Spec yet. Currently lvl20 A-Spec.

Stupid question but can you use your current cars for B-Spec?

Yes, you can. You even get to keep the winning and prize cars the B-spec Bob earns. It's kind of a raw deal for him. ;)
 
Thanks for the tip mate, yeah I'm level 20 in A Spec atm so Im getting there, there still is some cars I will need to buy for for b spec like mostly the beginer events but ohwell shoudnt cost too much :)
No problem. It will be nice once B-Spec is available to do online. Still not sure how that's going to work yet though.

I don't even think I had to buy any additional cars for the B-Spec drivers to use, I just made them use the cars that I used in my events. Of course, I generally souped mine up before I raced them ;)

loving b-spec after about level 23 or 24 it is entertaining and I also use it for cash- like said before Start a long race set a pit stratagey then just go eat or watch tv or sleep..

You honestly don't even need to mess with pit strategy. The drivers will pit automatically when they are low on gas or need new tires.

If you are in a long endurance race, and you have the strategy set so that the drivers will pit at 10%, they may end up pitting every lap or 2 if they have not yet recovered their strength.
 
I play B-Spec for the money and cars I could use in A-Spec. Additionally, I really don't care much for the License events and Special events, B-Spec gives me a chance of attaining the X1 (at level 35 if I'm not mistaking). I will admit that B-Spec is simultaneously boring and frustrating (sometimes), but I like the idea of progressing in the game while I'm busy dealing more important things.
 
No you're not.I have not even when into B-Spec since i've bought the game.Just seems boring to tell a guy what to do and just sit there and watch.
 
I wasn't planning on using Bob, but my wife put my wheel away the other day and when I got a free hour to play I just did B-spec instead of spending a few precious minutes setting the wheel back up... or I was just lazy.
 
Good luck getting it at A-spec lvl 30... I can't even get close to getting bronze on the Vettel challenges =/.

That's why I'm getting B-spec to 35 ASAP lol

I may do the same hehe
 
never touched a B-spec mode in any GT.
If i want to see someone driving badly, i'll get in the car with my wife!

I agree nevered have bothered with B-Spec; though my wife drives well; they are plenty of yahoos on the road as it is :)
 
Back